Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications: not working on Silent mode (RESOLVED - 5/3)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 5/3/18

Hi, everyone! 

We released to 100% the next Fitbit for Android app update: 2.71. In this app version, we released the fix for this notifications issue. Please update your app!

You will see a new option in your Notifications Settings that reads "Vibration Settings," which is where you can toggle on/off if you want to receive notifications when your phone is set to Do not disturb or Silent mode. 

I'm glad we could get this resolved for you all! Your patience was really appreciated. 

Fitbit Update: 4/23

Hi all - Our team is currently working on a fix so you all can get your notifications back whenever in "Silent mode." 

I don't know when the fix will be released but I will let you know once I have that information available. Thanks for your patience! Sounds like many of you are using the workaround to just put your phone on vibrate to the lowest setting. I appreciate everyone helping each other out and making suggestions for the time being. 

Updated: 4/20

Hi, everyone!

Our team is aware of this Notification issue when you put your Android device in Silent mode. This began with the last app version 2.70. 

largeandroid.jpeg

If your phone is on Silent mode, notifications will not reach your watch/tracker. If you have silent mode off, your notifications will be received. 

I will provide updates on this problem here. Please stay tuned! Thanks so much for your patience. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
230 REPLIES 230

I have the exact same issue, on my one plus 5T and on my one plus one as well. Can't seem to find any solutions for it, the problem arrived at the same update, it did work before that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem has been going on for nearly a month now and all we get is that someone is working on it. You can see from the thread people are leaving Fitbit for Samsung and Garmin. I am going to be next if we don't get some real feedback and a timeline.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is still no update in the app store. I 

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been to the app store and updated the software. There is now a new toggle under notifications to allow notifications when the phone is set to do not disturb or in silent mode. Of course, even with everything checked I still don't get the notifications!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no update available as of 5.3!!! This has gone on for weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is so annoying is customer service tries to walk you through "fixes" for 30 to 45 minutes.  Why dont they just admit there is a problem and stop wasting our time!!!!!

Best Answer

Still not working.  5/3/18 my Google Play does not have the updated app to install.  This is getting very frustrating to me as I have come to rely on my FitBit for notifications as I am a librarian and I don't have my phone on ring for obvious reasons.

Is there an end in sight?  I really want this fixed before I cave and purchase something else.  I need notifications when my phone is on silent otherwise my FitBit is useless.  I can keep track of steps on my phone.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Its awful. I work in a call center and I'm missing alerts for important calls. What was that update info yesterday. I've gotten nothing and you can't go back to the old update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you get your info from? There is nothing on there. No updates for anyone. Is this going to get fixed or not? I need this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know how to uncheck the solved box on this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, this is definitely not solved yet. I've had my phone on vibrate for a week now and I'm so frustrated about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME uncheck this thread as "solved." This is NOT true. Clearly not everyone is getting the app update and those that are seem to still be having trouble so obviously the issue is unsolved!!!

Best Answer

Not Solved!  Please update this FitBit.  I am about to head into work at my library without a way to be notified ONCE AGAIN when I receive calls/messages.  The APP UPDATE is not in the app store and from what I am hearing, it wouldn't matter anyhow.  I hope this gets resolved ASAP!

Best Answer

If you put your phone on vibrate, but then go intoi the settings and turn the vibration intensity right down low, then you still get the notifications on your Fitbit.  Not ideal but a short term fix

@Mistyme wrote:

Not Solved!  Please update this FitBit.  I am about to head into work at my library without a way to be notified ONCE AGAIN when I receive calls/messages.  The APP UPDATE is not in the app store and from what I am hearing, it wouldn't matter anyhow.  I hope this gets resolved ASAP!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That workaround does not work for me. Come on fitbit, sort this out now.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good idea - I am doing this now.  Thanks for the suggestion! @Eagles4ever

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works for me but doesn't seem to work for everyone.  Guess it depends what sort of phone you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No update for me.  Still not working . . ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@septlefty wrote:

Does anyone know how to uncheck the solved box on this issue?

Unfortunately the FitBit Admin can mark it as solved even though it's not solved when they think their answer should be accepted as the solution. So, the only way to undo that is to be a FitBit admin.

Best Answer

It's ridiculous that nobody from Fitbit has even chimed in here with at least an update. 

As a developer myself I know that there's absolutely no reason for this to take a month to resolve - NOTHING should take a month to resolve - especially something as trivial as this. Fitbit needs to hire some competent developers.

I'm very close to switching over to Samsung. I definitely will not be doing any more business with them. 

Best Answer