Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please, please, Please update so the Charge 2 will sync to my LG G5. This is very disappointing to have spent so much on a fitbit upgrade that doesn't keep up with android upgrades 😡

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Hello my friends, @Akm1983@svavra! Thank you for being part of this awesome Community! Cat Happy Are you still not receiving your goal notifications?

The option "Enable Notification Wizzard"  should be under Call and Text Notifications. If you don't see it there please provide me with screenshots of what you see and also of your goal's tile where you input your numbers for the goals. This way I can further investigate.

Let me know! 🙂

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Do any of your products work with an LG G5? I don't want to spend money on a product that will not sync to my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chrisa8! Thanks for joining the Forums.

At this moment the LG G5 is not a part of our supported devices list. However we're constantly updating this list and adding more devices. 

If you're interested in getting a Fitbit, you could also use it with a computer to the same effect as with a mobile device.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have the fitbit blaze and am very disappointed to find that it will not receive notifications from my LG G5!! I don't want to return my fibit and switch to a different tracker, but I guess I will have too!! Please update asap!

Best Answer

The Blaze syncs with my G5.

On the watch, under settings, I have set the Bluetooth classic to on and it works most of the time 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @sandyedwards and @RPNnurse!

@sandyedwards perhaps you could try @RPNnurse suggestion. While the G5 is not in the supported devices, there is a possibility that it could sync from time to time. However we cannot guarantee that it will.

@RPNnurse, thanks for that suggestion!

If you have any question, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Blaze is not syncing with my LG G5 phone all of a sudden for first time since December. Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BrandyRosene! Thanks for joining the Community.

The LG G5 is not currently one of our supported devices. Because of this we cannot guarantee that it will work 100% of the time. Having said that, you could use a computer or a compatible device to get it to sync.

To use a computer, you have to download and  install the Fitbit Connect software and follow the instructions that show on the screen.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

When will it be available with the LG G5?? I REALLY want it to be back on my phone. I don't understand why it worked and now all of a sudden he doesn't. I'm so upset... If it will be too long I'm going to return the Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really very disappointing. The LG G5 is not supported!  We have two Charge 2's in the family and use LG G5s. After going for a walk distance measured differs wildly. Sync works sometimes, but it's cranky. It's it a problem with the G5? Other Bluetooth devices function correctly? Starting to get cranky myself about this now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a shame that top devices produced by major brands are not supported. After I upgraded my phone to the LG G5 my fitbit has become nothing more than a useless bracelet. Fitbit (the company) should do much more than saying "your device is not in the supported device list". Imagine Facebook saying that their app won't work on your phone because your phone is not in the list of supported devices. Fitbit is just not ready for the market. It's an amateur-made product in need of appropriate development. Again, shame that it's being marketed and sold at this early maturity stage.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's bad eh, keep hearing this line from Fitbit Moderators that new devices are constantly being addeed to compatible list but I just dont see it.

The list is static,if not provide us with phones added this month?

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
I can't remember how I fixed the problem. But I do have it working now. I
will try to remember. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the app
multiple times.
I receive text updates now as well.
I will try to remember what I did and get back to you.
Best Answer
I totally agree we got Fitbit Charge2 for Christmas and it's really not fit
for purpose with r LG G5s.
Best Answer

Did you do anything special to get it to sync? I just got my LG G5 today and cannot get my Charge HR to sync to it at all! I'm super disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks RPNnurse, I successfully synced my Blaze just as you suggested.  I can control my music and I'm getting notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Opulentone , that is great.

Best Answer

There is a firmware update (did not work with LG G5 or Nexus5) which appears to be almost working using a Kindle Fire... but no it didn't. But hey you can keep clicking "Try Again" if you like.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fit bit orginal, I have an LGG5 phone i have had the fitbit for 2.5 years.  No issues. 

Friday after working a double... I had 9 steps.. nothing on Saturday or Sunday..My phone show the calories and everything else. But now I have no sync. NONE and have been informed that after 9 months of everything with the LG g5 and my fit bit  .. NOt compatible.. out of the blue.. NOW I am blue in the face and angry cuz no one can help.. Then I was told to sync to my ipad... Not compatible there either.. 

Help..

Incompatible.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- The LG G5 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer