Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J7 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone use the fitbit Alta successfully with a samsung galaxy j7 unlocked phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Do you have a kindle fire my any chance.  I have mine with the Bluetooth and wireless turned on.  The get the  my fitbit account bookmarked and when I want to  sync up I just go there and it works.  Of course it not on the list  but it works

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got in the phone with Fitbit support.  Syncing issues are usually caused by updates from Fitbit or your carrier updates.  Other issues can happen.A samsung J7 is not on their list which means it is more apt to be knocked out.Any time i have an issues i will call fitbit support with my case # and have them walk me through.Have a Great Day,Bob Burtisraburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bob08759.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Given that the phone is not on the supported devices list but it fulfills the minimum requirements (Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0) there is a possibility that it can work, however we cannot guarantee that it will do so given that the app is not fully optimized to work with that phone and so issues like this might occur.

Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing so maybe you could give it a try.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
It works with the J7. The issues generally occur when fitbit, the carrier
or the mfg updates software.
There are a number of steps to go through to correct the problem.
As an individual you can hunt and peck and spend a few hours or call
customer service and get it done in 15-30 minutes. My feeling is that if
fitbit is spending a lot of customer service time on it they will fix it.
Fitbit sells the device as bluetooth compatible they don't disclose
uncompatible devices.
They should offer refunds if the device does not work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen the Fitbit Support people give the suggestion to use your home computer if your galaxy J7 phone won’t sync many times. I have a problem with this suggestion. At work,  I am not allowed to leave the ringer turned up on my phone, so I use my Fitbit to know when someone is trying to get in contact with me by phone or text. If I use my home computer to sync my Fitbit to, I will no longer get those notifications. What if one of my children has an emergency, and I don’t see their call or text in a timely manner? (I am also not allowed to have my phone out all the time).

Is there an answer to this problem? I see that this thread goes back a year or more, perhaps it’s time for Fitbit to look into working with the galaxy j7 phones...finally?

Best Answer
In my opinion Fitbit advertises Bluetooth compatible.  It does not say check your device or version of windows.The J7 we have is very new.  It is a reliable but inexpensive phone.  Not everyone needs a $35 to $40 per month phone.Fitbit should be forced to buy back  the fit bits that are so problematic.Fitbit is not disclosing the list of compatible devices.If it was automotive it would be a recall.It only takes 3 people to start a class action.False and misleading advertising.As a side note my galaxy so stopped syncing.Have a Great Day,Bob Burtisraburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has never synced in the first place. My phone apparently can't even "see" my fitbit. My Bluetooth won't even recognize that my fitbit exists.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bob08759. Welcome to the Forums @bredswife.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. Please do know that we are continually working towards improving the overall Fitbit experience.

Maybe you could try posting about it our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users could vote and comment on your idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit zip and it was able to pair with my J7 however it is chewing thru my batteries. I was going replacing them every other day. Had to uninstall fitbit app and use my pc to pair with fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Still Samsung J7 not compatible to use with FitBit Charge 3?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RJM2520.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the situation.

Does the battery continue to drain now that you are syncing with your PC? You could also read this help article that talks about ways to improve the battery life, perhaps it can help out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no battery issueMy j7 syncs for two days then stopsIt used to be 2 weeksCustomer service can re sync itThey have numerous reasonsCompatibilitySoftware updates by Verizon or fitbitThe moon, the sun and the stars.Solutions get a new phone or computer.Their return policy is only 45 daysWhich is about when the problem started

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bob08759.

When I mentioned the battery situation, I was asking another user that reported a battery issue.

In regards to how it was working before and not now, it could be that some update to the phone or app caused further optimization issues with the app and thus caused the syncing issues. If you have the time, maybe you could try going through these steps. Lots of users have found them to be useful. 

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this was my original post, I will say somehow about a week after I originally posted this, the phone and my Charge 2 did finally start playing nice.  Since that time, the news started posting fire issues with the J7 also and I did decide at that point it wasn't worth the risk and went back to an LG with no issues. 

Best Answer

Hello @Candiib.

Thanks for taking the time to share those updates with everyone.

Glad to read that everything did seem to work out in the end. Glad to read that your J7 had no fire issues or didn't hurt you in other way.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users in there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit J7 issued came back
It now fails every other day
Fitbit response is pathetic
I wrote a letter to the ceo
Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw some people who were able to sync their charge 2 to Samsung J7..How??

Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you do it?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The story fitbit says is when your carrier and/or fitbit updates the software it can cause sync issues on phones like the J7.

I was on every other day with fitbit customer service.

Then started requesting a refund as the fitbit says bluetooth compatible.  It does not qualify it to certain phones.

With the lack of an intelligent reply from fitbit.

I started posting on social media

I also wrote an email to the CEO of fitbit.  His name was not easy to find.

Never got a response.

However the sync issues between the 

Alta HR and the Samsung J7 stopped.

The fitbit alta hr and samsung j7 has worked perfectly for the last 60 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!!
Best Answer
0 Votes