Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

I absolutely hate the new dashboard as do so many others. I will be uninstalling the app and tossing the Fitbit in the garbage and buying another brand! So sick of stuff being forced on us.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Everyone please go here:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Bring-back-the-old-android-dashboard/idi-p/19741...

and vote to bring back the old dashboard.  I'm sure Fitbit will ignore it, like they ignore almost every other customer desire, but at least people who come here to do research will see it. 

Best Answer

Everyone, please go to this link and vote for all those requests to bring back the old Android dashboard.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

The more votes that show up in the Features Requests section, the better. 

This link will just display the search results for Android Dashboard. Check the requests and vote for as many as possible. Thanks.

Best Answer

The new dashboard has been available for months and I chose not to use it because I did not like it. Now that it has been forced on me, I find it even less attractive than before. I do not understand the technical challenges of offering 2 graphic user interfaces, but I assume it could not be that great since 2 options were available for so long. Anyway, thank you for ignoring the opinions of so many people and making them angry when it appears you did not have to. Seems like a wise decision. Any idea when we will be limited to one wizbang watch face, because you develop a new one that you think is better than the choices we now have? Seems like a similar situation, but FitBit does not force us to use one watch face. Just saying.

Best Answer

How can i vote ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jackie_1978 wrote:

How can i vote ?

Follow the links in the posts above yours, and click on the thumbs up icon at the top of the thread.

Best Answer

I agree Elena. I hate the new dashboard! My husband is always trying to get me to switch to a different brand device. I might consider it now. 

@Elena_Iv. wrote:

I'm deeply disappointed with this decision and I bitterly regret getting a Blaze in the first place.

Best Answer

The new fitbit app is horrible!

moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Frankly Speaking when i brought my Fitbit Charge 2 in Dec 2016 since then i started using New Dashboard as it was default on Application.i did take look at Old Dashboard but never used it.

i like New Dashboard rather than Old Dashboard frankly speaking even Fitbit reverts back to old i won't have any issue i will take few days to get used to(because Old Dashboard is also good). definitely they can make New Dashboard more compact as there is lot of unused space on Main window. those lines kind of odd to separate(Fitbit Developers need to think something different) out tiles if possible they can shrink the size of tiles in dashboard so it can fit in one window without need of scrolling. really they need to utilize space properly.

i have zero issue with opening up tiles in New Dashboard. Once your Tracker and Mobile Phone are connected(Sync) and you have good data connection(or WiFi) they open very quickly though i have notice it gathers data very slowly with WiFi that might be My Home WiFi issue which has considerable slow speed that my mobile data.

practically keeping 2 Dashboard up and running is little tedious because Fitbit developers have to give both Dashboard simultaneous updated + troubleshooting errors occurring with it. Fitbit needs to find balance between Old Dashboard and New Dashboard by looking into features of Old Dashboard and New Dashboard also working of both Dashboard.

Hope They Do it..    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really hate the new dashboard. It is awful. The format, the appearance, the multiple steps to get to the silent alarms. All of it. The silent alarm was the primary reason I use the app daily. It is too difficult to get to quickly and easily in the middle of the night or otherwise. If I am stuck with this undesirable interface the least they could do would be to make it easier to navigate to the alarm function. Make it an option on the primary screen so I can shuffle the priority. I cannot recommend Fitbit if the user has Android right now. 

Yes, I do know how to get to the alarm. No, I don't need pictures. 

Best Answer

Guess I'll no longer use Fitbit. Liked the option to switch to old dashboard instead of new. 

Best Answer
Its not letting me go to your link. I get a message saying "onvalid parameters".

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate the new dashboard, it does not appeal to me at all. The old dashboard read easier and the colours helped to make quick assessments possible.

Best Answer

The whole point of a dashboard is to quickly convey information in a simple and concise way. The new dashboard doesn't do this. On a web page it makes more sense, but on a phone it just doesn't work. There's much more scrolling involved, and the gauge is less effective than the progress bar. Talk to your UI people about this!

Best Answer

So here's my dashboard - lots of white space at the top, and what's my heart rate? No idea, I have to scroll to see that ....

Screenshot_20170505-081606.png

Best Answer

I really dislike the new dashboard and general app look.  To me it feels like more merchandising which disgusts me.  I would greatly prefer more effort invested in getting the app working better, i.e. sleep app accurately records maybe 1 night in seven.  I really want the old dashboard and general look.

Best Answer

Hate the new dashboard, kept changing back to the old one, now I find I cannot do this. The old one let me see at a glance what I wanted on my screen, the new one takes too much space, so I have to scroll. Just means I will not be looking at it so often, may even wean myself off it the fitbit totally as I have now achieve my initial targets, which is a pity as I have really enjoyed the experience in the last year, could say I was addicted to it  but I hate the new dashboard so much that it looks like I will be changing my habits.  I will give fitbit 1 month  to bring the old dashboard back for the users who want it, in the mean time I will dig out my old watch in preparation of a fitbit free life......  

Best Answer

Clearly fitbit does not care what their users think. 1. Why would I want 1 item real big, when all are equally important. 2. You can't see what your goal number is, just those circles. You are not striving to do better when we tell you we don't want it and you force it on us.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Am I correct to think the new dashboard is now the only one???  Has come up this morning and where I used to be able to return to the old one I can no longer find this option when I go into Advanced Settings... 

Very disappointed if so as really not keen on the new style 😥😥😥

Best Answer

The new dashboard is awkward to read, garishly colored, takes at least one extra button push to add water, exercise, etc and I find the tiles much more difficult to read than the old "list" type format.  In short, I think this is a giant step backwards.  I tried the new format back when you still respected your users choices enough to allow us to make our own decisions.  I didn't like the tiles dashboard then and I don't like it now.  Sorry but a big thumbs down on the decision to drop the small amount of additional development work it would take to maintain two "skins" for the dashboard. 

Best Answer