Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing with Samsung Galaxy J7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy J7. I have downloaded The Fitbit App. The App recognises that I have a Fitbit Charge 2, and if I sync on my iPad the data shows in the App in my phone. The phone won't sync my Charge 2 however. I tried restarting/resetting both devices but nothing changed. I unpaired the Charge 2 and now my phone can't find it in the Bluetooth settings.

what am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit NOT syncing with

your phone? 

I hope this may help for those who try .. let me know though if it works. This method worked for me on both Samsung J7 and J5 and OnePlus 2.. 

1. Unpair remove your device from ur bluetooth list (If you can)

2. Switch off ur fitbit (make sure u consult ur manual on how to do this properly as it can be tricky)

3. Install a fresh copy of fitbit app. if u have it installed UNINSTALL IT and reboot ur phone

4. next switch on ur Location/GPS on ur mobile

5. Keep ur wifi or data connection on

6. Switch on ur fitbit

7. on ur mobile switch off bluetooth (if its on ) and turn in back on after 5 secs

8. OPen the fitbit app and follow the instructions and allow/accept any connection between app and fitbit 

hope that helps.... 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @KarlyP, good to see you around the Fitbit Community! I was reading you are not able to sync your tracker with your Fitbit Charge 2. The reason of this difficulty is because your phone is not listed as compatible. Whit this doesn't mean it won't work, but we cannot guarantee the behavior in relation to the functionality of the Fitbit app or the Fitbit tracker.

If your are not able to pair your tracker back to your account, my recommendation is to try the following steps: 

1. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in this post.
  2. Try the setup process again.
  3. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

If you were able to set up your tracker back and you are not able sync either the following post might provide you more help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

If that does not work, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer.

Take care and hope this helps!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit NOT syncing with

your phone? 

I hope this may help for those who try .. let me know though if it works. This method worked for me on both Samsung J7 and J5 and OnePlus 2.. 

1. Unpair remove your device from ur bluetooth list (If you can)

2. Switch off ur fitbit (make sure u consult ur manual on how to do this properly as it can be tricky)

3. Install a fresh copy of fitbit app. if u have it installed UNINSTALL IT and reboot ur phone

4. next switch on ur Location/GPS on ur mobile

5. Keep ur wifi or data connection on

6. Switch on ur fitbit

7. on ur mobile switch off bluetooth (if its on ) and turn in back on after 5 secs

8. OPen the fitbit app and follow the instructions and allow/accept any connection between app and fitbit 

hope that helps.... 

Best Answer

I've been trying for a week! That did it! THANK YOU

Best Answer

Hello, my problem is tiny different. 

I unpair the Fitbit, by mistake..I just bought it I was playing with the app. So I unpair it on my SAMSUNG J7 ( that it was working perfectly so far) and then the Dispositive disappear I never might have been able to see it on Bluetooth one or 2 times. So I restarted the phone and Bluetooth. I reinstalled the app. ( not in this order exactly ) I turned off the Fitbit itself and wait for the happy face to show up. ( But it never vibrates it only smile) and now I can see that the phone will collect the data every 15 minutes or something like that. ( I  also, added my Fitbit as trustable devices) On the Bluetooth screen of my phone, I can see under "Paired Devices" my Fitbit and other 3 devices I have. But !!! If I press any device it says "connecting" and it will connect. BUT IF I PRESS FITBIT HR, Nothing happens !!!! What should I do?? I bought the Fitbit 2 days ago, but I think I will like to keep it. Can I fix this? also, I notice that it vibrates with every goal or alarm. But I feel like or I haven't achieved any goal or is not working in every case... Last night I have my cellphone on me I can see a pop-up message that says " congratulation..etc" but It didn't vibrate on my wrist.

The most important question of this paragraph is to pear my Fitbit.  

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work for me.  I have a  Samsung J7..I installed it and everything was working. Then I unpair my Fitbit form the J7 Bluetooth. ( by mistake) It took me a lot to make the Fitbit show on my J7 Bluetooth screen but I did it. The problem now is that is I press  " Fitbit" nothing happens. It doesn't say " connecting" is this ok? 

Please Help me I am thinking on return the Fitbit HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes