Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692
Thank you!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have downloaded the fit notifications app. I am still unable to receive calls or text messages. Any idea of what I did wrong?

Do you all have any idea how long it will take to add the s9 and s9+ to the compatible list? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the s9+ and I've tried using the fit notification app. I can sync my blaze and charge 2 with my phone. But I'm not recovering my notifications on either devices. One I wear at work and the other I wear not at work. I have troubleshooted and no luck. I now s9 is not compatible,but some are still receiving their notifications. Any info on how I can get around this? Or when will fitbit fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i have just brought Samsung galaxy S9+ and not able to sync my Charge 2 with my phone. Please help me how i am sync my charge 2 with my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update of the situation: currently syncing my Fitbit through my iPad my only workable solution-but that's not ideal or very convenient when outdoors. I want to be able to sync my Fitbit on the move so having my phone (Galaxy S9) able to work with my Fitbit app would be preferable, and I'm sure Fitbit people must surely understand this technicality. Personally, I need this to work to monitor my health and fitness for serious health reasons. Fitbit is great for monitoring these important lifestyle changes and for motivation...(when it is compatible with our mobile devices).

I, like other people in this thread, thought you'd be on top of new release updates given the size of your company and cost of your Fitbit devices, it seems the list of people having the same issues is growing daily and it looks like this has been the case for a while. At what point will it be resolved? Surely we deserve clarity, not open-ended replies with no clear reliable solution. I love my Fitbit, I'd love it more if this was sorted out.

Best Answer
I also have a Charge 2 and a Samsung s9+ which sync together (at least
my phone syncs to get info from my Fitbit - I'll address getting text
and calls from Fitbit to phone in a minute).  Be sure when you install
the app to your phone to have bluetooth turned off of your old phone if
it is anywhere near. If you have your old phone, or anything else around
that it already syncs to - that seems to be an issue.  So, you might
need to uninstall and reinstall the app again on the S9+. Hope that helps.

As stated in this thread, Fitbit is not currently compatible with
Samsung S9+ - so a work around I've found to get texts and calls (along
with Facebook messages and e-mails) to my Fitbit, is to use a third
party app called Fit Notifications.  It seems to work well between my
Charge 2 and Samsung S9+.  It can be downloaded from the Play store.

Isn't it funny that a third party person can write an app to work with a
Fitbit and S9+, but Fitbit can't get their own ducks in a row and make
it work?
Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thank you for your comments regarding the issue with notifications not working with Galaxy S9+. At the moment, there is no timeframe of when this phone is going to be listed as compatible. So far the only word I have received, is that our team is been testing the Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ to guarantee all features will perform as are intended.

As @LanuzaFitbit mentioned before. Fit Notifications is an app developed by a third party that has been popular as a workaround. But is not supported, neither officially related to Fitbit. While this app can circumvent the issue with the notifications, from our end still is require the optimization of the entire Fitbit app and its features to work with the device in question, which in some cases may take longer.

Nonetheless, we are aware many of our users are eager to see this phone as a compatible device and use all the features, with no troubles and I appreciate all your patience while we accomplish this. 

As soon I got more details, I will be visiting this thread to keep you all informed.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, these issues are why I haven't bought the S9 yet. Why have frustrations if you can avoid them?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
The Alta HR and Blaze are working just fine with my SamsungS9
Best Answer
0 Votes
There just must be a problem with the Charge 2. I know someone who has an Ionic and there was no problem either.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like something's up with fitbit. I have the fit notifications app, but not able to get working

With receiving notifications?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to simply update your manifest and resubmit your application to Google play for publication and done so I can use my phone for notifications.  If you are compatable to use a Samsung Note 8 you should be able to use a Samsung S9 or S9+.  They have the same operating system.  You guys are lazy.  Get on it!!!

Best Answer

This is ridiculous! My husband and kids just surprised me with the Versa I try to link it with my phone and it doesn't work.  Now I'm reading that since March it hasn't worked its May!!! How long does it take to get this working. I told my husband to take it back it's useless to me if I can't use it with my phone.  Thanks Fitbit for ruining my day!!!

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. 

Please know that because the phone is not compatible we cannot guarantee every single case will work, even if some definitely do. The best thing I can suggest is that you try the troubleshooting steps that have been shared before.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no issues with sync... that works well. I just cannot access the app on my phone. So I cannot see my dashboard. So once my data syncs I have to log on to the website to check my stats.

Best Answer

Notifications still not coming in for messages or calander off 9+ its frustrating I live off my calander, I may have to send it back before 30 day mark unless someone has a tip help I missed ty

I have a versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Send back. Fitbit has serious dropped the ball on keeping up with current technology(Samsung S9)

Best Answer

Cancel your preorder...got mine yesterday and spent 3 hrs try to get it to sync with my new S9....NOT HAPPENING...it sux! Im sending mine back to AMAZON!

How.....

Best Answer

It synchronizes but I am unable to get my notifications from calander and txt messages that's my biggest issue so far

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried downloading and using Fit Notifications, a third party app that will work with the Fitbit for notifications. Plus you can get all kinds of other notifications, like Facebook, email, erc.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes