Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
884 REPLIES 884

@stacey88  Can you give a hint to what you got or where to find it? I found a couple of possible replacements but I need to find more info on them before I buy one. 

---

@Evpol Other brand it looks like. Everyone I know that had a Fitbit already did.

Best Answer

Can you let us know which one you bought? I’ve been a Fitbit customer ever since they first came out but I’m done now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, the problem is trying to see the sleep section in a watch that we haven’t purchased yet.

There doesn’t seem to be much out there. Fitbit had a corner on that market and destroyed it.

Posters here have been good to share what they can about a watch they’ve tried. Some Apple people said their software/app is worthless, another said it was great. ☹
Best Answer
EVERYBODY should request their money back (warranty or not). The Sleep
Tracker no longer works properly. The damage was done by FItbit and they
therefore are liable for this damage (unfortunately I'm betting this TOO
will fall on deaf ears)
Best Answer

I get Google wants to make changes to “improve” the Fitbit app, but it’s doing the opposite. The new UI overall is harder to use or read, especially the Sleep duration. Google combined the two graphs, and removed the scales on the axis. Combining two graphs does not make it a better UI or UX. You need to understand the purpose of them!!! We as users do read through the two graphs (original UI), and can easily understand them. Not the new one. Ask anyone new (with fresh eyes) to compare the two, they will tell you the same. Let us CHOOSE!!!!

Google should really do an AB test before forcing all users to accept this non-usable UI. The way you do AB test on this is to allow users to choose between the new and the old, not just rollout to 5%, then 10% of the users, because you can’t get an accurate data from that! (I’m just assuming they have done AB test.) 

Best Answer
Agreed. And, considering the dramatic change, beta testing should have occurred before it was released. I'm sure these objections would have been realized then.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

@Counselor123 

I was trying to come in here to see if anyone heard any hopeful news. I just spent 40 minutes with support because it appears they made more changes that made me have to log in again to the app and it wouldn't let me. Even after I changed my PW. To come into the Forum I also had to log in again. It wouldn't accept my info. I had to delete the app and reinstall and STILL had problems. The support person was very helpful and got me back into the Forum, but I will have to see if I still can once I exit.

Best Answer

The new update to the sleep tracker app is terrible! I loved the old format, it was easy to read. I could tell exactly what time I was awake during the night. There were more color features to the app which made certain important things to me stand out. Also, there were more graphs. It was much more comprehensive than the new one! It's very disappointing. I've been a Fitbit user for years and I check the sleep app every single morning! I also use the meditations and sleep stories and think that section is great!

Best Answer

@rcfoulk  

I just read this. It's BS ("they can't go back") because about a week ago MINE went back to the old version for a day. All the previous days since the change were up to date. The next day, it was back to the new useless version. Someone in here said that theirs keeps on jumping between old and new. They CAN do it. They just refuse to. Here's the article I just read.

https://www.techradar.com/health-fitness/fitness-trackers/fitbit-users-hate-the-recent-sleep-page-up...

Best Answer

Yeah, it's BS @Nawtykitty.  I know more than a little about code development and if the different functions, like sleep as a discrete feature, was developed modularly it would not be difficult to drop the old code back into the app.  Having laid off virtually all Fitbit staff including the folks who developed the product line and having curtailed all sales offshore it's pretty clear that Fitbit has no future in the Google/Alphabet universe.  Google's purchase of Fitbit is likely pretty much catch-and-kill for what had been a well-regarded competitor deemed superior to anything Pixel branded by independent reviews while harvesting the best of their product for the Pixel line.  And it would be Google coders that are bringing us these functional downgrades with likely an eye towards app development for their Pixel line.  While I would never trust another Google product that requires an app developed by them, if I could look at the Pixel app I suspect there is a good deal of similarity if not being pretty much identical.  So the Google folks have no fundamental interest in Fitbit or what the users think about the application that had previously put usability wheels under the physical device.  The total absence of response to the avalanche of outrage concerning what they have done to the Fitbit application to date demonstrates something that's likely a combination of arrogance and utter indifference.  I already have narrowed my replacement options to two products for when this becomes totally intolerable (having reverted to v3.90 on my phone is providing a bridge), I'm just waiting for the last shoe to drop.

Best Answer
Thanks for this
https://www.techradar.com/health-fitness/fitness-trackers/fitbit-users-hate-the-recent-sleep-page-up...
it
contains a link to the request to change the app, which now has pushing
3000 votes. I suggest you go there and vote.
Best Answer

Thanks for the link. I think everyone should read it and vote on the original post. Maybe then someone from Fitbit would actually pay attention. You have to wonder why they would disregard so many unhappy customers. It’s certainly going to affect their future sales.

Best Answer

@rcfoulk  I have choices narrowed down to a couple as well. I just wish I could see their sleep display. I want the readability of the old Fitbit and the ability to scroll through previous days. Those are key features for me. The two I am looking at have similar display to the old Fitbit, but I don't know about the scroll feature. Last night I found another possibility, but don't know if it has the scroll feature. You can bet whatever I choose will have NO connection to Google. I totally agree with your assessment as well.

Best Answer

Have you noticed that emails now arrive without the 'vote' button?  This must be to reduce the critical count

Best Answer
Exactly! When you finally choose to move on, please share the product(s) that you feel represent the closest accuracy and function to our previous module. That would be appreciated. Good luck!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

Amen brother. They totally ruined the graphics. I have been a Fitbit user since 2017 and these are the worst updates ever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you like it, but massive complaints are not " you can't please everyone". It's valid customer feedback from probably a majority of users which is important marketing information. The least they could have done is provide pop ups on how the changes are used and useful. Also, I've also had to reset my Fitbit more recently as another poster mentioned and almost thought I needed to toss it and find something else but now it seems it may be due to the updates (still may need to toss it!). If you have feedback on how to use it, how useful it is now, or how to better communicate with programmers, post it. 

Best Answer

@Nawtykitty wrote:

I just read this. It's BS ("they can't go back") because about a week ago MINE went back to the old version for a day. All the previous days since the change were up to date. The next day, it was back to the new useless version. Someone in here said that theirs keeps on jumping between old and new. They CAN do it. They just refuse to. Here's the article I just read.

The clown who runs the Fitbit page on Twitter said the same thing "there is no way that we can revert back to the old sleep tile since it is already updated.". I work as a software developer, software reverts are entirely possible. Fitbit would need to maintain no copies of their software changes for it to be impossible, and I refuse to believe a company as big as Fitbit (Now owned by Google) doesn't maintain revision history.

Best Answer

I know some are moving to Oura Ring, however, I use my Fitbit as a watch for time, and even make use of the Timer and Stopwatch. So Oura Ring won't meet my needs. I'm thinking Garmin might be the suitable replacement, though I might have to check out what Samsung has to offer first. I will never buy a Fitbit or Pixel Watch with how poorly Google has treated us over this matter.

Best Answer

Interesting thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes