Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please, please, Please update so the Charge 2 will sync to my LG G5. This is very disappointing to have spent so much on a fitbit upgrade that doesn't keep up with android upgrades 😡

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

I have been having no problems since I removed the app and then installed it again. I have a Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working. I am receiving text alerts as well.

I have the FitBit Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am quite sure you can only receive notifications from the factory installed text message app (not WhatsApp)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall your Fitbit app and install it again.

That worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My kids forgot to check the compatibility list before buying and I did not think to either... I would advise anyone to check the small print before buying from Fitbit.  It's been a complete disappointment. FAIL

Best Answer

I have the same issue as many others have here of the Fitbit not syncing to my LG G5 and am quite disappointed as you can tell if you read my previous post. I tried pretty much everything, including all the procedures described in this thread, as well as contacting the tech support, which did not help at all. 

I was able to get my Fitbit Flex2 to sync with my LG G5 just *once* and if anyone is interested here's how. First, I installed the Fitbit app and set up my Flex2 on my wife's smartphone (Asus Zenphone 2), where BTW it sync flawlessly. Then, I issued a sync request by hitting 'sync now' in the Fitbit app both on the Asus and on my LG G5 at the same time (precisely, I issued the sync request on the Zenphone first and on my LG G5 after 3-4 seconds, while the Zephone was still syncing). For some unknown reason, using this procedure my Flex2 DID sync on the LG G5 (and on the Zenphone as usual). After this initial sync, the Flex2 did NOT sync to my LG G5 unless I repeated the entire two-smartphone procedure (in which case it worked again and again). Clearly this is not a viable solution. I hope it helps the developers to find out what the problem is with the G5 in order to fix it properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not a solution, it is an excuse.  How could not have a real solution for a popular device that has been out over a year?

Best Answer

How has this issue been solved. The last LG device to be compatible was the G2. We are now into the G6 era. 

Tell me how it has been solved. My solution is marginal at best as it is temperamental.

Best Answer

Sucks... Everything worked just great until you all updated your system.. please keep in mind this is a million dollar industry  and you would think that you could get it together.. 

I have updated my phone's 3 5tomez in the time have I need my fitbit.. never an issue.. till now!! I am working 3 jobs and would love to know how far I move.. 

Now the mess has list my greatest accomplishments and all if my badges..

Sucks

Best Answer

Well lucky you. I have removed and reinstalled several times G5 on EE or my sons G5 on Virgin - both are pretty much useless. I'm very disappointed in fitbit charge 2 with this phone. NOT SOLVED IN MY OPINION

Best Answer

Any ideas as to when this might be happening?  The phone has been out for over a year... I agree, it's very disappointing that the person who received this as a gift cannot use it. 

Best Answer

It has now started working and hey it feels like Christmas.  Six months of repeated failure and now it's quite exciting to use the device...  I think Fitbit handled this issue poorly and it was poor practice to mark this problem as solved.  I will not ever forget that you did not help customers.  It was not reasonable to mark it as having an accepted solution.

Best Answer

I posted recently that mine was working. Well, mine is working but intermittently

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you do anything in particular to make it work? My Fitbit is sitting in its box, but after reading your post I thought it's time to give it another try and see if it now works with my LG G5. Thanks for the heads-up!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is hit or miss
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the options listed.  My fitbit used to work with my LGG5 - I would receive calendar reminders, text messages notifications and call notifications with no issue, but recently it has stopped working.  I'm really disappointed since this was the biggest factor why I purchased this Fitbit.  I'm considering returning it to the store since everything I have tried to rectify the problem hasn't resolved it.  PLEASE FIX THIS since it used to work perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working again in early July and has been working just fine since then (after several months of not working). But yesterday, after it last synced at 5.57pm, it stopped working again. Nothing unusual happened and I have no idea of why it stopped working. Tried uninstall and reinstall the app, but nothing. I just can't get it to sync anymore. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, I just got a fitbit charge 2, and unfortunately I also have a LG G5.  How do I sync it to my computer, since I can't sync it to my phone?  help, please

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up changing smartphone 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to link to my phone. I just kept trying and trying and trying
this and trying that. It worked eventually, but unfortunately I have no
idea how.
Best Answer
0 Votes