Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I got new LG G6 phones yesterday.  Today I could not sync my Flex 2 and contact Fitbit Customer Service.  They advised the LG G6 is not supported.  My husband and I both use Fitbit trackers and would really love it if this device was supported.  Thank you!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone -- The LG G6 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

I pre-ordered the Samsung S8+ which I will pick up next week (4/21/17). I'm sure I'm not only fitbit fan that will be upgrading devices like mattie818 and her husband. There are a lot of new 2017 Android smartphones out there now. How fast can our devices be added to the compatibility list? Last summer, when I got my Samsung Note7, it was disappointing to see that two months later (Oct 2016) not only was my Note7 not a compatible device, neither were the Samsung S7/Edge, and those devices were released 3 or 4 months earlier than the Note7. Hopefully all the new 2017 Android smartphones will be added to the compatible device list sooner (within a month of release date, if that's not too much to ask) than later.

Best Answer
The LG G phone comparability stops at 3 or so. If they are intending on
adding the LG G phones to the compatibility list they are way behind.

Please, please, please Fitbit start working on compatibility on the new
phones. Thank you!
Best Answer

My Fitbit works on my husband's S8. Not on my G6, though. It's disappointing because I just bought the Fitbit Charge 2.

Best Answer

And please let it include the fitbit HR as well   thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have to say that shortly after I posted a reply on this, my Fitbit Charge 2 started working just fine. Sooooooooo...... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you  for your reply and on Sunday I got a buzz on my device and looked and sure it was compatible with my LG G6!!!  YAYYY!!
Best Answer

Same here! Not on the list for compatible devices! Please add

Best Answer

Please add charge 2 to LG g6

Best Answer

so your charge 2 already working with your lg g6?

Best Answer
No it does not work
Best Answer

@Kerbear12 wrote:

Same here! Not on the list for compatible devices! Please add

Keep dreaming.. They haven't even added the LG G4 yet. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

It's working just fine. 

@aomwam wrote:

so your charge 2 already working with your lg g6?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- The LG G6 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks! Mine is working fine. Just a hiccup at the beginning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yours is charge 2 right? Mine is surge but I'll just replace it with charge 2 so I dont have problem with my g6 at least I know yours is working fine with your g6.....thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've​ painstakingly gone through the Android phones available from a major UK retailer. There are 58 phones on the list and only the Samsung S6 and S7 were on the compatible devices list. My problems arose when I bought a Huawei P9 Lite in February, I keep being told that the engineers are working hard but the list is never updated. My phone model has been available for over a year and I have been told by Fitbit that it has all the necessary hardware.

The senior management team need to listen to their customers and get some engineer​s to do something rather than leaving it to community moderators on this forum and social media to trot out precisely the same old response time and time again. 

Best Answer

How is this (or any other phone's) compatibility problem be considered solved by giving out the same response over and over again when it simply doesn't work. We need firmware updates urgently so that those of us who've paid Fitbit lots of money are not left with a useless bit of plastic as soon as we upgrade our phones!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Thanks! Mine is working fine. Just a hiccup at the beginning. 

You're missing the point, if it is just working then Fitbit should be able to test and confirm this as the case and add it to their compatibility list. 

I have an LG G4 which is also working ok; yet not on the list.

They aren't doing themselves any favours, Garmin's list of supported/tested devices is extensive compared to Fitbit. They are being left behind. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
my LG G6 may not be on the list of compatible devices but my Fitbit now works very well, I get my notifications, txt msg, my sleep tracker works...I was just watching tv last Sunday when all of a sudden I felt a buzz and ever since then it works
Best Answer