Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
367 REPLIES 367
I've also noticed when try to pair my versa on my Bluetooth, it doesn't turn white at the status bar on top when other things I connect to it turns white.  When I select the versa, it stays grey.  Its done that for ahwile now. What am I doing wrong ???

Thank you!

Heather Cline
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same!  I just got my new Versa yesterday and I can't get text messages from my Galaxy S7.  I've gone through all of the troubleshooting suggestions multiple times and I've spoken to 2 people online from fitibit and I just got off the phone with someone from fitbit.  Basically I'm being told - yeah we know it's not working sorry.  Excellent.  Thanks for the help!  In the meantime wondering how quickly it will be resolved or if I need to return my versa in a timely fashion per the store's return policy.  Feeling frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had it set as default on my phone and the fitbit app. I gave full permission, restarted my phone, app and fitbit. No luck. Changed to regular android messages app and that works. I just really prefer the message + app so hopefully an update comes through.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hello,

I just recently purchased my Versa. Started out working great! But after the update last night, it no longer will receive text alerts, but will receive call alerts.

I have unpaired and repaired the device, rebooted both phone and versa, switched from Message+ to regular message. Nothing has corrected this issue. 

How do I fix this?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. My Versa updated this morning to the latest version. Calls and emails are coming through fine, but not text messages. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Android 7.0 and Message+ with Verizon. I have checked all my settings and permissions, and I have restarted both my phone and the Versa. Still no text notifications on the watch.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Plus on Verizon. I updated last night, had trouble syncing so I unpaired and re-paired and restarted both devices.  That finally got it to pair and sync but now I am not getting text (Message+) OR email notifications (Yahoo). 

Best Answer
I have the J7 - with Verizon. Saw a previous post where someone said change
from Message+ to regular Message, and it fixed theirs. No such luck with
mine.
It's rather disappointing too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching to Messages did work, but I had to change it to be the default messaging app. I do prefer Message+ since I am used to it. So I hope a fix for the issue comes through. I may just try switching back and see if disconnecting from the app and then choosing it again fixes the issue.   

Nope. It didn't fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update  I hadn't had the chance to switch apps yet so you saved me the hassle. I prefer Message+ as well.  I hope we all can find a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any idea if they plan to fix this?  I use Message+ too and am having the same issue.  I really prefer it to the generic Verizon messaging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue . New Versa just received yesterday. Motorola Droid and use message + .  Pretty frustrating as this is a main feature I wanted was text alerts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn't work for my either. I've done all I know to do to fix it.
Hope they send out a patch for it soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue .... everything was working great till the update last night.... so frustrating!!!!

Best Answer

Sounds exactly like the problem i'm having. I just spent 45 minuted chatting w/ tech support and they said it must be because my phone (Moto z force) isn't on the supported devices list. But my messages from the message+ app are the only feature not working. Is there a way we can bring this to their attention as a priority? Text notifications are a huge feature to most people!

Best Answer
Glad I'm not alone, but hate we're all having issues. Surely Fitbit will
send out a fix really soon.
Best Answer

Agreed. With this many users having issues, hopefully they will take notice and deploy a fix soon  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue!!! So frustrating. When I first purchased my Fitbit last month they told me that in May there was an update happening where we could reply to our text messages now I'm no longer even receiving them

Best Answer

My problem is the message pops up on my versa but disappears in 2 seconds and then when I pull down for notifications my versa says nothing new here and there are no saved notifications. Before my notifications worked using message + and I had no problem scrolling through my messages.

Best Answer

as the notification framework already supports various other messengers, adding "ours" shouldn't cause too much headache.

MattFitbit (said that he) already forwarded the problem to some developers : https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-Firmware-Release-32-10-15/m-p/2708103/highlight/true#M53...

Best Answer
Let's hope!
Best Answer
0 Votes