Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

Yes it will pair to the phone. Just no notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone

I got the galaxy s8 last week and it wasn't pairing so I just thought of a way to make it work and it does work.  Take the little usb sync that came woth uour fitbit and put the usbc converter that came in your s8 box in your phone and attach the usb sync to it...problem solved until fitbit supports the s8

Hope this helps

Sue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone

I got the galaxy s8 last week and it wasn't pairing so I just thought of a way to make it work and it does work.  Take the little usb sync that came woth uour fitbit and put the usbc converter that came in your s8 box in your phone and attach the usb sync to it...problem solved until fitbit supports the s8.

Hope this helps

Sue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sue, the issue we're having is not with pairing but with notifications not being pushed to the fitbit from the S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following for updates. It works on my S8 for a bit then "can't find tracker. Very annoying...looking forward to when it works all the time

Best Answer

This is no longer acceptable. This phone has been out for over 3 months now. That is 3 months that I haven't been able to use the full potential of the watch I paid $200+ dollars on. So does the company plan on reimbursing me part of the money for the part of the fit bit that I paid for and can't use? That seems highly unlikely and I'm absolutely at my wits end with this. I have spoken to customer support more than once and keep getting the same reply: "wait for the next update to come out". That isn't working. This is a phone that millions of people have. It should be a top priority to have it up and running. Losing my support quickly.

Best Answer

Oooh noooo! Please remedy this asap!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok then I will return my Surge as you guys can't get this working

Best Answer

Any updates on the Fit bit to S8+? I have a charge HR that was synching perfectly at 4pm yesterdat, suddenly it now tells me that the tracker is not found. Checking my Bluetooth it isn't finding the tracker either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hate to tell you but my Garmin didn't work with the S8 either...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BW1 wrote:
Hate to tell you but my Garmin didn't work with the S8 either...

Define didn't work and what tracker are you using?

Garmin have confirmed it working with a handful of trackers already.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wouldnt sync or receive notifications or calls, exact same issues. Was
fine with my S6. It was inn be of the Vivosmart ones.

My Blaze is working perfectly now. Getting all notifications and syncing
perfectly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BW1 wrote:
Wouldnt sync or receive notifications or calls, exact same issues. Was
fine with my S6. It was inn be of the Vivosmart ones.

My Blaze is working perfectly now. Getting all notifications and syncing
perfectly.

Vivosmart doesn't appear to have been tested with S8 as yet; they have tested it against Fenix 5 range and Forerunner 935 which is better than Fitbit have managed.

Garmins support list includes so many current devices; puts Fitbit to shame. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a get-well date on this compatibility issue with the Galaxy S8+ ??

Best Answer

Is there any update on when we can expect this yet? The phone has been out for months now and it seems ridiculous that the flagship phone from the biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world isn't compatible with what is effectively a glorified beeper.

I can buy a £15 smartwatch on GearBest or Banggood that's compatible with literally any android phone on the market. Why isn't something I've spent over £100 on that's built by another industry leader?

Best Answer

As others when I first installed the fitbit app on my brand new s8 I was surprised and disappointed to see that notifications were not working. I was so disappointed that I was a step close to replace the blaze with a Samsung watch. Then suddenly, with no warnings or actions from my side(e.g. reinstal thel fitbit app as suggested by others etc) all notifications started working ( text, mails, calls etc). I am happy and of course I am not complaining but understand your frustration as the  behavior appears to be not consistent across devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

my charge 2 sync'ed with my Samsung Galaxy S 8 Plus when I got it no problem, I took my fit bit off to charge it and now it is not syncing at all.  Has anyone else had this happen? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. Honestly, as others have put it, Fitbit, this is unacceptable. You have smart people working on this...get it done.  You have diligent software engineers...get it done.  You have employees that have to listen to us gripe and complain about this issue...get it done.  We the people pay our hard earned money to buy your trusted product...get it done!

None of the tricks and techniques the good users of your products have worked...time for you to get the job done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my S8 yesterday. Syncing is a bit hit and miss and notifications didn't work... then they did... and now they didn't. Very frustrating Fitbit... poor show tbh.

I note that this thread is marked as solved... it's by no means solved!

Was considering replacing my Surge with a Blaze... now I'm rethinking that crazy idea 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze syncs fine with my S8+ that I just got yesterday, but it rejects the pairing so I don't get notifications yet. I think part of my problem is that I did a phone-to-phone data transfer and I haven't updated everything yet.   I have my Blaze on the charger right now, but when it is done charging I am going to uninstall the Fitbit app, restart the phone, re-install FitBit, then try to Pair again.  I had the same problem with my Note5 when I first got the Blaze and those steps worked, so I am hoping it will work again. I will update tomorrow after I try again.

I use the Blaze for Fitness and Sleep tracking for the most part, the notifications are nice, but not necessary for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes