Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the steps tried prior to posting. Also, I appreciate your efforts while contacting our Support team. I'm sorry you're having this experience with the Food log and to further investigate, please provide me with the following information:

1. What is the model and OS version of your phone?
  2. On the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon > Help & Support and provide me with the version.
  3. If possible, take a screenshot of the screen showing the issue and attach it to your reply.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Whatever food I am trying to track is not accurately being displayed. Also, the breakdown is way off. 

I didn't realize there was an update. Now what do we do? 

Best Answer

Hi, Lizzy.  Thanks for looking into this.  Mine is a Samsung S9 with Android version 10, One UI version 2.5.  Android security patch March 1, 2022.  Fitbit version 3.58, but it was happening a bit before the most recent update.  I don't have much to take a screenshot of.  The gist again is that if I put in some calories and back out, the calories don't show up in the phone for a while, but they will show up eventually.

Best Answer

Last night I called Fitbit Support. They told me that Fitbit is "aware of the problem" and that is a bug. Unfortunately, they do not know how long fixing it will take. They said they are working on it.

So I guess we just live with it until they fix it.

Best Answer

Thank you  for taking  some interest in this issue.  Besides not being  able to use the Food function, it's frustrating to see so many having problems with no response thus far from  corporate.

I am using the Fitbit app 3.59(20263698) on  my Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone.  My experience is much the  same as the others have posted (and in my earlier post).  If someone can tell me how  to take a screen shot of my phone screen, I'll send you a couple screen shots.

The only way I've found for it to work has been to log out and quit the app, then log back in (but even that doesn't always work).  I lose any food enteries just entered, but it'll usually  work for perhaps a couple hours and food entered in  the get registered in  the Windows Browser app and onto the phone app's home screen, but by the next meal, it's broke again.  However, food entered thru the Windows Browser app will still flow down to the  phone app screens, so I know  it's still logged in.  Did I say Frustrating!

Best Answer
Hi Lizzy, I'm using a Samsung S22. Android version 12, One UI version 12. I've attached the info from the app.
Best Answer

When is there going to be an update or a patch to correct this issue? We're 4 days in and your advice has not worked. I've even logged onto my partner's computer and my food selections are still not showing up in the app when updated. Some of us would appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220527-135733_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20220527-135757_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Mine is the same but I never use quick calories, only specific foods/meals that are already available on the app or that I have set up myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 isn't updating my food record. It's recording my entries,  but not keeping a running total.

Anyone any suggestions/ help?

Best Answer

The same problem started a week ago but now nothing logged is showing up on the main screen as of two days ago has to be a Fitbit bug

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well as of this past weekend. I'm running version 3.59.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S10+. The other thing I've noticed is that the calories and food are also no syncing back to my account so when I view my dashboard on the website, there's no food or calories calculated. I'm hoping there is a bug fix for this soon as this is what I lean on to know if I'm staying on track for calories in vs out each day. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information, and every step tried on your own. I understand how frustrating this can be and let me share this has been escalated to our team. The next Fitbit app version will bring a fix for this issue, so please wait until an update is available for your Android devices.

Your feedback is appreciated and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer

I contacted Customer Service and provided screen shots. They advised a bug fix is in progress.

It is an app issue. Bug fix is "coming soon" according to Customer Service.

Best Answer

I've attempted logging food via website, but wouldn't work. Might be account related.

Best Answer

And it's not just an issue with Android phones.  I have an iphone 13.

Best Answer

Hi I have an inspire2 and since 25th may nothing shows on the main screen. Very frustrating.  I did online chat and all same suggestions tried. They took my email address and said some would email me as he couldn't help me after trying everything.  I said there were no updates pending. Why does it take so long to fix as some people have had this issue for months. Rubbish service as per usual. I dont know why we keep buying Fitbit.  Stupid we are. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what Fitbit support emailed me yesterday:

"Hi K,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. If you have additional questions visit help.fitbit.com.

Sincerely,"
Best Answer

I suggest we all buy a different brand of fitness watch.  The Fitbit (all versions) doesn't accurately track macro nutrients (protein, carbs fat) or micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), which is one of the principal purposes of the app,  Complaints have been accumulating for YEARS.

Vote with your $$.  

Best Answer

Hi only had the App for two weeks but noticed the pass couple of days my food intake is not showing on the app food tile, and sometimes not calculating property in the cals in vs out.

Best Answer