Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

This has been the same response since April.  I work in tech and development it's absolutely unacceptable to take 6 MONTHS to get an issue resolved especially since it has to deal with the fitbit app and the inability to pair up with the Bluetooth to allow for notifications. 

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner good to see you around and my apologies for not posting anything recently. I was reading you are expirincing issues with notifications and the battery on your Blaze using your Samsung Galaxy S8+.

Please take a look at this post for the most recent update regarding this issue: Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.

Hope this helps and thank you for all your patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8. I got the phone about 2 months ago and I had Blaze and Blaze(classic) paired, I unpaired them both because I was having a problem with my GPS. Now Blaze will not pair which means I do not get notifications on my Blaze. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app several times to no avial. I have talked to tech support and they have taken me through several steps and nothing works. I have seen other threads where people just keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it finally works but that is absurd. An update is needed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Impossible to pairing my Blaze and my Surge with my Galaxy S8, i got a message pairing has been refused by Blaze and it's the  same problem with the Surge, only my Charge 2 is working good.

It's very strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know and have read the posts regarding the S8/S8+, but the S8 Active must be a different beast because I can't get my device to stay connected.  It will sync while the app is open, but it won't stay connected to get notifications, play music, etc.

I just wanted to make sure that the developers are looking into this issue for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active as well.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hello @JBlack02187. Thanks for stepping into the Forums.

Since the S8 Active and the regular S8 use the same components and software version, I'm sure that any update released for the regular S8 should also be reflected on the S8 Active. Nevertheless, thanks for letting us know.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung s8 plus  and I just got the surge and it will not sync with my phone so I do not receive notifactions.does anyone know when they will update to fix this.the web site says it's compatible

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Blaze for quite some time now, I think over a year. When I first got my Blaze I had a Samsung Galaxy S6, the Blaze worked fine with the S6. I then upgraded to an S8 over this past summer and since having the S8 I've had problems with the Blaze. When I originally got the S8 I could not get the Blaze to connect so I could receive notifications, I left it alone for a day or so and it automatically paired on it own and I started getting notifications. I do know when I first got my S8 it was not a compatible device, but it is now. On 10/10/17 I woke up to no longer receiving notifications, over the past 3 days I have tried all trouble shooting, including: unpairing blaze from app and repairing, deleting app and reinstalling, turning off bluetooth then back on, rebooting my phone, I went over the steps in the page My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) and with everything i've done the blaze will not connect to my S8 to receive notifications but it will sync daily information and bluetooth classic will connect to control music. My husband also has an S8 and had the same issues when we first got the phones but since mine started having notification issues on 10/10/17 my husband is still receiving notifications.....Any ideas as to how I can get this fixed?

Best Answer

I have a Galaxy S8 on T-Mobile, latest firmware upgrade as of Oct, 2017. 

Bought the Blaze earlier today, got it setup and the tracker is working in all regards except for being able to receive notifications. 

I followed all the trouble shooting guide and re-synced the Blaze to my phone twice. Still can't even get the test notification to show up on the Blaze. 

I really want to keep the Blaze, but I will return it if I can't get the notification function working properly. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the exact same boat as you.  This is so annoying!! Someone help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does my post keep getting moved from the Blaze forum to the Android App forum without any notification?

If my problem is related to the Android App, what steps can I take to resolve it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vettechgirl40! Thanks for joining the Forums.

At this moment we do not have any details on when we could expect this situation to be resolved. Whenever we do have any news we will be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Cthsck10. Welcome to the Forums @Cthsck10!

I understand how this can be very frustrating. I'd like to mention that our team is aware of the situation. Whenever there are any news we will be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any further questions please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Want2likeBlaze, thanks for joining the Forums.

This is an issue with the S8 that our team is fully aware. Whenever we have any news on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem. It is too late to return my blaze (which I loved) but I have completely quit using my blaze because I can no longer receive notifications. It's very frustrating. Fitbit and/or samsung need to figure something out ASAP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is fitbit and/or samsung actively working on something?? When do they expect the issue to be resolved?? I've had the same issue for over a month and have tried literally everything! I finally quit using my blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, this means I will be returning the Fitbit Blaze while this issue is being resolved by Samsung. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the reply but it doesn't help me or answer any questions. What is the situation and what is Fitbit doing to fix it? I don't understand why my husband, who has a blaze and an S8 isn't having issues but I am having issues with my blaze not receiving notifications from my S8...can you please give me a little bit more info?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on this fix. I have had my Blaze for 10 months now and I had an LG phone with no issues. A month ago I got an S8 and have lost all my functionality. When I try to connect to Bluetooth it shows "rejected by blaze" I am able to connect to Bluetooth classic. But I would like to get my notifications again.

Best Answer

I have Samsung Galaxy s8 + but I can’t paired and receive notifications any solution for this problem please let me know

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer