Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm hopeful that there's a solution, other than returning themail fitbit. Thanks for the help

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Everyone -- UPDATE: The Galaxy Note 5 is now listed as a supported device here. I recommend trying to sync again and/or following these troubleshooting tips if you continue to experience issues.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@ShaundaH Great to see you around here!

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is currently not a supported device. Although the Note 5 hasn't been fully tested and listed as supported, it wouldn't hurt to attempt to set up your Note 5 for syncing with these steps. Per personal experience, my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 is syncing and fully functional with call/text notifications. Depending on your device, all features may not be fully functional. Keep an eye on this list as it will be listed there once fully tested.

Best Answer
Thank you. The Fitbit did eventually sync with my Note5. Also, I was able
to go into the app on my phone and enable the caller ID function. I don't
see a text capability in the app but I'll keep looking and/or waiting.
Thanks for the reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm using the Fitbit with Verizon...fyi.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get it to sync? I had a surge, got it to sync to my note. Then the surge band broke. But before it broke, it stopped syncing to my phone. This was a week ago Sunday. But it worked before?! I just got a new one today.
Best Answer

@ShaundaH Text notifications are only available for the Fitbit Surge, Blaze, and Alta. If you have a Charge HR, you're only capable of setting up call notifications.

@Eventer826 I recommend performing a restart on your Surge and then trying these troubleshooting steps. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
I clicked on the link " these steps" & nothing comes up ot says error.. i really want 2 sync my sprint samsung Galaxy Note 5 for calls & text notifications. Other wise my husband spent 250 on this gift for nothing. Many thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it is working well so far. It seemed like the phone and Charge synced
while I was sleeping. Lol. There was also a place in the fitbit app where I
needed to turn the caller ID on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Actress Try this link. Let me know if that works.

Best Answer

is there an update on the HR fitbit and Note 5 yet?  I still can not get mine to sync. I have to plug mine into the computer each night which is fustrating. I got the Note 5 back in DEC 15 and about a week ago it stopped syncing ugggg.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello again,

Last time we spoke you confirmed that the problems with my fitbit and tracking was due to your application  not supporting  my phone samsung galaxy 5 note. You were going to work on update for the android app to support my phone. What is the status? 

I tried to charge my fitbit again. And why is it that the middle light is off and the 4 left blinks? 

I am really frustrated with this since I have paid for fitbit, new band, new charger all to find out the app doesn't support it..even if i was to buy a new one.. i would have same problem and im sure im not the only one having this issue what to do?

Appreciate your feedback. 
Best Answer
This link doesn't work either
Best Answer
0 Votes
No that link doesnt work either.. i guess it wasnt meant to be
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the new Blaze and, as noted, it doesn't receive notifications via my Samsung Take Note 5. When I clicked on the link for the work around, the page was gone. Please help and/or rush the upgrade to make this popular phone compatible.

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@ShaundaH Great to see you around here!

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is currently not a supported device. Although the Note 5 hasn't been fully tested and listed as supported, it wouldn't hurt to attempt to set up your Note 5 for syncing with these steps. Per personal experience, my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 is syncing and fully functional with call/text notifications. Depending on your device, all features may not be fully functional. Keep an eye on this list as it will be listed there once fully tested.

Best Answer
What steps?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesnt work.. i dont know if i answered this back in march or not but it still doesnt work the link you suggested. My samsung note 5 is thru sprint is that why it wont link up to my surge fitbit? I've had my cell phone since nov 2015 & my surge firbit since feb 14th 2016
Best Answer
It took me like two hours to get mine to work. Multiple resets, restarts,
etc. The last thing I did was turn off phone, turn back on and reset my
Blaze, but instead of releasing the reset button when the Blaze home screen
came on, I kept holding it. It finally connected to my Note 5. Not sure if
this is a solution, or just a fluke. Nevertheless, it finally connected.
Mine is through AT&T!

Karen D. Hill

--please excuse typos, brevity and auto-correct fails as this was sent from
my Galaxy Note 4--
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit confirmed to me that their android app does not support our Galaxy Note 5..
They mentioned their techs are working on an update.
For all of us that bought a fitbit while owning a Galaxy Note 5, it was money spent for nothing..they should indicated a disclaimer on box, alerting us of the fact. It's sitting in my drawer with new band and new charger that I bought when troubleshooting for over a month!
When do we get the update fitbit?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The link didnt work because they had //http// in the link twice. Here is the fixed link: 
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/I-can-t-sync-my-tracker 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want my S7 Edge to work with my Fitbit Blaze but for some reason it doesn't work and on Verizon it says its suppose to be compatible. But its not. Any reason for this? It worked just fine for my S6 Edge

Best Answer
0 Votes