Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Sync issues - the truth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once more,

i see FitBit forum operators hiding behind their  "device compatibility list"

The story so far:

I've got 2 phones with me.

An old Samsung S3, capable of syncing via bluetooth with my Charge 2

A shiny, brand new Mate 10 Lite from Huawei, who PAIRS with EVERY device BUT my FitBit Charge 2.

Before, I had a Honor 7 (still from Huawei) and i did had severe sync issues. 

I had Honor when i bought myself the Fitbit device. I clearly remember i was UNABLE to download the firmware for the first usage. Luckily, i had an old samsung tablet. It served me well to push that firmware inside the Charge 2 and start using it.

With Honor 7, the sync wasn't perfect. The app synced 1/3 of the times and of course there were no other features working (like sms, incoming calls, notifications... )

Now the Huwaei Mate 10 Lite. No bluetooth pairing. This phone does not see the device. It simply do not get listed in, therefore no pair, no sync. no nothing, John Snow.

Of course the Mate 10 Lite DO SEE other devices, so i'm pretty sure the bluetooth is working. In every device i have.

Huwaei has a HUGE market slice in mobile appliances, they sell cell phone to the masses, and still, there are severe sync issues with those phones and our fitbit (a Charge 2 in my case)

Seriously, this is SICK for me, but even more for you. You are unable to sell a working device to at least 20% ppl having a so-called """""""""non-supported device""""""" (with a standard bluetooth stack behind!!)

I gave you my trust and therefore my money, i buyed myself a Charge 2. Now I deserve some tech explanations.

I want to know if there are any hopes or not. Is that simple?

Can this community know the state of works/investigations about this issue?

Thanks.

Dave.

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

This pairing issue is frustrating. I am thinking to drop fitbit and get another brand watch

Best Answer
And you'd regret it in a week or 2Update your Fitbit app, restart your phone.Delete the the device from your phone, then delete the fitbit app.Reinstall the fitbit app, then link your device.It's now working for me, I have a CHARGE 3 SE paired to a Huawei P30Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as everyone else here - despite turning off every possible setting to stop huawei turning the tracking off after ten minutes or so, it still turns itself off and I can't reliably track or pace any run.

Like others, I am considering ditching fitbit and going to another manufacturer that I know works with huawei and strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its actually Huawei causing this issue, and it can be resolved by installing a custom ROM on your phone. Lineage OS worked on my daughter's phone to resolve this issue. Huawei either poorly program their Bluetooth software or its deliberate to make people buy their own brand fitness trackers. As it did it on both a Garmin and Fitbit device it seems Huawei are at fault as you can see from Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep had realised it was huawei. Am not techy enough to go into custom ROMs.

Shame about Garmin...although I have been eyeing up an in built GPS watch from them so that it doesn't rely on the bluetooth connection.

It would be good to get this one working though as my fitbit still works really well so it would be a shame to get rid of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me neither but fortunately the people on XDA forums are tech savvy and write decent tutorials if you change your mind

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is also new and under warranty, would be very reluctant to risk bricking it 😕 

Plus am waiting to see what Android 10 brings....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a pixel 3 XL a few months back when trump was threatening Huawei I didn't want to risk not having updates. As for Android 10 the dark theme is the only thing worth mentioning so far

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm about to bite the bullet and go garmin with inbuilt GPS. Will keep hold of my fitbit incase they suddenly fix the issue (it's too cosmetically damaged to sell on!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 when the Fitbit didn't sync to the phone and it had exactly same problem which was still irritating even with built in gps which is useless when data with sync 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I'll see how it goes - if its crap, it can get returned under the distance selling act 😄 My sister has a decent tomtom one that she's smitten with

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon are good with returns, wish I had the extra dosh laying around to get the new Garmin Venu, amazing AMOLED screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fed up with fitbit syncing and pairing issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also fed up with fitbit syncing and pairing issues. I still think it is a Fitbit issue. My Huawei Mate SE worked for 2 years... until a Fitbit device (firmware?) update this fall. Is there a way to revert back to the previous device firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steve for me as soon as my contract is up I'm going back to Samsung. Fitbit works great on all other devices my wife and friends have. Therefore, it is clearly Huawei who is at fault. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue, what can I do. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, Does not work with a Heawei P10 Lite.

My fitbit was a gift. Ver, very disappointing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using my fitbit since June 2018 and I upgraded my iphone to a Huawei P30 Lite and have been having many synch issues.

I tried to get some help with the online chat service through fitbit as the huawei can see other bluetooth devices.

the customer service person basically told me to buy a new watch!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no support. Fitbit doesn't sync with Honor 6x.

Best Answer

Huawei (who also manufacture Honor phones) use a cheap and less effective version of Bluetooth. Therefore your phone will never properly sync with your Fitbit. Your choice is to buy a new phone (avoid Huawei, One Plus and go with a Samsung, Sony or IPhone having first checked the Fitbit compatibility list. Remember too that new phones by these more mainstream manufacturers often don't appear on the list but will do shortly after release).

I have been struggling with intermittent connection between my Honor 10 and my Fitbit for 2 years. It works but not reliably. It's not Fitbits fault or in their gift to fix. To put it bluntly, we bought cheap phones and received cheaper and less reliable tech 😞

Best Answer