Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Hey, I have a an S9+ and found a way to pair my fitbit blaze to my phone and have it sync. 

1. Turn off bluetooth on phone

2. Restart blaze (hold left button and bottom right button until fitbit logo appears)

3. Turn on bluetooth on phone

4. Go into fit bit app, click on profile, top right next to battery icon, and follow steps to set up new fitbit even though you are using the same fitbit. Once you enter the matching 4 digit code, it will pair and sync. 

Note: Pairing through phones bluetooth u.i. will not work. It will say blaze rejected pairing.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @elohimp1. Hello @PRuth and @VandyCWG.

There aren't any news on the matter, I will continue to try and get updates.

Perhaps you could try what @elohimp1 mentioned. There is chance that it could work for you. Keep in mind that I am not saying that it is an official workaround or troubleshoot. What I have mentioned before is still very much true. There is a possibility that it might work because it fulfills the minimum requirements but we cannot guarantee it.

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a samsung s9 plus and a fitbit alta HR. I can’t receive calls or messages on my fitbit.  I already did the rebot on my fitbit, unpeared and paired agaim afger restarting my phone.  If did mot seem to work.  Please help me... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me: Turn off bluetooth on old phone, then delete FitBit app on your old phone, restart s9. good luck

Best Answer
Has anyone been able to sync who has never had a Fitbit before? All the fixes only seem to work for former users.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is ridiculous that you have not updated your product to sign sync with the newest  samsung phone. 

Best Answer
Hence the reason I'm waiting to buy the new phone. Ridiculous,  I know!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Download the Fitbit Notifications App and you will find it will work.
Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fitbit app.  Is this something different?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit app.  Is this something different?  If not,  can you give me brief instructions as to how you get notifications on your device via the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
/Yes, it's different than the fitbit app.  Look for "Fit Notifications"
- a third party app in the Play store. It's free and it works!/
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not talking about the ionic, just the new Versa!

Diane Guillod PA-C
Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone even able to sync the Charge 2?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they ever answer as too when the Fitbit2 will have the upgrade to the Galaxy S9?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung s9 and s9+ are still not listed in their supported devices until now. They haven't said when it will be compatible and will be able to receive notifications too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thank you very much

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to say how disappointed I've been in what I've been reading about Fitbit and the Samsung S9. I currently have an Ulta and recently upgraded my cell phone to the S9. I've had a lot of difficulty getting the two to work correctly. In addition, I was all set to purchase the new Fitbit Versa but based on my experience with the Alta & S9 and what I've been reading online I'm hesitant to make the purchase.  To those at Fitbit, I would think fixing this compatibility issue would be #1 on your priority list. You are losing out on sales.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if because I have a Galaxy S9 is the reason I have so many issues with my new Versa.

It undercuts my steps all day long, says I only had ten active minutes when I worked out heavy for over an hour, undercuts my calories, and says I'm asleep for two hours in the middle of the workday. I'm seriously conflicted about whether or not to hold out for a fix from Fitbit via software update, or give up and return this overpriced watch.

Best Answer

I have a s9 and have had no problems with my versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased a new replacement Charge HR 2 and this morning on the way to work I received a incoming call and it showed up on my Charge HR 2 So I  think the update has been done.

Rock Hill SC

Best Answer
0 Votes