Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please, please, Please update so the Charge 2 will sync to my LG G5. This is very disappointing to have spent so much on a fitbit upgrade that doesn't keep up with android upgrades 😡

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

What about compatibility of the LG G6? Any similar issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my LG G5 and Fitbit Blaze. Sometime it connects, and lots of times it doesn't. I bought this thing to run and am seriously irritated every time I try to use it. 

I'm even more irritated that this thread is marked as "solved" because a moderator suggested connecting to a computer -- obviously that is not the solution people are looking for here. 

I have emailed, tweeted and called FitBit and get the same canned response -- that I should use a supported device (insert link to list). Thanks for suggesting I buy a new smartphone, super helpful. 

Best Answer

Erik, 

You recommended giving the setup flow a try.  I have an LG G5 and did try it.  My device is not on it.  I am highly disappointed as this was the whole reason I went with this model.  I could have gone with others that would have worked with it.  What is your solution?  It is not like they quit making the LG G phone they just keep updating it.  

Let me know what you find out.

Erin

Best Answer

Super irritated that my Charge 2 stopped syncing on my LGG5 last month. I did all the troubleshooting, finally getting to the "remove device and re-pair". I removed it from my Bluetooth connections and tried to pair the Charge 2 back with my phone. It would not find it. Tried various things (removing all other  Bluetooth devices from the room, un-syncing all other devices, deep breathing exercises to calm myself before both phone & fitbit were thrown against a wall.....). I finally did an Internet search and found this forum. WHY is the LGG5 not supported? Why did it work great for a year then stop suddenly? HOW can I get my Charge2 to reconnect to my LGG5? And NO, connecting my FitBit to my computer IS NOT a viable solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Jogger!

So, stupid question, have you tried rebooting the charge 2?  You can do that by putting it on the charger then turning it off and the back on again.

I hope this helps!

WL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm saddened that my purchase of the Ionic is sadly worthless for controlling basic apps like Pandora on my LG G5 as your now defunct competitor Basis & their device the "Peak" supported pretty much every phone on earth with controls for phone calls, Pandora, music apps etc. This was almost 4 years ago could we please add support for this device device? I'm now going to encourage everyone who asks about smart watches/Fitness trackers to go with other companies until you add support for more devices. 

Thanks,

-SinSharks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and thoughts on the matter. While at this moment we do not have nay news on the matter, we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we do.

Remember that as long as your phone fulfills the minimum requirements of running Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0 there is a possibility that it will sync. You can also try to follow these steps that other users of phones not on the list have mentioned that work in helping the phones sync.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi! I also could not get my phone to send notifications to my phone. I tried all the recommended trouble shooting. None of it work However once I changed my Quick Replies from the defaults to custom responses it magically started working. I just wanted to share incase it can help anyone else.

Best Answer