Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

I bought Samsung s9 plus on March 21 and was able to sync it without a problem. Before doing so, I even downloaded the fit but history from iPhone to s9.

Best Answer
Try downloading the Fit Notifications app. from the play store. This isn't a  Fitbit app, but it will send your text and call notifications to your Fitbit as a work around until Fitbit catches up to Samsung.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sakthi wrote:

I bought Samsung s9 plus on March 21 and was able to sync it without a problem. Before doing so, I even downloaded the fit but history from iPhone to s9.

Hi,

Same here I am using S9+ without any issue with my Ionic, everything is fine. just remind you not to move fitbit app data to the SD card.

Steve

Best Answer
How did you fo it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Minnie42 wrote:
How did you fo it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Hi,

Could you specify the question?

Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this problem too. for me I went into my phone settings > Connections > turn on Phone Visibility.

Straight away the phone tried to connect to my fitbit Ionic and the watch showed the code.. now seems to be working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any idea when this is going to happen? My phone is too new for the new Fitbit. This is so irritating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @octupuslau@Sakthi and @Minnie42.

@octupuslau they are probably referring to get it to sync.

@octupuslau and @Sakthi Glad to know that it is working for you. Let's cross our fingers that it continues to work like that without any hiccups!

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello there @Teresa5 thank you for reporting your phone is working and thank you for helping out @Sunshine365 and @Maribel08. I have seen there is a notifications app that is making more easier to received incoming text and call notifications in your Fitbit trackers. Just a heads up this is not an official app and it was created by a third party developer.

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Yorcie, thank you for sharing your workaround and for letting us know your phone is working fine with your Ionic.

@Tiffany1123 usually there is not an estimated timeframe when a phone is going to be listed as compatible. This to avoid any false expectation in case of any eventuality that the phone will not be compatible with Fitbit. Rest assure we are working hard to have this phone among our supported devices.

All your feedback is well received, see you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi it's working I reloaded the app. Thank you for the support.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

The best you can do right now is to get the wireless sync dongle( $5.99 to 19.99. It is the small USB device that comes with some Fitbit devices. The dongle allows your device and computer to communicate with one another. Once you sync watch to computer then your phone will sync. I have to do this dally until Fitbit Inc writes the program to be compatible with the Samsung S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's really weird since I know someone who got her Ionic to sync with her Galaxy 9 with no problem at all. Maybe I'll just wait to buy the phone.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this is terrible that you go and buy a product (fit it charger 2) and then you try to set it up and can't. Then you check the community that Samsung S9 is not on the list of devices. Why is it not stated at the time of purchase? Then I tried to set up on my older tablet Samsung S2, the same problem problem. You seem to be able to pair but not syn. Is fitbit only committed to Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the s9+ and it's synced with my Charge 2 but isn't receiving notifications from my phone - any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It synced fine with my Samsung S7 but since the S9 just came out, it will probably take some time to work. Some people have had no problems at all but most have. Hopefully, the Fitbit people will get this straightened out soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Some people have said they had to download a notifications app from the Playstore and work it through that. Give it a shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have the Samsung s9+ and a Charge 2, it would sync but not send notifications. I downloaded the Fit Notification app from the Play Store (free third party app) and I set it up not only get get text and calls, I also get Facebook messages and e-mails!  I highly recommend the app until Fitbit catches up with Samsung.

Best Answer
Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll give it a try. It seems like so many people have had issues lately with this. Frustrating, I'm sure!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Minnie42

Awesome news! It seems to be the general way to get it to work.  

Keep in mind that it might still present some inconsistencies from time to time given that the phone is not yet compatible.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm gonna throw my vote out there for the engineers to make the s9+ compatibility a priority!

?
Best Answer