Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to re-login frequently after message "Unable to send message"

The android Fitbit app keeps forgetting me and I have to log back in.  After entering my credentials, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to send message.  Please try again later".  I immediately attempt to login again and it works.  This happens frequently.  

1000001509.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113

@Maisyloco Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to read the whole article? There is this section as well: Why can’t I move Fitbit to my Google Account?. Several factors are involved. You can check some of the reasons there. 

@D777777 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about this situation. We have reported this already and Fitbit is working on a solution. I appreciate your patience!

@rrreuter Thanks for your understanding and patience. Very much appreciated. You too have an great weekend. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Count me in as well 😞

Same as all the others on this thread - no issues on my previous S20 - but now with the brand new S24 ultra it's happening. Android version 14, One UI version 6.1, Fitbit app version 4.12.1.

Not that I'm a techie, but seeing this seems to people with new Samsung's, I wonder if it is due to something in Smart Switch that we probably all used when we upgraded our phones? Just a thought..

Best Answer

Same problem since getting an S24 have to login every time, reinstalled fitbit on my S22 to check if it was the same but it was fine. Not sure if its connected or not but also since changing to the S24 the battery on my sense 2 is only lasting just over a day, some times not even a day

Best Answer

@Red1982 Welcome to the forums. @67Healey Good day to you all. Thanks for reaching out about having to log in repeatedly and the details. 

This only confirms that the latest Samsung devices are affected by this situation. Please note that this has been reported already. Fitbit is working on a solution. As soon as I learn more about this, I will let you know. I really appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Any luck on fixing this? 

Best Answer

@Pamcrt2002 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about having to log in frequently. Please note that we have reported this already and Fitbit is working on a solution. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Thanks for your patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently upgraded to the s24 plus and having the same issue which brought me here. I went back into the app and "connected phone" and so far it is working correctly. 

Best Answer

@Trip21 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your own experience. Did you connect the phone via this prompt message you receive on the app? I am just curious. That way other users could try this our. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I click on log-in. I get the message "Unable to send message. Please try again later." I click the OK button. Then when I click on log-in for the second time I get straight in without entering any log-in details.

Best Answer

@MHred Good day to you. Thanks for sharing your own experience with this situation. This is being investigated by Fitbit and I would like to know the following. 

This goes for everyone on this thread. Are you logging into your account from a second device? If that is the case, please be so kind to share if you are using another smartphone or tablet for this matter. Thank you in advance, this will help out with the investigation. Much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new Samsung phone is the only device I am using.

Best Answer

@a2zfuller Thank you very much for the confirmation. I will document this accordingly. Much appreciated. We shall see what other users share. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am only using one device. Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra.

Best Answer

@MHred Thanks a lot. This will help with the investigation. As soon as I have more information, I will let you all know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

RodrigoMFitbit: I only log in on my Samsung Galaxy S24+.

Best Answer

@rrreuter Thanks for the reply and confirmation. This seems to be the trend. I am guessing that might not be a factor affecting this situation. We shall see what other users share. I have documented this accordingly. Thanks for your patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I also only use my S24 Ultra now with Fitbit.

I didn't remove fitbit on my old phone though, before turning it off and putting it to the side, but i can charge it back up again and get it running to try and remove the app fully from that phone as well, just in cast that might be something that is causing problems, though with that phone having been off now since i got the S24, i don't see how it would be an issue.

Best Answer

@Fatalicus Thank you so much for your reply and details about it. I agree with you, I do not think that is affecting the login on your new smartphone. I will document this and let you know as soon as I have more information. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you for your messages and feedback.

As mentioned, our team is investigating what is causing this issue. 

In order to move forward with the investigation we'll need some information. Could you please reply with the following:

• Your phone model.
  • Current Android version.
  • Do you use more than one device to log in? Which devices?

We appreciate your collaboration. 

Best Answer
I have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. Not sure what Android version and now that I created a new gmail account I stay logged in and only log in on this device.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer