Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

I deleted my Blaze through the FitBit app and then added it. Now my phone is able to sinc with it without any problems.  After reinstalling,  no one of my data disappeared.

Best Answer

It really doesn't much help. Guess I will not be ordering the ionic and may have to search for other options?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works too control the music...  You have to pair and connect the blaze and turn it on as INPUT DEVICE & then you can control music

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there everyone, I have been reviewing your posts and comments after my last visit. To address your concerns, at the moment I do not have a timeframe to share with you. This information has not been disclose even for us as moderators. Rest assure we are working to add more compatible devices including the Galaxy S9.

For more details about compatibility, the following article might be of your interest: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Thank you also for sharing that some of you are being able to sync and control your music. Due to the app still is not optimized for Samsung Galaxy S9, it is possible the performance in some features may not be the expected one.

When more news arise, I will keep you updated. Thanks again for all your patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Minnie42 and @Simply_Smile.

@Minnie42 We don't have anything to announce on the matter. Our team is fully aware of the need to expand the compatibility devices list, however. You can try the steps I mentioned in my post above to get it to pair.

@Simply_Smile Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. Great to read that it worked for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi LanuzaFitbit, do you have an estimated ETA when the compatibility list would be expanded to include the S9?

I think it's truly shocking with a high profile flagship phone like the Samsung Galaxy series that this would not be completed and added before launch of the phone. I have always been a Fitbit fan, but this really leaves me regretting the upgrade to the Blaze. And I would hope that the feedback you are receiving on this message board would be enough to make this issue a little more important?

Thanks,

Best Answer

How did u get it to sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't. I am thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S9 and didn't want to buy one until it will sync with my Charge 2. I take classes with someone at the Y who just bought the S9 and it syncs with her Ionic.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Jarredl.

We can't really speak dates about this situation, but please do know that we take this seriously and that our team is well aware of the need to expand the list. 

As soon as we have anything to announce we will be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for sharing your concerns. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine Synced, Finally! I opened the App, on S9, it requested Location Permission, turned that to on and it registered steps. Hope that helps! Like my new S9, had HTC 10.

Best Answer

Mine Synced, Finally! I opened the App, on S9, it requested Location Permission, turned that to on and it registered steps. Hope that helps! Like my new S9,

Best Answer
Glad to hear it! I know someone who is going to try to sync my Fitbit to her S9 and make sure it works, just in case. I just got mine for my birthday so I hated not to be able to use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a EFT for the Galaxy S9 plus to be added? It will be added at some point

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Skiteach@Sunshine365 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Maribel08.

I appreciate some of you are reporting how is the behavior of the app with the new Galaxy S9. So far I cannot deny or confirm any plans for the Galaxy S9+, since we do not have more details regarding timeframe or progress of the tests performed by our Android team.

Keep in mind the fact the phone is not listed as compatible, is not an statement that the app is not going to work. Only that certain features may not perform as is expected.

If new details arise, we will posting more information.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9+ two weeks ago and have not had any issues with it syncing - does that fine. Had issues with it pushing notifications to my Charge2, so I downloaded the free android app Fitbit Notifications from the Play store and set it up and I'm getting my phone and text notifications reliably now. Haven't tried it yet, but apparently you can push other notifications to your fitbit too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info! Did you have to delete the app from your old phone before you set up the new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I didn't have to delete the app off my old phone. However, I did turn off the bluetooth on my old phone so it couldn't connect to it until I got everything set up on my new phone and could turn my old one off for good.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
Thanks for letting me know. I am trading my old one in but will make sure I turn the Bluetooth off beforehand and make sure I install everything before they delete it all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,  no I did not. 

I can receive my tracking and progress alerts, but can't sync my phone for text or calls
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes