Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

Hi! 

Since the update, i have problem with notification on my versa lite.

My notfication on the app is on, on my fitbit everything is on, the vibration is on and sleep mode and not disturb are off. I am receiving the notification but they dont vibrate, but the vibration is on. The only thing i  receives is the call. 

Best Answer

I'm on day 3 trying to update my fitbit and after the update my fitbit lite won't update or connec .  It just sits at the logo, vibrates randomly.    Its useless. All i know it was working just fine till i lost connection... tryed connecting it back... no go.  So i reset it.  Uninstalled and re installed the app and now it does nothing.    😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have that same issue, been looking around for any type of fixers for this issue but nothing works. Got my fitbit versa 2 about 2 weeks ago and it worked fine till i had an update and my battery on phone died. Which then must of messed with the connection or something. I got a P30 pro.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1 month and some days after this announcement and fitbit team has been unable to provide a proper solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had problems with receiving notifications to my watch since I bought the watch 2 weeks ago. When I uninstall and reinstall the app it

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been talking to them since the middle of December and still not
resolved
Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. I updated to Samsung Galaxy S10 last December and I haven't received notifications since. I've had my Versa for over a year and never had a problem until I got my new phone. I'm so frustrated. They need to do something fast! Stop telling us to troubleshoot because we all have to no avail, make an actual app patch and make it compatible! I've tried customer service and they always say that it's been prioritized and to keep updating my phone and my app, it's been 3 months! What's going on?!

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I appreciate the time taken in trying the troubleshooting steps suggested in this thread, as well for sharing your feedback about this situation.

If you continue having issues to receive notifications and your phone was updated to Android 10, please make sure to try the following instructions in the given order:

1. Exhaust the troubleshooting steps described in this help article.
  2. Uninstall then reinstall the Fitbit app.
  3. Perform a soft reset of your phone.

I have closed this thread to further comments to help keep the community organized but if you need to report a new issue or need additional assistance, please open a new topic.

Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions on this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes