Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps per hour incorrect in app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Oddly enough my fitbit app updated today,  now my steps per hour are wrong in the app (the Hourly Activity).

My fitbit Charge 2 shows correctly 9 out of 14 however my dashboard on my Samsung S6 shows only 6 out of 14. It's marked some of them gray saying I didn't meet the 250 which is incorrect. 

How can I get the app to read correctly. 

Thank you

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

@Asmommy, be sure to restart your phone after the Fitbit app updated - actually, I find it better to shut down the phone and then power it on rather than just restart it.  That will force the app to load clean. See if that helps with the data display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately that didn't help.  I shut my phone down for an hour while I was out and turned it back on with no success.  Now it is missing 4 full hours in the Hourly Activity tracker and I actually hit the 250 step goal.  I've hit every hour today and it's not counting them properly.  I check on a PC and on my Android app, both are incorrect however my Charge 2 itself does show I've hit all hours of the 250 step count.  Of course the first day in a long time I've pushed myself to move every hour and get the 250 per hour and it's not even working on my dashboard.  Ho-hum.  I'll wait for another option to repair.  It was working properly before today's update, it logged my first 2 hours properly since then - it's hit and miss.

Any help out there is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correctly shows 12 of 14 hours goal metCorrectly shows 12 of 14 hours goal metincorrectly shows 8 of 14 hours. Doesn't match the fitbit and is incorrect.  PC & Android app are incorrect.incorrectly shows 8 of 14 hours. Doesn't match the fitbit and is incorrect. PC & Android app are incorrect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not even showing my steps taken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appears no one wants to tackle this issue 😞 

I provided photos and detailed info. No help at all.  

Anyone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Asmommy! Welcome to the Forums @wfournier.

@Asmommy, this is an issue that our team is currently aware of. For some reason the the app itself is not loading that information correctly. For the time being the best option would be to go with the information showing on your tracker.

@wfournier I'd like to take a closer look at the specific situation you mentioned. What is showing up on your Fitbit app? Is your Fitbit showing your steps?

Look forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. I have a Charge HR. I know where I start the hour on my steps. It seems I have to get close to 300 per hour in order to get counted as having walked that hour. Not 250. It has veen going on for a few weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Micsoll!

Could you take a screen shot and then post it here to show exactly what you mean. I'd be really interested in getting more details on what is happening with your total steps per hour.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Micsoll take a look at the main thread on this,  and yes others have teported that doing 300 steps is a work around. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Hourly-Activity/m-p/1944676#M55195

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anybody looking into this issue?

My Ionic shows that the 250 step goal has been met for each hour today, however, the Android app does not show the same (one hour shows as incomplete) and the PC app shows that the 250-step goal was only reached 2 out so far 8 hours. If there is a fix, please let me know, thanks!

Best Answer

Having the same problem.  I've made it a point to get up and walk around the outside of my building   -which is well over 250 steps-   every hour today.  Only 3 of the hours are showing up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to reset mine. If you call tech support they can help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Crews@LimpEmu. Hello @Micsoll.

Please do try the workaround mentioned by @Rich_Laue.

As for the issue being looked into, our team is definitely looking into it. Whenever there are any news about it, we will be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been going  on since March 2017 (my first post)  still an issue,  claim its still being looked into.  11 months?  This seems an excessive amount of time to fix a main feature error.  I have tried all reset suggestions,  sync suggestions,  I've posted pictures in this thread, 300 steps "workaround" not working on mine and others as well, Community members have been posting the same issue in a lot threads (search "250" there are many threads on this).  A fix is needed!   My fitbit gets up to 250 steps, doesn't mark it as such in my app or computer dashboard.  The app needs a fix - soon!

UPDATE** In searching the Community this has been an ongoing issue since December 2016 - So we are talking a YEAR & 2 months at least.  WOW, this is a main feature of the Fitbit - Why is this still an issue. 

Best Answer

I have not had problems with this issue in a while, but then again, I also decided to not care so much about that particular goal. I do have to reset my Ionic several times a week since sometimes it stops syncing for an 8-hour or longer period.

Please note that the link you posted leads to a page with many, many posts. I tried to find one applicable by searching for "250," but nothing came up. Maybe you can post a link directly to the work-around that discusses this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The work around he is referencing says to take 300 steps per hour.  It's buried in that list on that link - I had to search for a while to find it.  Maybe he can post the specific link to that thread, took me to long to find it to search for it again.  It was 300 steps - which is not working for my Charge 2 HR. Hope this helps you out.

Best Answer

Yes, same issue. I've made 2000 to 4000 steps in an hour, but when synced to the App, that hour doesn't show any movement. Really frustrating as I've set my movement reminders to try to hit these marks.

Best Answer

I am having this problem as well. Why are you almost 2 years out without a solution?

Best Answer

This problem did get fixed for me with one of the OS updates.

Under Settings, I did turn on Always Connected and the Keep-Alive widget which means on an Android phone that you are allowing persistent notifications, i.e., the Fitbit app will run in the background (see https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2322) and consume battery power (not a problem for me).

Best Answer