Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa all of a sudden quit getting text messages 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Hello @Hammer33, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Charge 2 are correctly configured.

After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. This happend a few months ago and and I was told to wait for the update. Ridiculous. I am about done with Fitbit!!!!!

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me.  It's very odd because I receive phone calls, notifications for other apps, and calendar items, but do not receive notifications for text messages or email.  I have tried every suggestion I can possibly find.  

Best Answer
So frustrating.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Told me the same thing

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem - just started yesterday. I still receive phone calls & calendar notifications, but stopped receiving text notifications. I did all the troubleshooting steps to no avail! Super frustrating! 

Best Answer
I called them twiceTold me some update was bugged. Mine started 2 days ago

Best Answer
Mine started Thursday morning. My daughter has the same fitbit and she is not having problems. Frustrating!!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an issue with the last update. Samsung galaxy no email or text message notifications. Please get to work on a bug fix.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and it also started a few days ago.

Best Answer

New version 3.6.1 of the Android app is now on Play Store.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Updated to this & still doesn't work... Did you do anything special to get
it to work?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope mine still doesn't work and Fitbit hasn't responded to the issue yetSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

@XPagent  & @Ecabec 
On you phone try to go within the Settings -> Apps, find the Fitbit app and delete / clear the App's Data and Cache. Then Uninstall it.
Reboot your phone and then download & install the Fitbit app 3.6.1 (latest) from the Play store. That might help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic stopped as well for texts (whatsapp). Still works for calls, email, calendar.

Tried troubleshooting still nothing for texts.

It was working until a few days ago. So this is a new problem. 

Best Answer

Are you saying that this problem hasn't been sorted for months? My same problem started 5 days ago and I hoped it would be sorted asap

Best Answer
Started a few days ago  tooSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
Mine started this Thursday...
Best Answer
I dont understand why I can get emails and other notifications. U think its the same process to get texts. I work in the public eye. So my phone is on silent. I rely on my Fitbit alot. Now I'm constantly taking my phone out to check it. 

Best Answer