Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-App notifications error: "Notifications could not load"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Message saying could not load notifications keeps appearing on my Android app... on Fitbit ..any idea why?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

@FoneFreek wrote:

I also have the same problem for some time now. I don't receive any notifications from my phone to the Blaze. I have installed on 2 different phones same problem!! I logged out and cleared data and cache etc. Still not working. I located app notifications in android system settings and allowed fitbit for sms and phone still not working... This has been going on way to long for Fitbit to not have fixed it by now!!! 

no, you do NOT have the same problem as this topic is NOT about notification issues between the phone and smartwatch but ONLY about missing notifications inside the app. Please take your time to read the initial post a bit more carefully.

Best Answer

Yes I DO have the same problem!! When using the Fitbit App on a number of different android phones The notification tab in the App is blank and I get the "Could not load notifications" error. I think this directly related to why I am not receiving notifications to my watch as well. I have been searching for quite some time for this particular problem so I was very carefully reading each post. When I wrote "I also have the same problem" I should have then written "I have the same problem as this post but also" my apologies for that but I thank you to not be so rude next time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Xenoide,

I saw your post and out of curiosity had a look at my notification screen and guess what, I have the same problem. Thing is I don't use the notifications so I shouldn't have anything to not load.

I think it must be a fairly recent thing as I haven't seen this before. Do you think it arrived with the last update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilbiddy wrote: Do you think it arrived with the last update? 

Hi Lilbiddy,

no it was already there three or four updates before, I do not remember earlier updates as I did not check this feature then.

But definitely not something recent, it is there for quite a while. Might as well be something with the account itself, hard to tell without an idea how this function is implemented inside the app.

Best Answer

I gave up. I returned my Versa this morning, woke up my Charge 2 and it's working like a charm. I'm sorry that the Versa just wasn't ready for prime time 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also facing the same issue and have done since I bought my versa three weeks ago. I have tried force stop on the app and re-installing the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there Android friends, my apologies for not posting anything lately. Rest assured I haven't forget this issue. I was reading you are still having troubles with in-app notifications.

I want to clarify this issue is not related with notifications that are being received in your Fitbit trackers as it was kindly explained by @Xenoide, here in this post. This is only for push notifications through the Fitbit app.

If the issue continue for some of you and you haven't try any steps on your own, feel free to try the steps of my previous post.

If this is not addressing the issue, feel free to share some screenshots. I've been trying to replicate this on my own and I haven't been able to obtained the same results, so it would be helpful to have a closer look. If you need help uploading screenshots, this post will served as a reference.

See you later and keep me posted of anything new.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_2018-06-07-23-06-37.png

Best Answer

My Fitbit app has not been receiving any notifications for awhile. Does anyone know why? I still receive messages and friend requests but no notifications. 

Update:

It says “could not load notifications”

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope they fix this soon. It was working before.

Update:

Anything Fitbit? I would like to receive my notifications in my app...

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit - Alta- has not received notifications from my phone for the last couple days. I have galaxy s7 phone.  I have restarted Fitbit & phone & checked all notification settings.  I can not find a reason why notifications aren't coming thru. I've had my Fitbit a couple years.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here..have tried everything everyone else has mentioned, no joy.  I have an iPad 2 with the app installed and notifications and messages appear just fine, so at the moment this appears to be an Android issue.  It was working fine about a month ago.  Apparently I am using Android 6 if that helps narrow things down.  Fitbit developers....this is very frustrating.

Best Answer

I have a S7 edge. I wonder if anyone from Fitbit will acknowledge this. I’ve restarted my phone also and cleared out cache and memory. I’m afraid to unistall and reinstall my app in case my versa may not work the same. But I was receiving notifications before but not lately. Keeps saying “could not load notifications.”

Update:

I’m still not getting notifications on my Fitbit app. Why is this happening? It use to and now it can’t. Would like to know why and if I’m missing all notifications thus far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rowlf914 wrote:

Apparently I am using Android 6 if that helps narrow things down.  Fitbit developers....this is very frustrating.

I also have Android 6.0.1 (as noted in my initial post). Probably something to look into, if more people with Android Marshmallow have this issue...

Best Answer

Hi @RobertoME,

I'm having the exact same issue but with my versa. I have done what you've suggested above and unfortunately it hasn't worked. The app icon on my home page shows 13 notifications but in the app notifications it is still saying "could not load notifications". Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer

Hi there everyone and  welcome aboard to the new faces like @LaceDigs@rowlf914 and @Magicstar. Thank you all for the additional details and for keep reporting this issue.

@Magicstar thank you for the screenshot of the error that is affecting the in-app notifications. This will allow me to have a closer look of the issue @Xenoide initially reported here.

In the meantime, i wanted to communicate with you, that we have started to roll out a new version for the Fitbit app in Android. At the moment it is possible many of you still are not able to see this update, but as the days goes this version will be available to all of you; so is just matter to review later if is not yet available in the Google Play store. For more details please refer to this post: Android app version 2.73 is now available - 6/11.

Feel free to report any changes once the update is installed. There is not an specific fix in this version, just to clarify but it will help to know if the app behavior change in any way. I'll make sure to pass forward this information to our teams.

I will be visiting this thread for any new development.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Magicstar wrote:

Screenshot_2018-06-07-23-06-37.png

@RobertoME this is the same issue mine has and has had for weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still use my old charge 2 HR and have to tell you that it's happening in the app with that as well. I have 4 notifications showing in the app and just started getting the can't load messages when I try to check them today. Frustrating.

Update:

Hate to tell you this but unfortunately it just started happening to me today and I still use my old charge 2 HR. Smiley Sad

I have 4 notifications in the app and can't load them or get rid of the app notifications number.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning I have had that issue and sometimes still do. I have the ionic what I have found is that for some reason, notifications that were once viewed still appear. I go to notifications and scroll all through them. I tend to find some with older dates appear as if I haven't viewed them. This causes mine to show notifications. Hope this works for you if anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes