Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680
I had my watch first. I hope the add it soon or my fit bit is a waste of my
money.
Best Answer

i uninstall an add it back like if it was a new device and everything went back to normal 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, can you at least give us an estimated date when your developers will resolve this issue with the Samsung S8? Simply telling us its not a compatible device is not an acceptable answer. This is Samsung's latest release!! Not some Wal-Mart track phone. I'm in shock that this is truly happening. I just upgraded from a Samsung S6 to the S8. I feel paralyzed not receiving texts, phone call and email notifications on my blaze. I've tried the thread you are pointing to for a resolution and its not working. Yes, the pairing works to count my steps, heart rate, etc. But I want all features to work! 

Best Answer

Update: 7/13/17

Hello, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ has been added to our official supported devices list. Thanks so much for your patience while our team tested this out for you all. There are still some kinks being worked out, so some users might still have issues with the pairing process or with notifications. Please give our troubleshooting tips a try if that is the case. I will update this thread when I have more information available. 

Hey everyone -- I just merged some duplicate threads asking about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ into this thread.

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. 

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy S8 is added to the supported devices list.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm getting text and emails! It took less than a couple days maybe three at the most. I finally got notifications on my watch. I say to all be patient!!! If mine work, I'm sure in short of time yours will work. I kept resetting and playing with the app. And it worked. Don't quote me on this but this is what worked for me. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
I'm not even using mine. Waste for me
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy S8 is added to the supported devices list.

@ErickFitbit

How can anyone believe this statement when zero new devices have been added to the compatibility list in the past 3 months, possibly nil changes at all in 2017 but I am not able to confirm as I have not been monitoring the updates for longer than 3 months.

The Fitbit android team are doing nothing!

Why would the Samsung S8 be added when the popular Google Pixel hasn't appeared yet?

What about the Moto Z, LG G5/G6/V20, HTC10, OnePlus3T, etc.. should I go on? 

I've lost all faith in Fitbit support for customers using Android. 

Moderator edit: format

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
So can you please tell me step by step how you did it
Best Answer

While the S8/S8+ is not on the supported devices list, I was able to pair my blaze and sync it with me S8+ with only the normal start up issues others have seen with the initial charge not happening. So far everything works between my phone and the blaze except the notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is with the S8 or the S8+? and you kept restarting the fitbit or the fitbit app on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the S8+. But yeah it took about 2 to 3 days and it worked. I kept uninstalling, deleting and  all of a sudden my email notifications started to work. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops I left out one thing. I kept on uninstall the fit bit app and restarting my watch. Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand how myself and others are able to get the notifications on the blaze watch and others can't? This is so disappointing!  I feel for you all that don't have it yet. I feel ya.

Best Answer

Do you get bored of saying this? Wouldn't you like your team to actually add some more supported devices?

Best Answer

Mine has all of a sudden started working and receiving notifications and calls.  No idea why but I'm nit complaining.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No its ok, once they start getting notifications they will notice their battery die right before their eyes.....LOL

Best Answer

I am getting Bluetooth audio stuttering issues when the FitBit app is installed on the S8+.  Any update when there will be a fix?  Does Samsung need to fix this??  Anyone know where this is up to??

Best Answer
I started getting notifications. No significant battery drain. Must be
luckyI guess
Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked like a charm...thank you soooo much...I would've never been able to figure this out 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Have a galaxy 8 and since then i can not get any notification thru my fitbit when i get phone call or email.  Alta doesnt have it?

Best Answer
0 Votes