Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live heart rate data not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having an issue with the HR panel in the app. For weeks now it has not been showing my "live" HR. Only shows my resting HR. The Fitbit itself is showing a heart rate so I know it's recording it and if I tap on the panel in the app it shows my HR throughout the day so it appears to be syncing. It's just not showing "live" which is annoying. Worked in the past. The step counter updates 'live' as I walk so it seems like communication is happening. As far as troubleshooting goes, I've done the following:

Turn off/on Bluetooth on phone

Force stop and restart the app

Remove the HR panel from the app and add back in

Restart phone

Reset Fitbit using the button on the charging cable

Updated to current version of app (3.7)

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Also uninstalled and resintalled the phone app. No luck. heart rate for exercises started on the phone app not synchronizing 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also uninstalled and reinstalled the phone app. No luck. heart rate for exercises started on the phone app not synchronizing 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lately My heart rate is not syncing with exercise that are started on the phone app. Why is this? Reported this matter to FitbitSupport on 24 Aug on Twitter. Have tried a few tricks suggested by them but did not work. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing and or has a resolution and when it will be resolved

Also uninstalled and reinstalled the phone app. No luck. heart rate for exercises started on the phone app not synchronizing 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @WilsonB 

I removed your above post (originally in Fitbit Dashboard) to this thread where you have the same question being addressed here. I moved your post to avoid Forum confusion and to make assisting you easier. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you moving the post. How far are you ftom resolving this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to have heart rate real time on my mobile screen while walking. I struggle to read the rate on the watch and used to be able to view in the daily readout on my charge hr. When I go to the options screen I can see it but it only shows on the manage today items and not the today activity items thus not being able to see it real.time as can steps, floors etc. Hope that makes sense lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sunter18, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? To view live heart rate data on your Fitbit account please make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. Also, please go to your Fitbit.com account, click on the Charge HR icon and at the bottom of the page you will find the Live Data tile, please make sure that it's enabled. 

Since you're using an Android device, keep in mind that you'll only see heart rate data if you have call, text, or calendar notifications enabled. For more information and details you can check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MegaBite 

Any news on this issue? it's been a while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate information from yesterday isn't showing in the app. I had my Fitbit on all day and I've restarted and synced it.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 is otherwise syncing to the Android app as usual, but none of my heart rate data has updated since Saturday. I can see on the Charge unit itself that it is registering data, and my sleep data is tracking correctly, but the heart rate widget in the app has no data from Sunday or Monday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 am only seeing resting heart rate on my Android app. tiles ,Am not seeing current heart rate,I am very much into the Cardio& want to see my current heart rate while working out not the resting heart rate ,Was told by Fit bit support that this was the new norm,This is a Charge 3 that they had replaced due to the fact my other one had gray & white lines,My old charge 2 which my sister is using shows current heart rate still,Fit bit told me it was due to the new up date if thats the case the new up date is a BUST  

Best Answer

Hi there @Sweitr, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for the late response. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this situation prior to contacting us. 

To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? Which exercises were affected by this situation? If you haven't already done so, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Fitbit app is up-to-date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.
  7. Let me know if the issue persists.

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

I've moved your post to the Android app since there are more chances to get related replies here. 

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Sweitr, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided about your heart rate data. 

To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? Which exercises were affected by this situation? If you haven't already done so, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Fitbit app is up-to-date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.
  7. Let me know if the issue persists.

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

I've moved your post to the Android app since there are more chances to get related replies here. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi there @Becbuz, welcome to the Community Forums. I  am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback for the Charge 3.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option.

Our Support Team has sent to you a new email today. In order for them to address the issue with your Charge 3, could you please reply back to the email they sent to you? 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit APP on phone only shows resting heart rate not current heart rate.When I go to the heart rate graph on phone it shows all it's suppose to show,Before the last up date on the tile screen it showed current heart rate  My Fitbit it's self shows both current heart rate & resting heart rate. AM just not HAPPY with thus update.I always thought updates were for improvement to me this is a step backwards.notice on the community page there are quite a number of people with same issue 

Thank you 

Best Answer

Yes my phone is compatible for Fit bit thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I appreciate you've brought this to my attention.

In order for us to further investigate the root cause of this, could you please let me know the model of your Android phones and which OS they're running?

Also, can you all confirm which screen you were seeing live HR, was it when clicking on the tile or was it available from the today tab?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using Galxy J3 Emerge
Model SMJ3278
Android 60.1
Software. J327PVU4ARJ2
Hardware J327.03
GOOGLE
VERIZON WIRELESS NETWORK
Best Answer
0 Votes

My current Heart Rate was always on the main screen as all the tiles are ,Showing steps,miles,floors & minutes be low those tiles was the current heart rate sleep, days of exercise 4 of this week,log of water  ,Now beside the new screen that I really don't care for to be honest,It shows resting heart rate all others have stayed the same. , 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this still does not work...I updated app today and current heart rate does display

Best Answer
0 Votes