Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

So true!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will you guys be adding the galaxy S8 to receive Notifications? I just upgraded to the blaze just for the purpose of being able to see my notifications at work, only to find out now it it not supported on the galaxy S8 😑

Best Answer

Hi everyone @Dave747 @Dteasterwood @SaraSab @Scott_STL, great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

When it comes to the Samsung Galaxy S8, as some of you have already mentioned, it's not yet in the list of compatible devices. While it's not there, many users have been able to get it to work but since it's not an official device yet, this doesn't guarantee that it will work on every situation. I'm sorry about the inconvenience but I can recommend keeping an eye on the List of Compatible Devices for any update on this. I hope this to be soon.

Any other thing you may need, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I spent an hour and a half with 2 separate customer support staff, it would've been nice if they had just told me that this new phone is NOT a compatible device yet!   Any idea on how long before this will be compatible??  Specifically I'm wanting phone notifications and messages.

Best Answer

I bought the fitbit blaze yesterday and I can't get it to notify me of texts and calls. I have the new galaxy S8 and it says it's not compatible. It's the newest version of the Samsung galaxy.  Please help I would like to use this fitbit blaze to its full potential !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung S8 plus is not on the Android listing for notification or messages? 

Best Answer

When will the Samsung s8 be compatible with receiving notifications to Fitbit Charge? That is the whole reason I bought the Charge versus other models -- to get notifications 😞

Best Answer

Does anyone knows when are we getting the s8 Support for Fitbit Blaze. my fitbit wont sync properly and also i am not getting any notification on it, also have to charger fitbit every night.

Best Answer

Any luck yet with the galaxy s8 compatibility?

Best Answer

I'm  throwing in the towel here, need notifications and Fitbit's inability to provide anything other that 'check the list' just won't cut it anymore. 

So in the drawer it goes, anyone have recommendations for alternatives?

Best Answer

Is there any date for when the blaze will be compatible with my Samsung S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know if this is something that will be updated soon? It was one of the hugs reasons I even bought the alta hr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my blaze today, this issue is still around. What is the hold up on getting the s8 compatible?

Best Answer

@Tipster wrote:

Just got my blaze today, this issue is still around. What is the hold up on getting the s8 compatible?

What is the hold up on getting the Google Pixel, HTC One, Moto Z, Moto Z Play, Moto G4 Plus, LG G4, LG G5, LG G6, OnePlus3T or any other number of current android handsets compatible.

The only hold up is Fitbit, I'm selling my Fitbit Blaze as it's clear the Moto Z will never be added to the list. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

Hi. I just read this thread and I have the same problem as I only got my new s8+ 3 days ago, so would appreciate being advised when s8+ is added to the list of compatible devices. Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi

Sad to see it is accepted that so many people that bought galaxy s8 should still wait... 

Could you please let us know when it will be available for everybody?

Thanks...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys I got my phone on release, its been 3 months. Unacceptable just move on, this company doesnt care, I am sorry but its the honest truth. Everyone jumps on here crying and waiting when everyone has been literally telling you to move on.....I have made multiple long posts explaining why this is a joke. And why you are wasting your time and you are better off with better service and a better overall device. Save up some money and buy something new. I am so pissed because I just got my Blaze for Christmas and 4 months later it stops working on my new phone...Honestly if they dont offer me a product swap when the new device comes out fitbit is a failure of a company who doesnt care about their costumers....I barely got to use my blaze for half a year....and please I dont need a fitbit rep responding to this, I have had 2 of you guys respond with bogus answers....just tell us you dont care for the S8 that simple you apple sellouts.

Best Answer

Is the only issue with the S8 the notifications? I had an HTC 10 and was frustrated not being able to get a new Fitbit (tried other trackers and disliked them). I just got an S8 and was hoping I could finally get a Fitbit. I don't care if notifications don't work, that's not what I use a fitness tracker for. So, will it work in every other aspect? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Eri, yes it is just the notifications. Everything else works fine syncing.

Best Answer

Is there a remedy for synching the fitbit charge 2 with Samsung S8

Best Answer