Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

@NY2TX wrote:

@mlwalker1 wrote:

I just tried to download the fitbit 2.47 apk and it downloaded just fine but when I opened the fitbit app it was the new format even though the version stated it was the 2.47 apk version. Apparently fitbit has removed and locked the backdoor. I'm selling my blaze and uninstalled the app from my phone and will not be using any of my fitbits. They are junk to me now.

Did you delete the 2.48 version before installing the 2.47?

As has been stated multiple times, 2.47 defaults to the new dashboard, but if you go to settings / advanced to can reset it to the old format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can no longer revert to 2.47 version! I am so mad! Tried several times, something else Fitbit has taken away from us.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FUJILU wrote:

CAN NO LONGER REVERT TO 2.47 version! I am so mad!

Tried several times, something else Fitbit has taken away from us.

Did you uninstall the newer version first?  Fitbit can't control what apps you install on your phone. But your phone might be set to not allow sideloaded apps.  You can change that in your phone's security settings.

Best Answer

Finally worked. Got the old dashboard back by following your link. It took us several tries, so glad I didn't give up and can't thank you enough for your help!

Best Answer

@FUJILU wrote:

Finally worked. Got the old dashboard back by following your link. It took us several tries, so glad I didn't give up and can't thank you enough for your help!

"They" don't want us to succeed. Keep on keepin'on

Best Answer
Expressing continuing disappointment.Please minimally update the new dashboard so things sync.If it won't sync it truly is junk.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

if its not one thing its another, why cant fitbit sort out one set of problems before causing another for the past week now the sleep graph has been incorrect telling me I get more sleep than I actually do, tr (2).pngScreenshot_20170523-045109.png

how can weekly average 15 may - 21 may be 6h 52 (correct) be summarized as average 8hrs 15 and how can I get stars for over 8 hour when sleep is below 6 come on fitbit you are taking the biscuit now surely even you know the difference between time in bed and time asleep or that's another thing that has been deemed as useless as the NEW dashboard which looks as if the Moderator has tried to summarise but has not really caught the full essence of what we require or have asked for in our posts its not some from column A and some from Column B we want ALL that we have asked for and that we HAD when we brought our devices change is jarring I agree but not as jarring as not being given the option or the fact you (Fitbit) cannot hold your hands up and admit that you may have made a mistake and do something about it instead of burying your heads in the sand and saying its done now what do we care which is how "there are no plans to change "(listen to what our customers want) comes across to us all

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@A_Seraphima Not sure if it can be done on Android at the moment as it seems we are the last to get anything but if you log in to the website dashboard from a PC it can be done as below

reminders to move.jpgfrom main dashboard click on the cog (top right) for the settings, then click the device and you should get the page shown - click reminders to move and you should be able to turn off from there

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

My main disappointment and the reason why I immediately switched bak to the old dashboard when the new one was release was the removal of the colour change at 1/3, and 2/3 to target.  I found it very motivating to "go yellow" or "go orange" and I could see at a glance where I was towards my daily target without having to look at the numbers.  If the big crircles could give us this progress report, I could *almost* live with them, despite not being abe to swap them around and see them very well and everything that has already been said, with which I agree.

Best Answer

Switched back to the old dashboard with the old app, thank you very much for posting.  Just had some trouble finding the auto update turnoff, it was on the top right of my screen in the play store if anybody else is looking.  Thank you

Best Answer
I just went to apk mirror and downloaded 2.47. I have my old dashboard
back, love it. Just in case Fitbit is listening, I was the 543rd
download. I don't know whether apk mirror is the only download site, but
if 543 have switched back maybe Fitbit should give us back our old
dashboard or fix the new one. I was just too frustrated with data from
previous days not showing up. I'm very happy now!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S
Best Answer

Eric,

More issues to add to your list... it looks hopeless on my landscape oriented tablet. The 2.47 linear bar version was easy to read, this version is impossible. I listed this before but it hasn't found its way to your list.

Also, the average sleep figure is now useless. I thought this was average sleep each day, that's how it used to be. I have a ridiculous low average now as I happened to doze off mid afternoon for an hour. Rather than accumulate into the day total and then average per day, this is now seen as a separate sleep instance. So, I give up! This app is now totally useless to me, as I said before, not fit for purpose.... I don't wish to be rude but feel disappointed and actually pretty angry. How about renaming it unfitbit? 😝

Best Answer

@ashwolve - I keep removing the tile entirely, and it keeps re-adding itself. 

Best Answer

It appears Fitbit doesn't test their software any better than they listen to their customers.

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- Thanks for your continued support on this thread. Your voices are being heard and we appreciate your opinions on the new Android dashboard. Let's keep this conversation positive so we can gather all this information for our development team.

@ashwolve The issue you have reported with the weekly sleep averages has been documented and a fix will be available soon. Please take a look at our post about that here. Keep checking back for any updates. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@A_Seraphima not sure how it works...might have to turn it off before removing tile - perhaps a Moderator will have more information for you ...sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit thank you for reporting the issues, please be aware its not just the fit android app but also the fitbit connect website for PC, I have now removed the app from my phone as it is totally useless to me and what was once an informative tool is now a pictorial display of nothingness - I may be convinced to try again but a lot of changes will have to take place - a mobile phone is not a PC no matter how much you want it to be the tiles and displays are just not effective - I will persevere with the PC desktop for now but it definitely was not my intention to buy a £120 stepometer I can get those for a couple of pound - I am now considering taking back my product and claiming it is no longer fit for purpose as it is not the product It was when I bought it - suggestions to your development team - if its not broken don't fix it and newer isn't always better especially if they cannot take and react to criticism and fix the problem in a timely manner (yes I am aware that fitbit can do what it likes but the goal is to make things better not worse) apologies to you Aless it's not you - you have been great I just wish the rest of the team could be as attentive as you

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone -- Thanks for your continued support on this thread. Your voices are being heard and we appreciate your opinions on the new Android dashboard. Let's keep this conversation positive so we can gather all this information for our development team.

Please prove that, Aless.  We don't think you will  !

Best Answer

Hi Aless,  my personal concern about the new dashboard vs old is that the calories in vs calories out have been put into separate tiles, I liked having the comparison together on one line, now it is separated into a top tile and bottom file, frustrating to work with.  To be honest I never like using the PC dashboard because the tiles were too cutesy without providing enough information.  Also it seems like only certain tiles can be put in the top, not customizable at all if you can only add or delete certain tiles.  I know these concerns have been brought up by others, I just wish to add my voice to the multitude, I am one of the people who downloaded the older version of Fitbit just so I could have the dashboard that I like, customized to MY tastes, not to some other persons'.

Thank you.

Best Answer
After fiddling and fiddling and getting super frustrated with the 'new dashboard' I also went and downloaded the older version so I can use what works for me. I love my Fitbit in conjunction with the 'old dashboard'. It gives me the info I want, in a format that works well for me and is easy for me to interpret at a glance. After several days that I spent hours struggling with the new dashboard I was ready to throw my Fitbit in the garbage until I found a way to get the old one back. I left the new dashboard on my tablet  (where I extremely rarely access it, because I use my phone to access the dashboard 99.9% of the time) so I can check occasionally to see if the new dashboard has been updated to where it will be usable for me. Honestly, the new dashboard is going to require major revisions, and probably end up looking a lot more like the old dashboard before I will be willing to use it. I will keep checking occasionally. Meanwhile, I am happily using the old dashboard and prefer to do so un-updated.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer