Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

thank you for that info... deleted the app, and immediately my Charge 2 connected to my phone! That's so strange, but whatever works I guess!

Best Answer

I have a charge 2 and a samsung S9+ and have not had any issues getting it to connect or sync. 

Best Answer

Fit notifications doesn't work for the Versa yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @JenniLynn03! Hello @Roseytoes9 and @Cantryboy!

@Cantryboy Please do support as many suggestions as you find useful. We truly appreciate that.

@JenniLynn03 Those are some great news. Hopefully it will continue like that and you will be able to track your progress without any worries.

@Roseytoes9 Glad to read that. If you do ever experience some sort of issue, be sure to check back on this post and try what has been suggested, it might work for you too if needed.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you receive notifications?? I can only sync steps and have not been successful with any of the smart watch features

Best Answer
I get messages but they are intermittent and I get my calendar appointments , so in short working but probably not 100%Cheers 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the notifications, calls, texts, calendar stuff, all of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey Lisa ok I think I fixed it go to the play store and install an app called fit bit notifications it has a blue icon with dots in a speech bubble. Then follow the directions it's pretty easy. let me know .. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

play store.

install fitbit notifications app (blue icon) follow instructions works on my s9

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you mean the app - Fit Notifications instead of Fitbit Notifications??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts on the matter. As it has been mentioned before, because the S9 is not currently a compatible device we can't guarantee that some of the features will work at 100%. 

I would also like to add that while Fit Notifications has been quite popular recently and a lot of users have used it to get notifications, it is not a Fitbit developed app and thus it is not official. Because of this we cannot guarantee its functionality nor can we guarantee that it is 100% infallible. Please be aware of this and use it with care. 

Whenever we receive any updates in regards to the S9 we will be sure to let everyone know! 

Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve,

My Galaxy S9+ and Ionic have intermittenly worked together over the past 2 months I have had the phone, most recently not at all so I kinda gave up.  The problem I am having is my Ionic staying connected to my Bluetooth (I also have to reconnect my bluetooth to my vehicle everytime I get in to go anywhere but obviously thats a seperate issue).  I am wondering if you would mind trying to help me since we have the same devices.  Below are my specs for both devices.

Running Fitbit App Firmware Version 27.32.4.19

Ionic version 23.32.4.19

Android Version 8.0.0 

Kernel version 4.9.65

If there is anything else you would want to compare, please let me know.  It would really be great to have my devices that I have spent a nice penny on, work together.

Thank you in advance!

Flex, Alta, Blaze, Ionic, Versa, Versa 2, Sense
Samsung Note 10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndiV wrote:

Hi Steve,

My Galaxy S9+ and Ionic have intermittenly worked together over the past 2 months I have had the phone, most recently not at all so I kinda gave up.  The problem I am having is my Ionic staying connected to my Bluetooth (I also have to reconnect my bluetooth to my vehicle everytime I get in to go anywhere but obviously thats a seperate issue).  I am wondering if you would mind trying to help me since we have the same devices.  Below are my specs for both devices.

Running Fitbit App Firmware Version 27.32.4.19

Ionic version 23.32.4.19

Android Version 8.0.0 

Kernel version 4.9.65

If there is anything else you would want to compare, please let me know.  It would really be great to have my devices that I have spent a nice penny on, work together.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I have compare my S9+ model SM-G9650/DS with yours as follow:

1. Running Fitbit App Firmware Version 27.32.4.19 (Version 2.71 Same as mine)

2. Ionic version 23.32.4.19 (I think you mean OS 2.0, same as mine)

3. Android Version 8.0.0 (Same as mine) 

4. Kernel version 4.9.65 (same as mine)

The main issue of the notification did not work previously was resolved after moving back the data from my SD card back to the phone and It works fine since then.

Hope it will help you a bit.

Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unable to sync my Surge with my new Samsung Galaxy S9, like so many of the other people here I'm absolutely gutted my fitbit is currently out of action due to the lack of compatibility with my new phone. I think it's high time that Fitbit sorted this issue out because there are so many unhappy customers here and that should suggest action needs taking sooner rather than later or: somewhere down the line...with no date given as to when.  Please sort it out. 

Best Answer

It is so disappointing that a large company like Fitbit is not prepared for new phone model releases. The Galaxy S9 has been on the way for sometime, yet my phone and my watch don't "talk". It isn't like my tracker was "cheap" for sure, so I am seriously considering just getting a Smart Watch to do what my tracker can't. Any idea when this "communication" error between the Galaxy S9 and Fitbit will be resolved? When will the Galaxy S9 be added to the list of "supported devices"? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

@hgrassm the list of compatible device is really, really short, so I don't know what to think. My versa don't work with my phone or the ones of my friends. I'll change my phone soon with a op6 or a honor 10, so I'm sure it won't work with them anyway 😞

Sadly I'll have to go back to some other brands that doesn't have compatibility issues.

I was hoping in some help, I figured that fitbit was a huge brand, but a 10$ chinese smartwatch has better compatibility. All I read is "your phone is not supported so it's normal that doesn't work". But all of our phones are not supported... Smiley Sad

It makes no sense.

Best Answer
play store: fit notifications connects s9
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only 2 ways that I can sync Ionic with my Samsung S9. 1.) first sync Ionic to my computer with a dongle then it will synch my Samsung. or 2.) connect my Ionic to the charger then it synch's the Samsung S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What code did you use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

attach fitbit to charger. In Fitbit app. tell it you want to sync  new device. code will appear on Fitbit, enter code on phone. make sure you've deleted Fitbit app from old phone and turned off bluetooth on old phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes