Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a S8  yesterday and I no longer receive notifications on my Blaze and  I am not able to  Pair.  It says Pair rejected.  I have tried to reset the tracker, removed the app, everything I can think of and nothing..  Do anyone have a fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @caroflo, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! If you are having issues to enable notifications please give it a try to the following post: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

The Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ has been added to our official supported devices list. Some users might still have issues with the pairing process or with notifications. So please give our troubleshooting tips a try if that is the case.

Hope this helps. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the blaze and am unable to get my call and text notification on my galaxy s8. I'e tried EVERYTHING listed on the fitbit help page

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining the Community @Mwebb.

At this moment, we do not have any updates on the situation with the S8. We do know that the issue is coming from Samsung themselves.  If we do get any news on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is unfortunate. Hope they fix it soon because that was one of the main reasons I purchased the blaze.

Best Answer

Apparently Samsung S8+ has been having problems with notifications going to the blaze for well over a month and still no resolution. I bought the blaze specifically because I wanted the 'smart' features of the blaze and with numerous conversations with customer service, there is no end date to the problem. 

Will be returning my fitbit tomorrow.

@Mwebb wrote:

That is unfortunate. Hope they fix it soon because that was one of the main reasons I purchased the blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mwebb. A very warm welcome to the Forums @mustoeVA.

@Mwebb Some users have been mentioning that their trackers have been working with the S8. Is there any software update for your S8 available? 

@mustoeVA I understand where your frustration comes from. Please do know that we're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
There are no updates available. My phone is up to date and I've tried all
the trouble shoot suggestions. The text and call notifications still don't
work on my s8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Just got the blaze and am unable to get my call and text notification on my galaxy S8+.  I'e tried EVERYTHING listed on the fitbit help page 

Even spoken to your customer care executive but nothing happens..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Up on the club, dealing with the same thing. I don't want to return it but
I might end up doing just that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried everything suggested blaze still will not connect to Bluetooth have 8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not able to connect my fitbit blaze to my galaxy s8 whatsoever. is there any hope for this to be fixed? if not the watch is getting returned asap

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had mine a month and was not able to connect it to my s8. Returned it and
got the fitbit ionic instead. Connected right away with no problems. It was
100 bucks more but I wanted all the features. If call and text notification
are the tbi ng you want you can get away with switching to the surge I
believe. Otherwise I would upgrade and return the blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes
A second fitbit connected..fter some work. I called incessantly to fitbit.
Think the engineers did something from their end to make it work. Been
enjoying ever since.
Best Answer
0 Votes