Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-App notifications error: "Notifications could not load"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Message saying could not load notifications keeps appearing on my Android app... on Fitbit ..any idea why?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Hello there @Aguilera, nice to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering if the issue you are experiencing is in relation to the text / call notifications or in app push notifications?

On that note, if this is related to the app, make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. For more details please refer to this post.

Now if you are having this issue with incoming text and call notifications, I would like to recommend the following instructions: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app). If the issue continues, please feel free to share with me a screenshot of this error. If you need help to upload picture to our Community this post will serve you as a reference.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

First of all, this is NOT related to any problem sending notifications to my tracker (Ionic) but instead referring to the "Notifications" screen in the app itself.

Phone: Nexus 7 (2013) [flo]

Fitbit App version: 2.72.1

Bug description:

When tapping on the "Notifications" button in the lower part of the app, the notifications screen opens but remains fully blank, in the bottom an error message appears stating "could not load notifications".

I assume, the app is either not able to contact the fitbit server due to wrong hardcoded link or it has an internal problem with the notifications storage.

Whatsoever, this problem is fully related to the app and not a bug in the communication with the tracker. Deleting the app and reinstalling it from scratch will not fix the bug.

Furthermore, the tracker is receiving notifications from the phone itself without issues, so it is only a problem of the notifications screen in the app, as already said.

Please fix this bug in a future version of the app.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer

I see a "1" on the fitbit app icon however when I go into notifications I receive a message that says "could not load notifications ". I am reading a lot of comments from other versa users with galaxy samsung 8 experiencing same issue. I have restarted, cleared cache, turned notifications on and off and same issue.  It sounds like a bug however please advise. 

Best Answer

I have the alta hr, but also a galaxy s8 and am receiving the same message in my Fitbit app "could not load notifications". I no longer receive text or call notifications on my fitbit. Any solution yet?

Best Answer

Hello sorry just seen your message not sure about the versa. If I can remember I actually uninstalled the fitbit app and re-installed it again. The only thing on mine it won't give me my text notification on my watch. Hope this works if u have not solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app ? And yes I too wasn't getting the notification on my fitbit. I do now but it just won't alert me that I did not even calls.... hope this helps you.

Best Answer

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Still says "could not load notifications" and still not receiving text or call notifications on my fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi @Xenoide, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and thank you for the detailed information you have provided regarding the issue you are experiencing with in-app notifications not loading.

If the issue persists, even with the most recent version. I'm wondering if you have tried to reset the app. In case you haven't please give it a try to this instructions:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and stay tuned if you see any new eventuality in the Fitbit app.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

yes the problem persists, also if deleting the app completely from the phone (which also deletes all stored data from the app on the phone and installing it new). The problem even is persisting if the app is installed on another phone.

My guess, either a bug in the app or a bug in the fitibit account linked with the app.

Please note that this problem affects more people, not only me!

Best Answer

I'm having same problem . Tried uninstalling the app, clearing cache and turning phone off.  No luck. Any new ideas!

Best Answer

I had to enable notifications on my tracker (even though I had already enabled them thru the app).

I have an Ionic.  To enable notifications, I held down the button on the left side (which I normally use to wakeup the screen), it buzzed twice, and pulled up a menu with the options to "Screen Wake" and "Notifications".  If you tap the notifications, then it should turn from "Off" to "On".

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.

I have notifications on my home screen, but the notifications screen states " Could not load notifications"

I am getting texts and phone calls though.

Charge 2

Samsung Galaxy Note 8: OREO (Android 8.0.0)

Best Answer

My best friend gave me a Blaze Saturday and it has had problems from moment one. It won't load notifications, it wont track sleep, it is missing a large portion of steps and the HR keeps stopping. I have unpaired and reset up. I have rebooted the device. Nothing fixes it. Saturday we spent the whole day being told the battery was too weak to setup the Blaze. It charges for over 12 hours and nothing. Somehow my friend triggered  a firmware update and suddenly we could set up. All these problems remain today including "could not load notifications" in the app screen.

Did a lot of research and it appears a large number of Blaze users have this problem as well. Of note, my friend has a blaze and it has worked perfect for her. That is why she chose the blaze for me. She had no idea how poor they functioned or she would have gotten the versa.

I cant add friends, cant load notifications, cant track sleep, the heart rate is all wrong, and it misses about 30% of my steps. I have only had it not even a week. This is frustrating for a 200 dollar device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem, plus intermittent sync problems. I have tried deleting and repairing the Versa, uninstalling the app, all to no avail.

Best Answer

I just chatted with Fitbit this morning. It's a known issue, and no resolution yet. They opened a ticket for me, but I am considering returning my Versa and going back to my Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fixed for me as of this morning!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for update. I love the versa but I do find this bug annoying. I hope
they fix it soon.
Best Answer

How?

@stevekoza wrote:
Fixed for me as of this morning!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem for some time now. I don't receive any notifications from my phone to the Blaze. I have installed on 2 different phones same problem!! I logged out and cleared data and cache etc. Still not working. I located app notifications in android system settings and allowed fitbit for sms and phone still not working... This has been going on way to long for Fitbit to not have fixed it by now!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes