Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 / P10 Lite/Plus Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After buying a Charge 2,  which wasn't pairing to any device, I got a new one at the store to try again. Still my Huawei P10 would not pair, so I paired it to my girlfriends Samsung. 

I would appreciate it if I could be informed if pairing with a Huawei p10 is possible in the future. 

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Hi, I've just changed my charge HR to the alta HR but I'm having problems syncing to my Huawei P10 Lite device. Everything worked fine with the Charge HR but it doesn't pair at all with the Alta HR. I have successfully paired the Alta HR on my partners phone, but it won't sync to my account when I open the account back up on my device. Any advice please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit will tell you to get a new phone. More sensible option is to switch
tracker brands.
Best Answer
Huawei ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

As a developer of a Bluetooth Low Energy device, there is no doubt about all problems comes from HUAWEI. No other mobile brand is working as badly as HUAWEI. The problems does not come from Fitbit og Garmin etc. all problems comes from HUAWEI.

And when you talk with their support, they say that the model is more than a year old and it won't be supported anymore, as they are busy developing new models.

Please stay away from this Chinese brand, if you wan't a working product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not "Solved". The device still doesn't work.

Maybe it is "closed", but definitely not solved.

P10 lite is one of the most sold smartphones in 2017... maybe users could have some more reassurances about when it will become compatible, and if not, why.

Best Answer

Hi Roberto.

I've just upgraded to the Huawei P10 Lite and while the Fitbit Alta initally synced, and the app is downloadable via the Play store, it quickly started losing its sync and was unable to work.

I have a second device (my old and almost prehistoric Sony, as my Chromebook isn't yet supported either) but I'd really like to be able to use the app on my new phone. I understand, reading the thread, that there wasn't any support from fitbit for the phone but this was last year. I was wondering if there was any update for compatibilty as this is now a commonly sold phone in the UK and I'm sure many users will be having a similar issue and would love to continue tracking their fitbit in one place.

Please can you inform us to an eta for support for the device or if it is in the works?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I keep having to restart my Huawei every 3-5 days or so in order to maintain the syncing activity. Once restarted, you have to go and turn on Bluetooth every time. Not ideal and very odd to say the least, but this is what has been working for me. Syncing seems to abruptly stop with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer

I have problems with my p9 and losing notifications any advice. Thank you Richard

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally second the sentiments - surely to goodness you can add a greater range to approved list of compatible devices.  You will be doing yourself out of so much business when customers return their fitbits as they cant use them.  Mad as my Huwawei P10 lite is brand new state of the art.!!!  Dark ages. Bonkers.

Best Answer

I also want to shout out about the sad experience - with a big joy of getting a new phone (Huawei Mate P10 Lite) there was a big disappointment coming when trying to pair and sync my Fitbit Charge 2. It took few hours to pair the devices but after it never allowed to sync (5 days trying now). Hope to hear news about compatibility soon! It is super uncomfortable to use another device to read my actual and daily data... 

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit,

How much longer till you support connection with the Huawei P10. ? 

I have seen others complain ing about this for several months and would have thought it would be sorted by now? 

Thanks 

Best Answer

Question is the P10 ever going to be able to send texts to fitbit? like the iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

In November I upgraded to the Huawei P10 Lite and have had many issues but, fingers crossed, I have solved them all. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times.

I have a Charge HR with firmware version 18.128 which itself caused issues with Bluetooth. After taking the firmware upgrade I noticed that the Charge HR was missing from the paired devices but it still synched with the app, then on Wednesday 17th January it stopped working completely. I tried to sync the Charge HR with my Nexus tablet and Sony laptop but the tracker could not be found. So the next day I did a tracker reset and that enabled the Bluetooth. The tracker is now showing in my list of paired devices. I have also followed all fitbit's recommendations like choosing All Day Sync and Always Connected for the tracker settings.

I also had tracking issues over the Christmas holidays. I noticed that my phone was not sharing GPS data in the Location services settings! Something must have changed the setting because it was tracking fine before Christmas. Anyway it is yet another setting on the phone that you have to check from time to time.

It is all very frustrating and you feel like you are part of a big experiment trying to get all your devices to work together.

One thing for sure if my Charge HR dies I will seriously consider buying a Huawei tracker and not a new fitbit Charge tracker.

Regards

Best Answer

It's beyond a joke that you can ensure the latest iPhone / Samsung works but not a year old 3rd largest phone manufacturer in the world!

Both me and my partner have a p10 or a p10 lite, my p10 works fine at the moment but her p10 lite lost  synch today and will not resynch! How can a company this size not keep up to date with the latest best selling products! I bet the pixel 2 works as well huh!  

Best Answer

Hi guys,

Do you know if the compatibility with the Huawei p10 was sorted?

If not, will it be on your list some time soon as this is a popular phone.

I upgraded without knowing the syncing problems with this phone, and it takes forever!!!

Best Answer

Hi,

Any ideas when this will be fixed? 

Best Answer

I would take on board what your saying if i had issues with any other device, but even my daughters Garmin connects to the Huawei P10 Lite with no issues. Only device i have regular problems with is the Fitbit.  Personally i believe its an Android 7  issue more than Blutooth as my Samsung Galaxy Tablet which worked perfectly on Android 6 just updated to Android 7 a couple of weeks ago and now it has sync issues.

Best Answer

Since it appears that the Huawei P10 and P10 Lite have become more popular it would be nice to be able to pair the Fitbit Alta HR with them. Any idea when the compatibility will be approved?

Best Answer

How can you buy a new android phone like the Huawei P10 Plus and it is not compatible with the Ionic. New phone and new Fitbit should work amazing. Unfortunately having new phone doesn't always mean better according to Fitbit.  When will the P10 be available to sync with the Ionic. Does anybody Know? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody. @SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I moved your post to this thread for you to receive update about compatibility with the Huawei P10 Plus. Additionally, please check out @RobertoME's post about this topic.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer