Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps per hour incorrect in app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Oddly enough my fitbit app updated today,  now my steps per hour are wrong in the app (the Hourly Activity).

My fitbit Charge 2 shows correctly 9 out of 14 however my dashboard on my Samsung S6 shows only 6 out of 14. It's marked some of them gray saying I didn't meet the 250 which is incorrect. 

How can I get the app to read correctly. 

Thank you

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Totally ridiculous that this is still happening years later. Fitbit team, just update the app to always sync the same information that shows on the device! Just fix it!

Best Answer

Fitbit doesn't sync active hours to the server. The Fitbit all calculates and creates the chart when asked to. This is where the issue is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I keep trying to connect with them, the answer is we have a team working on
it. I never had my hours fixed or gotten a solution. I just had another
issue with my fitbit versa and have not had anyone reach out to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Katatedo (Recovery Runner)
I have an Ionic. When I called about the 250 step problem, they told me "we are aware of the problem, it is being worked on".I stop stressing about it. I've decided to keep moving as though the function never existed. I just can't be bothered anymore. My eleven hours on the watch registers less in the app. I really thought the update would have fixed the problem; but, not so lucky.
Best Answer

So this is now 3 years later and the problem appears to not having been fixed!! Today my phone shows 6 of 11 hrs active yet my watch shows 7of 11???  Can anyone advise how this gets fixed??  Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to ensure that on your phone Fitbit sync is running in the background at all times. I have had no problems (including other problems I had before) after I ensured that syncing was enabled continuously. It does seem odd that if one didn't have all-day sync enabled why the phone wouldn't just update to whatever shows on the watch .... not sure how much support the Ionic will continue to get after Google acquisition of Fitbit is complete ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ended up going to the charge 3 and it works fine now. Replaced it because
of another issue, but was happy to see it was fixed in newer version.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi DanvilleMikeK (Jogger)I am happy it's working for you.  I have an Ionic, but I'm seriously thinking about ditching it; I can't take it anymore. Good luck with your Charge 3, be well and enjoy.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is an ionic too and it’s got lots of issues and is very unreliable!! I’m thinking of ditching it too. But not on January!! :money_bag::dollar_banknote::no_entry:️

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
  Today I lost 2 hours although the watch, phone and dashboard said I had them. Like you I'm holding on until later then that's it. Good luck with whatever you decide to get...it's got to be better than what we have now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know how to fix it. 
The same thing is happening to me along with my active minutes  since June 2019. The Fitbit team says they "know of the problem and they are working on it". That's all I've been hearing. I thought updates would have made a difference but instead made it worse. 
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, it seems as though Fitbit finally got the 250 steps per hour and the active minutes fixed. If this is so that is huge. I have my eleven hours for the last three days still recorded and also the active minutes for the last four days. Hope the rest of the Fitbit family is seeing results too. Happy stepping!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Going on 4-5 Years now!!! They obviously don't have developers who know how to debug and program properly!!

Best Answer

Yes I agree I'm looking for a solution now another year later. WTF!?

Best Answer

This happened to me as well after the update. First I rebooted my phone. Then I checked the hours that the Fitbit was set to remind me and then collect hourly 250+ steps achieved and it had changed to 6pm-11pm. I changed it to 6am-11pm and resynched it and all my hours I walked 250+ steps showed up. Check to see if your hours you want reminders/measured are correct. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Happening for me as well, brand new issue though. All of a sudden my last month of hitting the hourly step goals, all the green stars disappeared and my "completed hours" are also all off...no amount of restarts, update checks, or anything else has worked to resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well after my Fitbit broke - 98% black screen and Fitbit wouldn’t help because it was 2 years and 1 month old so just out of warranty I decided to go to garmin instead. And although garmin isn’t completely faultless it pretty darn close and I certainly don’t have all the periodic and Radom issues I used to with Fitbit. Garmin all the way! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened to me before but didn't try to correct it and now today its done it again. Hoping as I continue to scroll down, I find a fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FEB 2023 and still having this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes