Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/16/2018: "Notification service not running" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/16/2018

Thank you for reporting the error is not longer showing in the Fitbit app. This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications. Make sure to confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I'm moving forward in closing this thread as the issue has been resolved and there is no need to post future updates. If you have questions regarding the Compatibility of your phone, refer to this help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Fitbit Update 05/09/2018

Hi, Android users!

Some of you may be seeing the following error message inside of the Fitbit for Android app:"Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker." Even if you perform a restart, the error message persists. 

Thanks for reporting! Our team has been notified and are investigating. We will make sure to update you all if we receive more information. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. 

androidimage1.png

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
340 REPLIES 340

Yeah, this was a fun surprise. I got the Fitbit Versa just for notifications and it doesn't work on any of my OnePlus phones, not even my brand new one with Android 8. It's even more disconcerning that there doesn't seem to be any responses from Fitbit about fixing the issue...

Best Answer

My phone is still doing this.  Any solution yet?

Update:

Fit notifications worked perfectly on my phone until the latest update. BTW.

Update:

I own a Samsung and the notifications stopped working with the 'notification service not running' message. 

@pierrette1012 wrote:
I agree, when I bought the watch nowhere did I see it was compatible with a very limited high-end devices, it's kind of a rip-off not everyone owns a Samsung or iPhone, I certainly did not expect my LG Stylo 3 plus not to work with the watch, I got this phone last summer, it's a LG common!

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Has this been resolved yet? It's been over a month.

Best Answer

@Tony2point0 wrote:

Has this been resolved yet? It's been over a month.

Actually it has been many months, still no resolution

Best Answer
0 Votes

I urge fitbit would strive to catch up with the necessary patches before the emerging competitor (google pixel watch) takes the lead. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. just clear cache.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, thank you for your comments and all the feedback. I know it's been a while since our team is working on this issue.

I wanted to let you know we have started to roll out a new version for the Fitbit app in Android. At the moment it is possible many of you still are not able to see this update, but as the days goes this version will be available to all of you; so is just matter to review later if is not yet available in the Google Play store. For more details please refer to this post: Android app version 2.73 is now available - 6/11. I still do not have details if a fix is contained in this update whatsoever.

Additionally to this, I saw a comment that I was lying to you. I'm aware many moderator responses sound canned and are repetitive in occasions. However by any means I or any of my teammates have the intention to lie regarding these issues and specially to any of our community members.

Note that the information we shared, is the one we received from the progress of the investigation of these issues Occasionally these updates takes more time from what is expected. Nonetheless we are always giving follow up to these issues. If there are any question regarding moderator actions, feel free to contact me or any of my teammates via private message to clarify questions that might not be related to the main topic at hand.

See you all later and if I got more details I will visiting this thread.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Hi Thanks for atleast looking into what buyers are facing.
Your new update looks good initially when it appears to fix the
notification issues however is not promising as the same problem reoccurs
after few hours and the only fix I have seen is to u install and reinstall
the app.
Your work has atleast made me hopeful that you guys are working.
Please check this and fix further
Best Answer

Not yet as I'm going to be restarting my phone now as I have error message again

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have Managed to find a workaround which seems to fix the issue (not
permanent)

1)Go to Notification Management >> Disable Notification access for Fitbit
2) Go to Memory / Storage Management >> Clean Cache
3)Reopen Fitbit App >>Notification >>Prompt to enable Notification will
appear by itself on the screen >> enable Notification >>Enjoy all
Notifications on your watch

Hope this helps 🤸
Best Answer

Hello there fellas, I took the liberty to merged some of your unanswered post to this thread, regarding the same issue.

I'm passing by to let you know that the new version 2.73 has been fully released to all our users. So if you were not able to update the Fitbit app before, feel free to review again. It should be ready to install now; or if you have automatic updates, probably you already have the new version. 

The great news here my friends, is that we have released the fix for this error with the new version. So I know you have been waiting long to hear this. Don't wait longer and go to update your Fitbit app.

See you all later and thanks for your incredible patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
This still does not fix getting my text or notifications on my fitbit.
Best Answer

Hi

I updated my fitbit app on Huawei mate 10 pro to v2.73 and could start to receive all notifications and make replies. However, the problem resurfaced (as expected ) when i shut down my ionic and on to use it for the next day. Hope this would help fitbit team to solve the issue thoroughly.

Best Answer

Has this issue been resolved at all?  My Fitbit syncs with my phone it just don’t get the notifications and this is a very important feature for me.  I have the Alta HR and running it on an android device.  

Best Answer

Please read the above post and make sure that you have the latest version from the Play store.

If it still doesn't work, report back in the thread!

(I refunded my Versa until this has been resolved so can't test it myself)

Best Answer
Hi,
I don't get the notification error message anymore with the latest android
update. (version 2.73)
Still working good after restarting my Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 several times
yesterday and this morning. 🤞🤞🤞
Best Answer

Hi,

I've had this error this week and now my Fitbit is not communicating with my phone at all!

Also, I've bit been able to receive notifications since changing my phone, is the Huawei P20 not compatible?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the new fitbit app update i recieved yesterday combined with the Fit Notification app I downloaded, it all seems to be working. Getting texts, voicemail alerts, emails...let's hope idon't jinx it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE-

I installed newest update yesterday. I am now going on almost a full day of receiving notifications without having to restart or do anything at all.

Will come back if it suddenly stops.

I have a Huewai Honor 7 and a Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tested 2.73 with my GF's Versa, works now!

If more people report it working, I might buy it again.

(Oneplus 6)

Best Answer
0 Votes