Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Sync issues - the truth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once more,

i see FitBit forum operators hiding behind their  "device compatibility list"

The story so far:

I've got 2 phones with me.

An old Samsung S3, capable of syncing via bluetooth with my Charge 2

A shiny, brand new Mate 10 Lite from Huawei, who PAIRS with EVERY device BUT my FitBit Charge 2.

Before, I had a Honor 7 (still from Huawei) and i did had severe sync issues. 

I had Honor when i bought myself the Fitbit device. I clearly remember i was UNABLE to download the firmware for the first usage. Luckily, i had an old samsung tablet. It served me well to push that firmware inside the Charge 2 and start using it.

With Honor 7, the sync wasn't perfect. The app synced 1/3 of the times and of course there were no other features working (like sms, incoming calls, notifications... )

Now the Huwaei Mate 10 Lite. No bluetooth pairing. This phone does not see the device. It simply do not get listed in, therefore no pair, no sync. no nothing, John Snow.

Of course the Mate 10 Lite DO SEE other devices, so i'm pretty sure the bluetooth is working. In every device i have.

Huwaei has a HUGE market slice in mobile appliances, they sell cell phone to the masses, and still, there are severe sync issues with those phones and our fitbit (a Charge 2 in my case)

Seriously, this is SICK for me, but even more for you. You are unable to sell a working device to at least 20% ppl having a so-called """""""""non-supported device""""""" (with a standard bluetooth stack behind!!)

I gave you my trust and therefore my money, i buyed myself a Charge 2. Now I deserve some tech explanations.

I want to know if there are any hopes or not. Is that simple?

Can this community know the state of works/investigations about this issue?

Thanks.

Dave.

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

Well it's now march 2019 and my charge 2 still will not sync with my P20 pro. I've spent ages following various (long winded) advice and still nothing. Yet it has no problem with my 4 year old iPhone .

Fed up!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MandyVC and @czandor.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@MandyVC Did you get the chance to try the steps recommended by @czandor? I'd also like to ask if the situation has persisted since your post or if you have got it to sync again.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Many thanks man and to your wife to motivate you to provide this!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Rmutetwa.

Glad to read that the steps you found in here have helped you out.

Hope that everything continues working correctly. If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you kidding me?! Taking credit for someone else’s work is a new low. Especially as it involves an external app that WE HAD TO PAY EXTRA FOR because Fitbit have been so utterly useless around this issue. Wow.

Ben
Best Answer

yap I bought a new phone which is a Huawei and it doesn't recognize Fitbit at all.

Can Fitbit help do the fit? I've tired that external app, not working...it is not letting me use my clock faces.

Actually Fitbit wasn't even pairing well with my previous Samsung (doesn't syn half of the time). Maybe some kind of issues with the Versa connection? Could you help check?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Brighter.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Let me help you figure out what is going on.

I'd like to ask what phone is it that you are using? Also, do you get some sort of error message when you try to sync your Fitbit on it? If so, what does it say?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's clear now, after months of useless hope.

Fitbit 

1) it's not able to fix this issues

2) don't want to mess with this

Who knows?

We send rovers to mars but can't fix sync issues between mainstream consumer devices.

Amazing.

Best Answer

I have had same problem with Huawei p 9 lite will not sync either contacted fitbit they can not fix problem.

Best Answer

Thanks, Lanuza.

It's a Huawei Nova 4. There's no error message, it just didn't sync.

I have downloaded the homemade app fix mentioned here and followed the instruction to uncheck "all-day sync", now it sometimes works (and sometimes doesn't).

One more note, I also cannot sync Fitbit with Strava, so I need to always bring my phone and open up Strava separately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brighter.

Thanks for your prompt reply and for sharing those details.

In this, given that the phone is not part of the supported devices list, we are not able to guarantee the functionality with your Fitbit. Glad to read that the app mentioned in here did help somewhat.

As for Strava, what information are you trying to sync? Could you elaborate a bit more on that situation? What do you mean that you cannot sync with Strava? Are you trying to sync your Fitbit device directly to Strava via their app?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, Lanuza. Ya I figured, the fact that it is an android phone with bluetooth doesn't necessarily mean that it is compatible with Fitbit...Is there a way of making Fitbit more universally compatible with different android versions or different phones?

As for Strava, I heard Fitbit can auto-transfer my runs to Strava, but so far it has not been happening...I have logged in both from inside Fitbit to Strava and from inside Strava to Fitibt, but neither seemed to do it.
Cheers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brighter.

Thanks for reaching back with those questions.

As for the phone itself, perhaps you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote the idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

As for the situation with Strava, I'll be happy to clarify. Activities from Strava should be synced over to Fitbit as if they were manually logged activities so GPS and HR data will not sync over. Only activities with GPS will sync over to Strav, activities logged with no GPS won't pass over.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue, 

Purchased a fitbit versa se last weeek, post purchase I find out its not syncing with Huawei P30. Tried to return the device and they said, the it could not be returned. 

Paid R 5000.00 

Sold it for R 2000.00 after a week. 

Who do we blame??

Fitbit or Huawei??  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Shane054.

Thanks for taking the time to share those details and your experience.

In this case, please keep in mind that Fitbit does not have any say on what any retailers' policies. If you have questions about our own Returns and Warranty policy you can click here to read more about it. 

As for your Fitbit not syncing with the phone, some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit charge hr and it just won't pair with my phone 'Huawei Y9' 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just try my app, it has helped for many people.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.czandor.fitbitsyncfix

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this hasn't been updated in a while. I purchased a Huawei Porsche design mate rs last year and had to get rid of ionic and I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 which also wouldn't sync so as annoying as it is it does seem more of a Huawei problem than Fitbit and trust me I'm not one to defend Fitbit their customer service was poor and unhelpful. My daughter has an ionic with her Huawei phone which had sync issues but I flashed a custom ROM on her phone and now there's no problems at all so it's clearly a Huawei software issue and nothing to do with hardware. I installed Lineage OS 15.1 and Bluetooth sync perfect including SMS calls and other notifications. I've just got a pixel 3 XL so I've ordered another ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has worked for me, thank you so much 

Best Answer
0 Votes