Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

@Kberger87 wrote:
I always have Bluetooth on. When I open Bluetooth, it finds my watch but if I click to pair it, it says "Pairing rejected by Blaze." I read that I'm not supposed to pair there anyway and that it only pairs through the Fitbit app. Everything else pairs just fine with tracking but not notifications.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Same with me. Doesn't show as being connected and when I try I get the same message

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on the phone with Fitbit last night to try and get my notifications working.  On my end it said my notifications were turned on, but on their end it showed they were off.  They said it's an app issue and they just released a new app yesterday to only 10% of customers to test it and if it's good then they will release it to 100% of customers.

Best Answer

That is great to know. I'm having the same issue with my Note 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kberger87 wrote:

I was on the phone with Fitbit last night to try and get my notifications working.  On my end it said my notifications were turned on, but on their end it showed they were off.  They said it's an app issue and they just released a new app yesterday to only 10% of customers to test it and it it's good then they will release it to 100% of customers.

That is great to know. I'm having the same issue with my Note 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get any notifications either and that is a major perk. Had mines since May 2017 and didn't have any issues until I upgraded to the S8 😞

@Kberger87 wrote:

I've literally tried everything to get it to work. It synced in the app but I can't get any phone call or text notifications to the Blaze. Did not sync through Bluetooth since I read it doesn't work that way. What is the deal with the Blaze not working with the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded to the S8 reading that it was now tested as compatable.. Seeing that a few are having problems I wax apprehensive, but knowingbitvworks fine for two of my friends I went for it. 

First thing I noticed is that no matter what I tried the tracker would not show up as paired.. I turned on/off/on always connected and the same for the notification wizard. Sent many test notifications through the app setting.. Nothing changed. Restarted the phone several times, nothing. 

Two days later the phone indicated a message received and my wrist vibrated.. The tracker shows up connected and have had no problems since. 

So what did I do? Nothing, but I know from having fitbits through 5 phones that sometimes it took a few days before the tracker shows as connected. So I simply waited before calling fitbit. 

It might have been the playing around with the settings or the restart. 

I do know that if notifications do not show on the lock screen, they will not show on the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Blaze started receiving notifications first thing this morning and now shows it paired to my phone!!  I talked to Fitbit on Monday so it took 3 days to start working.  They had me completely uninstall the app from my phone, turn off Bluetooth, restart my phone, turn Bluetooth back on and then re-download it.  When you sign in, it prompts you to enable all of the notifications again.  I haven't seen any new updates for the app so this is all I can think of as to why my Blaze works now.  Hope this helps everyone else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have power cycled my fitbit blaze and my phone multiple times. I have unpaired and repaired them multiple times. I have gone through this list multiples times as well from this link. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/My-tracker-isn-t-receiving-notifications-Android-Fitbit-...

Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your android phone listed as compatible

First swipe down on the clock, or hold on the top right button. Make sure notifications are turned on. 

Open up the phones Bluetooth manager is the Blaze listed? 

Go to the sound and notifacation settings on the phone, scroll to notifications and make sure Show on lock screen is enabled.. This will not be on all android phoned. 

Enable always connected in the Blaze settinhs. 

Let's go to the notifacation settings in the Fitbit app..

Enable notification wizard. 

Click the three dots and send test. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The compatibility list has it, but when trying to pair on the phones Bluetooth it says Fit bit rejected pairing. 
Everything else it turned on. I can sync it for steps and everything, just not notifications. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's correct @wchisam a Fitbit tracker can not be paired through Bluetooth by the user. 

This is the job for the Fitbit app to do. 

In the Fitbit app is Fitbit notifications and always connected enabled? 

Not sure what tracker you have but some have reported that pairing the Classic has worked, this makes no sense but... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications are on and always connected is on. I did pair it with classic and that works, but no notifications on it . I have the blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Strims01.

I do not like being the bearer of bad news, but no updates at the moment. Since we're completely dependent on what Samsung does our hands are kinda tied for the time being. I'll keep looking and keeping my eyes open, however.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

HELP HELP HELP

Can anyone tell me how I can get my messages/call notification on my Samsung S8 - my Blaze is all linked correctly and the notifications all switched on but I still can't receive my text/call notification on my Blaze - is there something on the S8 that needs to be enabled to allow me to do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

seriously fitbit added s8 in compatibility list before it could actually reveive notofications. sorrt but fitbit did not live up to the brand. it lied . now even xiomi seems better and reliable as they never lied.

Best Answer

Seems I am not alone but I have just upgraded to a Galaxy S8+ (after being told it was a compatible phone) and notifications are just not working......yes I have I have done all the troubleshooting, even so far as to uninstall and reinstall the app, unpair and repair the device and still nothing.....yes i got my new firmware update in late October and it is the current version and yet still nothing.......my question is, what is Fitbit doing to resolve this issue? It seems several of us have been experiencing this for months without a solution...guess I am just late to the party.....Do I just go buy a Samsung watch? That might fix it?

Best Answer

Is there a plan to address this? I know the Blaze isn't the newest model, but it's still for sale and I judt bought it. I chose the Blaze becuase it had this function and my phone (the Galaxy S8 Plus) is on the compatibility list. From what I see here, it doesn't look like support will be truly added. Some kind of communication on this from Fitbit would be nice. 

Best Answer

Is there anything else I can try? 

Or do I have to get a new fit bit blaze since I got a new galaxy s8+?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wchisam does the Blaze show as a trusted device on the phones Bluetooth? 

If not your be t course would be to wait for the app to pair. 

Is Fitbit notifications running? Say "Hi Bixby, open notification panel", or simply swipe down.. You want to see an entry that says Fitbit Notifications are running. 

Best Answer
0 Votes