Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

This worked! Deleted the app and reinstalled on Google Play Store. Food is now showing up correctly and is visible in my third party app as well.

THANK YOU!

Best Answer

I just looked and I didn't see an update for Fitbit in the Google Play Store.  

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220614-141404_Google Play Store.jpg

LizzyFitbit, 

I updated 3.60 on June 7th...  (in the US, android phone) It did not fix anything. In fact, after speaking to Support, their recommendations wiped my data back to the 5/19 update. I have already posted this info, along with others on this thread. What are we supposed to do?

Edited to add screenshot.

Best Answer

Just received update there is version 3.60 but it hasn't fixed the food tile issues

------------

I did as well and nothing was fixed. Fitbit Support Twitter account said they would look into it

Best Answer

As of this reply, my Android app version is 3.60 (20263717).  I entered food on the app and for the first time in quite a while it automatically synced with the laptop dashboard.  Thank you for addressing this.  I hope other customers have an equally positive result.

Best Answer

After working with Customer Support and the Fitbit Support Twitter account I am extremely frustrated. Fitbit App Version 3.60 DID NOT FIX the Food Tile issues!!

Calories consumed not showing on food tile, remaining calories wrong, recent food and frequent food not populating.

JUST FIX IT!!!

Best Answer
And for Android? No update showing on store at the min.

Chris
Best Answer
Just checked playstore in The US. NOT AVAILABLE.
Best Answer

I just tweeted support with same info. They can push devices but can't fix the app???

Best Answer

For those not seeing the update yet (such as myself)... my guess is there's some kind of caching on the Play Store preventing your device from seeing the update. I did try clearing the Play Store cache, but it didn't help. So there must be some other mechanism at play here, such as if you were to maybe clear the full Play Store app data. But I don't want to go that far as I would lose settings and such. So I'll continue to wait. I did log in to the Play Store from the web and saw the update available, but my phone refuses to see it for the time being.

Best Answer

There is no update in app store for me.  .

Best Answer

No update for me either (UK based). Just went on the the Play store it says latest update dated 19th May.

Best Answer

Just updated on Android and the problem seems to still exist. When I input my quick calories, they disappear and when I back out of the food log, it doesn't show any calories for the day.

Then when I go back into the food log, the quick calories are now showing (but still not on the main page)

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot upgrade the Fitbit app from 3.59.1.  I just tried.  Nothing.

-------------

I removed Fitbit 3.59.1.  Went to Play Store and Downloaded the latest FitBit but what gets on my phone is the same version 3.59.1, which is still broken.

I have purchased many FitBit devices over the past many years.  I am seriously thinking of changing products.  This is very sad and disappointing.  

Regards,

Carla 

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit  it sounds like the devs gave you bad information. As others have said, the new version is not visible in the play store. No 3.60 , just the may version 3.59

Best Answer

Fitbit Twitter Support also told me about version 3.60, but no one in US can see in Play store. Also heard the new version didn't fix the issue, so he asked to roll back to version prior to 3.591

Best Answer

US here, no update in the Play Store. This is just getting sad.

Best Answer

When will version 3.60 be available for Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see update either. Last one I see in the Play Store is from May
19th. I have Pixel 3, Android 12. But doesn't matter because I ditched
Fitbit for food logging.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started working last week. All I can remember doing was power off my
iphone and on again.
Best Answer
0 Votes