Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

Im starting to as well. Especially jarring after I went top end to avoid these kind of issues.

Best Answer

I think it would be extremely appropriate that the moderators continue to engage in conversations and respond to questions/enquiries that are directed to them instead of ignoring us - there has only been ONE that has made an effort with understanding on our level and that is @AlessFitbit - come on guys information is supposed to flow both ways

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Not opposed to change, so I gave it a chance thinking I would eventually get used to and actually prefer the new dashboard. I know now that is NEVER going to happen. I despise the new dashboard. I get annoyed every time I open it, so I'm going to have to find another product. So aggravating!!

Best Answer

@MayerLL I did the same, used it from the moment beta testers got it. I found I didn't use the app for anything other than sync in the end. Recently switched back to old and it's in a different league of usefulness. I use it to death.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

Hi, do you mean you switched back to the old dashboard? If so, how did you do it? The option has gone from my app. Thanks.

Best Answer

@Lenster

Hiya. If you read back through thread there are details how to download an older version of the app, it's heaven. Uninstall current app then install the older one or it won't work, you won't lose data. Then make sure you don't have automatic updates set.

Best Answer

When you download the older version, it will open up with the new one.  But go to the Advanced Settings & it will give you the option to switch back to the old one.

Best Answer

I do not like the new dashboard,  can we please get back the option to go back to the old one 

Best Answer

@Mari2323 wrote:

I do not like the new dashboard,  can we please get back the option to go back to the old one 

They don't actually care! We're on page 25 of mainly negative feedback but the answer from Fitbit is basically "this is what we want, this is what you're getting, you as the customer have no say in the matter!"

Welcome to the disgruntled dashboard club! ☺ 

Best Answer

Fitbit has made it perfectly clear they have no intention of giving us what we want. If we're lucky, they might make the new dashboard less awful, but that's the best we can hope for.  If they follow their normal process, they won't do anything to address its flaws. If you read through this thread, you'll find instructions on how to manually download the last version of the app that supports the old dashboard, and install it manually.

@Mari2323 wrote:

Best Answer

Less awful ? your hoping for a lot they cannot respond and rectify problems like the sleep data malfunction that is being reported for over 2 weeks now, they are very slow (if they are bothered at all) its as if these forums are just for us to vent our frustrations and anger but they don't want to pull their heads out of *ahem* (the sand) and act on the information within, weekly summary's are incorrect, sleep data graphs are incorrect (if you have taken a nap), there is a differentiation between data on mobile and on fitbit connect (PC desktop) (Resting Heart Rate ) - Fitbit are continuing to go down hill and there is minimal response from Fitbit to questions that are asked directly let alone indirectly and most frustrating of all is Some Moderators seem to be Fitbit Bots who can only post scripted messages that do not answer the question (E) or show that there is any feedback or understanding (others do what they can and they know who they are and to those I will say thanks - No not you E) - Fitbit you need to rectify these errors BEFORE proceeding ahead to do other things (New Dashboard) etc all you are doing is compacting the problems and making it worse - sleep data is 10 days now far too long - these errors need to be fixed in time OR revert back to a stage where everything worked (2.47) for instance

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

I hadn't appreciated how poor sync was on the New dash until I returned to the old. It's so weird to open the app and find it's up to date, the sync is fast and regular, heaven.

Best Answer
I assume that you're not aiming that reply to Me seeing as it's the 1st
time I used your forum for help after trying to deal with issues myself for
9months plus. Maybe if you have an issue with moderators conversing about
ONGOING issues it would serve you well to harass the Parent Company into
fixing said issues. Or finding another role as your temperament may not be
suited to this 1:) Peace and blessings be with you Strider.
Best Answer

@LexSkywalker Hi, it may seem as if you are not getting a reply but there are another 400 plus people on here who also have not had a response to there queries so it looks like its not personal but a general flaw of Fitbit - it looks like the more updates they push out before rectifying the original problems not only adds to problem but compacts the existing ones - have you looked back through this forum to see how to roll back to a version that worked with you apps/tracker to your liking? - don't know which strider you are talking about but we all are getting frustrated and its not down to temperament but lack of co-operation, as for me I have contacted support both by email and by phone, tried to email dev and the CEO with the some response from each of them so I am guessing that it is Fitbit in general who don't want to know or care about these issues - hope you can find some solution to your issue perhaps my suggestion will aid you in the interim - the new dashboard has brought nothing but misery from not providing the same level of information to various sections within the app or 3rd party app add-ons no longer being compatible or not syncing properly

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get to the Old Dashboard?

I am unable to access employing previously used steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go back to nearer the beginning of this thread and someone gives the version of the app to download. You can't do it thru app store so it's a bit faffy but it does work. You'll need to disable automatic updates first though. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have downloaded the APK file. It appears to need something else for installation (Newbie here...). I get a choose Application or Search App Store option. Tried both, and still have not been successful with the install. Help.

Best Answer

@KlickStone(if I understand where you are at,) have you un-installed the original and removed auto updates from Fitbit in app store?? then run the apk from you download file then click on app and go into settings, adv settings and you should be able to select old version?

Best Answer

ashwolve - thanks for the instructions (will follow up). Will the old data be lost in the process? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, I'm a complete technophobe so I'm amazed I got it to work to be honest. 

Had to uninstall existing fitbit app first, then disable auto updates in app store (I forgot 1st time so it just updated straight away) then I found the file on google but it came as a download rather than like from the app store. I downliaded it then opened the download and it asked me if I wanted to install the app so I said yes! You need someone more technical than me if that doesn't all work! Good luck! 

Best Answer