Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@bobby2478 @Mitch1905 To clarify, the change to only scroll the top half of the tiles with the day was an intentional change, it is not a bug that requires fixing.

If so, this simply demonstrates that Fitibit is completely out of touch with how it's users actually use the product. What possible justification could there be for showing one data point for a week ago, but the rest of the data points from today? Totally illogical. 

Best Answer

I completely agree. I cannot imagine a scenario when I would wish to look at my walked distance or floors of five days ago while still seeing my current calories, sleep and heart rate data.

Best Answer

I agree, I do not like the new dashboard. We should be able to choose!

Best Answer

I'm with you, it's horrible.  It's fine to offer the option, but presentation on one's device should be the choice of the user.  Whatever focus groups were used to test the beta of this, we're, in all likelihood under the age of 30.  I guess that's the target demographic, so who care about more mature users that actually have the money to spend on the products.

Best Answer

@tcoy74 totally agree apart from the fact of the Beta testers there was loads of negative feedback that was totally ignored and suggested improvements that were not implemented - target demographic I would agree with - I will take information over presentation most times but with the new dashboard we get neither and it is not user friendly - they don't want to listen to anyone that goes against what they want or they would have made the changes by now

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@ashwolve wrote:

@tcoy74 totally agree apart from the fact of the Beta testers there was loads of negative feedback that was totally ignored and suggested improvements that were not implemented - target demographic I would agree with - I will take information over presentation most times but with the new dashboard we get neither and it is not user friendly - they don't want to listen to anyone that goes against what they want or they would have made the changes by now

They really do seem to suffer from "not invented here" syndrome.  If they didn't think of it, or don't think it matters, it won't get implemented, no matter how many actual users want it.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Hi Erick. As a beta user I have been feeding back on this for a looong time. I replied in the feedback thread as requested, I did a feature requests as advised, I posted everywhere I was asked, politely and constructively. I listed specifics and explained why they mattered. I never once expected my every wish to be granted but ALL posts by all users were met with tumbleweed, not a mod in sight for ages, that's when people get jaded and cross. Then the thread gets locked.......

I have always said that I can cope with the new dash IF the functionality is returned. There are people who love the new dash, that's great but they don't use it the way many of us do. There are people who hate the new dash but who never use the website (most of my friends for example) so have no idea of this forum and therefore are not represented so assuming it is universally popular is flawed, it's a mix no doubt.

I want the weight tile to tell my weight and what's left to go, not the hopeless info it shows now. I want to scroll back whole days in order to see ALL my cals in/out and other data alongside each other for the week to calculate my deficit at a glance without multiple clicks and without needing a pen and paper. I want to choose which tiles are important to me and where they are placed. None of my wish list is a request for new features but for features which I used endlessly and which have been removed. The new dash is NOT just a style change, it has stripped out many of it's functions and rendered it useless to a sporty weight watcher.

When I used the new dash - and I installed it for many months from beta launch - I stopped using the app almost entirely. Now I have the old dash back I use it all day long again.

I have always credited Fitbit for helping me maintain  my 2st weight loss 5yrs ago and remain a loyal customer but I struggle to see why a certain group of users are deemed so irrelevant. The market for people who like a device to help manage their weight is huge but that is the very demographic you have alienated in my opinion.

So, I will again repeat my polite and constructive request that the FUNCTIONS are returned to the dash please. The looks are annoying but I really couldn't care if it is yellow with pink spots if it works! Thanks...

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

Another issue: if you log out of the app, it forgets the way you have edited your dashboard, and the tiles all go back to their default positions.

Best Answer

@Poo hi Poo , yellow with pink spots would be an upgrade especially with all the white unused space at the moment , it would act as a great background but Options apparently aren't what fitbit like to give their customers, blue and yellow zebra stripes as well (ok will settle for a mid grey or even a reverse background so black with everything else in colour (and a variety of colours as you progress through your daily goals not just Blue)

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit, I agree with @Poo. When you relay feedback to the dev team, please mention that some of the feedback specifically distinguished between form and function. I couldn't care less about the aesthetics, but it does need to *function*. Please count my vote for prioritizing functionality over prettiness.  

Best Answer
I just installed version 2.47. Thanks to all who suggested it. Works
great!
Best Answer

@michdourado wrote:
I just installed version 2.47. Thanks to all who suggested it. Works
great!

As it always did! "If it's not broke don't fix it."

Best Answer

I agree with the 'United Airlines' comments. Please explain why the old dashboard can't be an option. You are going to lose customers of you ignore them. Many of us out there just want the simplicity of the old dash. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Best Answer

The arbitrary segregation of certain tiles to the top pane of the dashboard, and others to the bottom is quite frustrating. It takes away the users ability to arrange their data into what used to be an easy, convienant glance that suited their needs and reflected the info important to them. If you're going to make the app more restrictive and difficult to use, we may as well pay an extra 50 to 75 dollars for an actual smart watch that can still track my daily resting heart rate, while also doing a ton of other things my fitbit can't. The easy to use app, and customizable dashboard were what made fitbit worth while. If we don't have that, we may as well just move on to another brand's actual smart watch. 

Best Answer

Do not like the new dashboard.

Hate the way it was forced upon us.

Will not buy another Fitbit product.

Best Answer

Very sad to hear we won't able to use the old dash anymore . I absolutely hate the new layout. The linear layout was so much easier to read at a glance. I find I'm not logging and using it as much. It just looks like a cluttered mess.  I previously had a Jawbone and switched to a Fitbit and one of the things I really like was the app. Was thinking of upgrading to a newer Fitbit but am now seriously having second thoughts. Going to research some other tracker brands. Not sure why they had to go and "fix" something that wasn't broken. Not a happy customer.

Best Answer

So, after 24 pages of mostly negative comments, will anything actually be done about this?

I don't want to look back through the week and see my exercise and calories for today. I want to see all the stats for the day I'm looking at. It's not much to ask really.

If you insist on keeping the new dashboard then please at least let it show all the daily stats as the old one did. You havent improved it, youve ruined it. I've said it before and I'll say it again - not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer

Thanks, I'll check those out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the new dashboard, fitnesspal can't be read/transfer data despite being connected just fine. Thought it was because of my P9 but it's the same with my Samsung Note 3 (9months old). If it doesn't read our 3rd party diary/logging apps then the FitBit (and it's app) is useless for serious fitness professionals/enthusiasts tbh and we might as well stick to cheaper step-counters that sync perfectly​ with the apps available. It doesn't make sense that cheaper products are working better due to software issues. 

Best Answer