Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashes when attempting to log custom food

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When you go into the app on Android, go to add a food item that you ate, click on custom and then try to scroll down to find the food item, the app crashes stating:

Something went wrong with Fitbit

Fitbit closed because this app has a bug.

Try updating this app after it's developer provides a fix for this error.

This was AFTER I updated to the latest release.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

I'm not sure where I should put this to have it answered but I do have the Charge 5.

When I go into the Fitbit app & try & look at the Custom Foods that I have added, the app suddenly stops & I get a message which states:

Something went wrong with Fitbit

Fitbit closed because this app has a bug

Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error

Does anybody else have this problem & do you know if it's being looked at but the developers?

Best Answer

Hello @sjodell and welcome to the Community.  Do you use an Android or iPhone?  You are describing an app problem.  Most, if not all, app problems are with one mobile platform.  Your post can get moved to a better fit forum for more help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android, I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app & rebooted my mobile phone but the problem still remains

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update of the app the other day, now I can't use the custom food logging. It shuts down the app and my phone says there is a bug in it. Are there any plans for a fix?? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It started 2 days ago after my fitbit did a firmware update. I use this feature everyday as I'm trying to lose weight, so this is incredibly inconvenient. It is the main reason I have a fitbit so I can track calories in vs. Out

Best Answer

@sjodell   I will merge your thread with the more active linked thread.  Any moderator updates will be there.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @ShirkeyR 

Apparently this is something that is causing issues with many people. You can see it being discussed here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-crashes-when-attempting-to-log-custom-food/td...

I would join that thread and participate in the conversation there. If there is a fix or the issue addressed by a moderator it will certainly be done there. 

I hope this post helps point you in the right direction 

Best Answer
Thank youSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

Numerous issues with food logging:

1) I can add custom foods but when I try to select a searched-for item or pre-existing item, the app crashes.

2) The added items' calorie counts are not totalling or showing up in the daily graphs or on the dashboard 

These issues started occurring a few days ago only. Before last app update for android. Updated app and have restarted phone, issues still remain.

Best Answer
I spoke directly to someone in customer service and they said they were aware of the problem.
Now, the question is "how long until it is resolved"???
Since I am familiar with the way I added all of my custom foods, I can just go into search and find the foods I added and log them with no trouble.
Best Answer
I use my Fitbit and log my foods and keep track of the rest of my information for the same reason.
I recognize all of the custom foods that were added to my list, and they seem to be listed under the popular section of the search list.
As a result, the best thing you can do is search for the food and log it as you remember wording it in your custom foods list until the problem is resolved.
We finally resolved the problem with nutrients numbers being way off, but then something else pops up ... prior to that problem being resolved, I had to write down the fibers, saturated fats, and sodium mgs for everything I logged in.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would recommend you speak directly to a customer service representative about your issue if it involves Charge 5 and you are not finding answers to your problem via the Fitbit Community.
They will either tell you they are aware of your problem or attempt to resolve it through speaking directly with you on the phone.
If you don't have the number to Fitbit customer service, it is (877) 623-4997.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's fine for individual food items, but meals won't work - and trying to do it online doesn't work either. 

Exactly the same; charge 5. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, started yesterday (I use the custom food list almost every day).

The app was already up to date, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the phone, no luck.

Most recent version of Android on a pixel 3a.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG. What a reply.  We will have it fixed in a few months!!!!!  Really!.  If some other company said this you would go ballistic.  Totally unacceptable for users. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I did notice that the custom foods are now in alphabetical order -- fixed one problem, but created another! Ugh! Fitbit please fix ASAP!! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue tried installing and uninstalling but had no success. I have a Samsung S21 with android 12. Hoping there is a fix for this.

Best Answer

All of a sudden, I cannot access custom foods other than the ones that are on the screen when I open it up. When I try and scroll down its goes back to the previous page that I was on before going to custom foods

Best Answer

Same thing here,  very frustrating. I've contacted support with no help. 

Best Answer