Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Yes, that's all that will synch using the Fit Bit app. Now try downloading a third party app called "Fit Notifications". Usually that will work so that you can get text messages, calls,  e-mails, Facebook messages, etc. sent to your Fitbit.  Until Fitbit gets their act together, that is the only workaround I've found to get my notifications. I actually like it better because of all the additional notifications I can set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you x

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm finding  The same of my ionic and Bluetooth. Before I got this phone it connected easily and after I got it connected but now it won't connect at all with the same phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the tech world where they sell products THEN fix the bugs!  I have read you need to make sure any other device you have is deleted from your fitbit.  While it is synced to another device it apparently is not free to sync to something else.  And if you have the app on the S9, after you delete the old app delete and reinstall the new one on the S9.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's how I got my Alta HR to sync to 9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just given a Charger 2 as a gift.  I have tried every single suggestion here to get the thing to connect with my S9+.  I finally went to the store it came from and after they heard everything I have been through, they offered to exchange it for a different brand all together.  I haven't done it yet, but almost 3 months of complaints and issues from one of the major phone brands seems long enough to come up with a fix.  And from what I have read and seen, I am seriously thinking of taking them up on their offer. 

Best Answer

When do you anticipate allowing S9 to sync?  I might as well return my versauf I can't use it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not a representative of any company. Sorry I can’t help more I am researching like you are. From what I have heard some people can sync if they make sure they have completely disconnected from their previous phone. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Srh4jc, @SunsetRunner and @FitCraig501.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. 

If you haven't already, please check this post I shared previously. It talk about what you can do to try and troubleshoot this situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung S9 is syncing !!!!!! I finally got mine going. Delete Bluetooth connection with the Fitbit watch (mine was the Ionic) and delete the app from your phone (S9) then restart your phone.  Go to app store (Play Store) and download the Fitbit app. Sign in and you should be good to go !!!!!!!   I did not lose any data.Smiley Happy  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Already returned mine

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

when can the fitbit versa get text notifications from samsung s9+?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem but what is confusing to me is that it worked on my S9 for about a month or so. When the recent update popped up it kicked me out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Android fellows! Thank you for keep sharing your thoughts about the compatibility of the Galaxy S9 and S9+.

Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models.

A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

In addition, do not forget to install the new update of the Fitbit app. It contains stability improvement that might give you some extra help. For more details, please review this post.

Catch you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sure that I am not the only one who does not find this answer satisfactory. Yes, your devices work with many android phones, but there are a lot of Samsung users out there who will not be buying your products. Local stores in my area are now recommending that people don't buy Fitbits after having many of them returned. I know have an absolutely useless gift that I can't return or I would.  
Best Answer

I have the s9+. My fitbit ionic synced right away. No issues whatsoever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks my phone was acting up and I eventually restarted it and it worked
Best Answer
0 Votes
Apparently this isn't the case with all Fitbits. The Charge 2 seems to be having the most trouble.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been over a couple of months since your response. Is there an update for compatibility issue with the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+? I was thinking of purchasing a new fitbit although if it is not going to work with my phone I need to look into a different fitness watch. Thank you

Best Answer

I use my Fitbit Ionic with my Galaxy S9+ without issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes