Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
804 REPLIES 804

There are many articles that have been written lately about the problems with Fitbit and how they are transitioning to Google. Right now you do not need to move your account to Google but come this fall the plan is to make it mandatory. Some users who have moved their account to Google are experiencing more problems than those who have not. They are probably not going to change anything back to how it was before. They are transitioning the Fitbit to their platform which includes the Pixel line. The inevitable is staring all of us in the face. Google bought Fitbit a few years ago. If what they are doing is so disturbing start looking for another option.

Best Answer

At first, I was surprised at what I saw and didn't know what to make of it. Now, after several weeks, I like it. It took a little getting used to but it's good.

Best Answer
you have no ability to drill into the sleep phases. Those with sight
disabilities (not blind, of course) can't see the graphs anymore. Without
the ability to drill into the sleep phases, physicians can't study the
patterns any longer. 90% of the people think it's horrible. you're in the
10% that don't want to throw away their Fitbit watch (and many already have)
Best Answer
I'll be shopping soon.
Too bad, it was a birthday present.
Had I been shopping for one years ago I probably wouldn't have bought a Fitbit anyway.

Google doesn't really care that people are unhappy with their product. They're waiting for all this dust to die down or they're actually not even caring and not waiting at all. I think they're just ignoring.

There's an old adage that when someone has a good experience with a service or product they tell a person. When they have poor service or poor product they tell 25 people.
So, that's what's going to happen with fitbit. It will get a poor reputation and it's possible that sales will go down. We had a good product at one time that served many of us for our sleep needs and now it doesn't.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

Rating on the Play store is down to 2.8!

It used to be near 5. If I was responsible for the 'new' version I would be worried....

Best Answer

@JackieJay  I am still looking. I found one with a similar sleep display that we loved on Fitbit, but so far have not been able to see an expanded  view to see if we can scroll down through all the past days. I'm trying to find out.

Best Answer

I can’t read it! I look at this information when I’m in bed, on my cellphone. My glasses don’t come to bed with me. This is the weirdest update ever. I’ve been a Fitbit user since 2016, and this update is just the worst. When my current device dies I will be seeking out different options. And I guess we all will need to seek different options as Google is phasing out Fitbit. Probably the only reason why they acquired Fitbit in the first instance.

Best Answer

The new sleep tracking app is terrible. A huge step back. Please go back to last version

Best Answer

@FitbitUzer331 I just got th same message on a other post

Best Answer

yes and I hate it. The change says "typical ranges for people like you" but, those ranges no longer appear. 

Best Answer

I don't like the new sleep update.   It is not as clear as the previous version 

Best Answer

I agree. .I really think Fitbit went backwards with this change

Best Answer

The latest change (including the sleep data) is horrible.   I hope Fitbit listens to their followers and makes it better.  

Best Answer

@Sassytati Agreed. And inaccurate as well. I went to bed early (a little after 8 p.m.). My Fitbit put me down for after midnight (when I got up to go to the bathroom). I slept soundly before that. The system would not let me correct the time like I used to be able to when Fitbit started my sleep period if I got up for bathroom visits in the middle of the night. I even tried deleting the log and starting over. It would not let me log in anything before midnight. I didn't have this issue before their downgrade. I hope whatever replacement tracker I find won't give me me this problem.

Best Answer
ME TOO !
Best Answer

OK so the post that I wanted to reply to, which I have an email of , is not here. Post after post is being deleted again. This just proves the utter contempt that Fitbit/Google have for their users.

This contempt has been evident since the initial update last Sept. All user concerns ignored, no appreciation that their customers have paid good money for their devices but they took away what was a brilliant app and replaced it with rubbish, with no beta testing. 

Eventually they did put back the battery percentage. And we were all supposed to be so grateful for that, that we would shut up about the other many issues. Another strategic tactic. The app is riddled with bugs, and the latest sleep update is useless and totally unnecessary.

It's getting pretty clear now that this is being done on purpose. They are never going to listen to any more user feedback. As others have mentioned, I truly believe that their strategy is to gradually make the app worse and worse, in the hope that eventually we will all be desperate to pay for whatever Google replacement they've got coming. I'd have had more respect for them if they'd just said back in Sept, look- we're not doing this app anymore, we don't want to put any money into maintaining it and you will all have to find an alternative app by whatever date.

Just be honest with us.

Best Answer

All Google had to do was add "...by Google" to the Fitbit name and keep things the way they were, sad.

Best Answer

Totally agree - don’t expect your post to be available for very long - one of mine was taken down yesterday because I commented that our messages are clearly being read but no-one is replying or acknowledging the huge amount of outrage being expressed. 

Best Answer

Amen! Read my mind!

Best Answer

This new app layout is entirely useless to me.

I don't know what to do.

Not being able to see my all my sleep schedules, stages and (total) amounts at a glance via clicking into the sleep tab makes having a fitbit useless to me.

Best Answer