Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Sync issues - the truth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once more,

i see FitBit forum operators hiding behind their  "device compatibility list"

The story so far:

I've got 2 phones with me.

An old Samsung S3, capable of syncing via bluetooth with my Charge 2

A shiny, brand new Mate 10 Lite from Huawei, who PAIRS with EVERY device BUT my FitBit Charge 2.

Before, I had a Honor 7 (still from Huawei) and i did had severe sync issues. 

I had Honor when i bought myself the Fitbit device. I clearly remember i was UNABLE to download the firmware for the first usage. Luckily, i had an old samsung tablet. It served me well to push that firmware inside the Charge 2 and start using it.

With Honor 7, the sync wasn't perfect. The app synced 1/3 of the times and of course there were no other features working (like sms, incoming calls, notifications... )

Now the Huwaei Mate 10 Lite. No bluetooth pairing. This phone does not see the device. It simply do not get listed in, therefore no pair, no sync. no nothing, John Snow.

Of course the Mate 10 Lite DO SEE other devices, so i'm pretty sure the bluetooth is working. In every device i have.

Huwaei has a HUGE market slice in mobile appliances, they sell cell phone to the masses, and still, there are severe sync issues with those phones and our fitbit (a Charge 2 in my case)

Seriously, this is SICK for me, but even more for you. You are unable to sell a working device to at least 20% ppl having a so-called """""""""non-supported device""""""" (with a standard bluetooth stack behind!!)

I gave you my trust and therefore my money, i buyed myself a Charge 2. Now I deserve some tech explanations.

I want to know if there are any hopes or not. Is that simple?

Can this community know the state of works/investigations about this issue?

Thanks.

Dave.

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

Well this thread seems to be running an running and though I appreciate the mods coming on to reply its clear they have just been given standard replies to post and nothing new sadly (not your fault mods BTW)

My charge 2 doesn't sync not because it is hit and miss but because it is not even showing up at all as a Bluetooth device on my Honor 10 phone. Although a workaround is somewhat doable it's a bit of a pain in the **ahem** and requires you to have another device through which to sync it.....  Really that's not a solution more a plaster over what is becoming a bigger and bigger wound. 

HUAWEI are taking a bigger and bigger market share of the mobile phones business and  the majority of people only have one mobile phone not 2 in order to sych. Some people only have a mobile and not a separate computer these days leaving those with no way for them to sych at all.

As I said the mods input though trying to defuse the situation isn't as its just repeating the same plaster work round which just gets more annoying as it seems fit it are not even bothering looking into this in order to actually provide a real long term fix. Forcing people to use a multi device work round in this day and age when people demand instant easily accessible information at their fingertips will ultimately just annoy otherwise loyal customers and send them to other brands.

Can we at least get a hard and fast answer as to if fitbit are even going to try and fix these issues?? Preferably with an approximate timescale. Communication is king if they want to retain their customer base.

Once again I want to reiterate its not the mods fault (been there done that and its a thankless job especially when you are being told to constantly reply without being able to actually give useful new info that will fix the issue). Just think some genuine answer as to if this is even being taken seriously may help belay the growing bed feelings and frustrations here more than reposting the standard reply. 

Best Answer

I've given up with fitbit now, got a Huawei watch 2, 100 times better, perfect sync and superb GPS, sorry fitbit but you need to try harder  

Best Answer

Hello @calamityclamuk and @Gemgenie.

I understand that this must be very frustrating.

In regards to a specific time frame or ETA, there is nothing we can share that the time. If we have any details of a phone being added to the list we will share them with everybody but at this moment there is nothing to announce.

Thanks for your feedback.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have recently purchased a Fitbit charge 3, I am having problems with it syncing to my iPad Air 2 , I have to reboot the charge 3 every time I want to update the IPad. I also have an Honer9 phone and it syncs perfectly with this all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just updated my phone to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. I'm having the same problems. Can't sync to the new phone. Not even sure if they have updated the app to Pie (Android 9).

I'm still synced on my old Sony XZ which works fine.

Very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Keven555 and @GailLK76.

Thanks for sharing those details and letting me know that it is working with other devices. Allow me to help you out.

It is possible that your Fitbits, on both cases, have bonded to the device to which they sync properly to. For simplicity's sake let's call them device A, for the one that won't sync, and device B, for the one that does. My suggestion would be to try turning the Bluetooth off on device B and then trying to sync with A. That should do the trick as the bonded device (B) will not be found by the Fitbit to prevent the connection to device A.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
This was very helpful, and rectified the problem. Thanks, keven555

Sent using the free mail.com iPad App
Best Answer

Agreed. Other smartwatches are able to sync with other bluetooth enabled devices but for some reason for fitbit this is not the case. It just doesn't make sense.

Best Answer

I have a Huawei p20 pro. So soso disappointed that the versa does not work with  my versa the phone finds every other bluetooth device except the versa. 

When will Fitbit work with Huawei? It is getting ridiculous now.  I read that the phone iIhave is compatible but that's clearly not the case.   If it's not fixed I am going to have to leave Fitbit if it not fixed soon as there is no point. I will also expect a refund as when I bought the phone it was said to be compatible. 

Best Answer

I would like to confirm, that my Charge 3 (special edition) is compatible with Huawei 10 lite. I have operating system Oreo, specifically 8.0.0.382. Hopefully this information will be useful for somebody. I was quite a nervous before Xmas, but everything is synchronized perfectly without any problems .

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mate 10 lite is reading Versa well , but only for a couple off hours and has severe connectivity issues regarding continuous syncing , So fitbit really needs to explain their selves and their products to us.

Please note Versa also has much trouble with Huawie mate 10 lite 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

I'd like to apologize for the delay in my response.

I'd like to recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. While you might have already tried some of the steps, please try going through all of the steps listed in the order that they show up.

Let me know if how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m delighted to say that I tried to connect my phone and Fitbit randomly one day in November, and suddenly it all worked and has remained so. 

Best Answer

From my perspective this point to mobile phone operating system itself. Because my charge 3 is working from the first day and until now without any trouble and I have Huawei  P10 Lite with Oreo 8.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same issue! Huawei is huge, and struggling super hard with syncing. Worse now, our medical aid reward programs are linked to our app, so we get points for excersise, and then monetary rewards. So I can't use old phones just to sync my stupid fitbit. Makes me so mad that no resolution has been found yet. And fitbit was not cheap! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any details available on what exactly is the problem with Huawei bluetooth stack on "Lite" phones? I have an Honor 7X and it was extremely hard (tried probably 200 times) to link my Charge 2. And every now and then it fails to sync with the phone (red exclamation mark next to all day sync option).

Almost returned the device thinking it had a hardware problem and then stumbled into this thread. If a solution is expected in near future keeping the device might be a better option for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @rexian. Hello @Marabaluva@Lenka327 and @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response. 

@SunsetRunner Glad to read that it seems to be working correctly for you.

As it has been mentioned before, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

@rexian In this particular case it is related to the Bluetooth on the phone that causes the Fitbit devices to not work with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Huawei Sync issues - MY FIX

So this wasn't ideal but it works. It took forever to sync and update but after removing the charge 3 from my account in all areas I pulled up my laptop and downloaded the fitbit app from the Microsoft store. Added my charger to my profile there and after a while, it synced to my computer. Then after refreshing my phone, it appears up to date there as well. I've been out for a month with it not syncing to anything but once I got it to reset using my computer it seemed to finally work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

As it has been mentioned before, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account.

As suggested, I use my computer to sync. I find that when I sync to the computer, I lose steps that were counted on the Fitbit.

I already googled the problem and found that most people who lose steps are manually logging steps. I do not manually log activities or steps. I've found that since I've started running that I lose steps when I sync. I'm using a bluetooth dongle, Windows 10, and Charge 2.

You will see that I lost nearly 1K steps on sync. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there any remedy?

In my case, the Fitbit will not sync to the phone AND I lose steps when I sync to the PC. Please provide some real support and not a boxed answer.IMG_20190220_085624_resized_20190220_085728674.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @hmrambling.

Thanks for letting me know about that and sharing the picture.

Let's try to log out from your account in your computer and then log back in. That should do the trick to get everything to display correctly since it will force all data to be downloaded from the servers once again.

Best Answer
0 Votes