Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

@FitE Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Inspire not syncing with your Android phone and thank you for troubleshooting this issue with Support. Have you tried clearing the link between your phone and your tracker? Please do the following:

• Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  • Restart your phone and restart your device
  • Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  • Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  • You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Regarding the reminders to move, try removing them, save and sync then readd them, save and sync again.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy s10 and have always gotten my text notifications and in the last two days receive all notifications except for texts.  I have done all the trouble shooting and can't get it to work!  I have the Versa.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Running Versa 2 with a samsung 10e with android 10 UI 2.0. Since the UI2.0 update only call notifications are work. Confirmed all notifications settings in the app and phone and still nothing. I went as far is performing a factory restore on both my phone and the Versa 2. Its sad to see that nobody over at fitbit tests the beta versions of these release prior to launch. I called support also no solution rather was advised its been escalated as a high priority issue. I work for a communications company and we are getting a large amount of customers furious both with IOS13/ Android 10 US2.0. Lets hope this gets resolved soon otherwise I will just recommend our customers purchase an Apple watch or Samsung Active over the Fitbit Versa line.

Best Answer

Having the same issue! Super annoying...

Best Answer

My watch  has quit giving me text notifications no setting have been changed and it still works for phone calls and I have a Samsung s10

Best Answer

I' m having the same issue with my Versa and my Samgung Galaxy Note 10.  I updated the software on my Versa this morning and now I don't get text notifications but I still get phone notifications.  I started with a Fitbit chat support and they told me was that my phone was no 100% compatible and they couldn't help me any further. 

Best Answer

This is the second time I've had this happen and it took a new watch the first time around so there is something they can do 

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Android 10 and my notifications were working on it until I updated the software on my fitbit today. 

Best Answer
Thanks.  Very bummed if I cant get text notifications.   Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Thanks for information.   It's a brand new watch Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Welcome to the club 😕

Best Answer

I isolated the issue to a compatibility issues with samsung messages app. Installed Google messages for now until they resolve this conflict. ... update looks like notifications stopped again with this method 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I should have added, I also have the Samsung 10 plus.
Best Answer

Does the new watch work now?  Mine literally worked days ago.  I have some EVERYTHING!  I did everything on the website for resetting it, resetting my phone, etc. 

Galaxy s10 plus 

Best Answer

Oops.  I have done FVERYTHING!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like I said the new watch worked up until yesterday and nothing's changed 

Best Answer

Im having the dance issue 

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my ionic and my galaxy s10. I think its only been a problem since my phone's newest software update so hoping Fitbit just need to catch up with that update or give us a work around.

Best Answer
I hope so,  I love this thing and they're not cheapSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
I hope you are right. Mine worked so great for approximately 10 days (I
opened it on Christmas Day). It stopped working a few days ago. I can't
see where my phone has been updated since December 18th. I have rebooted
so many times...just hoping I'll get lucky. Lol. I have severe anxiety
and I use the vibration (rather than the ringer) just for phone calls and
text messages. It really helped. I noticed, from reading the forums, that
different things have been tried since 2016. Good luck to you too. Let me
know if anything special works for you. I have installed, rebooted,
erased, cleared, etc everything I can think of.🙃
Best Answer