Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm getting a brand new error, for the past couple of days. Each morning, my Fitbit Charge 3 connects to my Samsung phone but the Fitbit app won't connect to the Internet or sync until after I've restarted my phone. I get a message in the top middle of the Fitbit Android app that says "No Internet Connection". Toggling WiFi, Bluetooth and mobile networks does nothing. But a full restart does the trick and once restarted, I'm pretty good for the rest of the day.

Not a big deal or a game changer, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54
VPN is an app that changed our location so no one tracks us. I have norton
VPN. When I turn off app. Fitbit will since. Then I turn VPN back on. This
just started last few weeks.
Best Answer

So if I've tried all these solutions and it still says "No Internet Connection" what should I do? Seems that there are many of us in this situation and so far seeing ZERO effort to acknowledge the problem let alone fix it.

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem 

With my charge 3 , my phone is a LG

Vs995 , 8.0 android version ,fitbit version 3.18 . I did all 

the trouble shooting suggested by fitbit , and I still get the No Internet Connection with VPN on . Turn VPN off and now the app cannot find my fitbit .My phone security is more important to me than a tracking my steps , So VPN is on

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. Very irritating to deal with. Inexcusable. 

Best Answer

I've been seeing this message too, even though my phone is connected to the internet. I tracked it to my ad blocker (Blokada). When it was turned on, Fitbit refused to connect to the internet, even though Blokada wasn't blocking any Fitbit domains. Another nice little "feature" eh?

Best Answer
Thanks. Everyone wants to follow us around.. crazy
Best Answer

It is our VPN on the computer that's blocking the fitbit dashboard. This is a fitbit problem that should be addressed with a software update. I have notify fitbit support about this and I suggest we all should complain to them that this is unacceptable in this day and age when every app whether on your computer's, tablets or cellphones is compatible with everyone VPN on the market. Let them hear from you. 

Best Answer
Awesome I will. And share with everyone
Best Answer

I've gone through the help desk, which basically did nothing. The person "escalated" the problem but since then, I've heard nothing and of course my fitbit app still has No Internet Connection. Now the online dashboard is telling me "you haven't synced in a while". Really? Fix the app and maybe I can.

Best Answer

I forgot that my wife mentioned that to me when the problem came up. I think you are on to something!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been pausing my VPN once a day while at home to get it to update my data but it still doesn't help that a lot of the functions that work with phone sync are not working... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Google purchased fitbit September of 2019. Google is blocking the fitbit
dashboard on your computer that also effect the phone app. I have notify
fitbit support about this but to no avail. I filed a complaint with the
Better Business Bureau today for fitbit and Google. I encourage you to do
the same and anyone else.
Best Answer

I have been having the same issue. I have an android phone, specifically a Samsung.To check your VPN. May be somewhat different on another platform. Hopefully Fitbit will fix this soon but the only solution now seems to be turning VPN off. This is how I corrected the problem.

Open your settings.

Click on connections

You should have a search symbol somewhere, mine is the magnifying glass symbol in the upper right corner.

Click on it and type in "VPN"

That should find VPN and it may say something like managing "Virtual Private Networks"

Click on this

You should see 2 choices - Basic VPN and Advanced VPN

Choose Basic

Keep following the selections, at some point you should have an option of disconnecting your VPN.

When I did this my app no longer says "no Internet" and my everything is working now.

If this happens again, do the same procedure to correct the issue, again- hopefully fitbit sees our complaints and fixes the APP.

Best Answer

I am a developer that has created an app using the Fitbit SDK.  I am seeing the same error with my clients that use Fitbit to share their steps data.  It is happening on both iPhone and Android.  One of my customers has updated to the latest software May 19, 2020 Version 3.21 and still is having the issue.  So its started before the Fitbit app update and now with the current version of the app.

Attached are the screenshots that my app displays form the Fitbit SDK.

Android:

https://twitter.com/CarrotWellness/status/1263824372558675970/photo/1

iPhone:

https://twitter.com/CarrotWellness/status/1263822869978546176/photo/1

Best Answer
I've tried the tunneling function on my VPN but haven't been away from my home network to see if that bypasses the issue. Have you seen anyone else try that? Any successes? Still annoys me that I can't use my VPN with this app.
Best Answer
Teah, it is a pain but i would rather have my info protected when i an away from home.  Enough people seem to have the problem,  you'd think they would have come up with a solution by now.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
True, I should have said I would only do this at home. Also my phone
immediately restarts the VPN right after my Fitbit APP refreshes and it
refreshes as soon as I close the VPN.
Best Answer
  • Same problem for 4 days - even when I'm logged into my internet Fitbit  account.via browser. Not using  a VPN.
  • Restarted android 7 phone + and Fitbit.  Stil 'no internet' even though logged in via browser ok!
  • Too much time spent on problem.
Best Answer

Having the same issue I have restored Fitbit inspire he to factory settings deleted Fitbit app waited 7 days ( account deletes after 7 days) reinstalled everything like it was a new account, worked for about 5 minutes and says no internet connection again I'm very frustrated!!

Best Answer

I disabled AdAway on my phone, updated the Fitbit app settings that were complaining about internet, and re-enabled the adblocker.  Annoying A.F.  I would have hoped that BUYING hardware and sharing data would have been sufficient, but evidently more revenue from ads is important to them. Even decent "free" apps let you opt out for a small fee; most hardware vendors consider your initial investment as a reason not to antagonize from future purchases.

Best Answer