Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

Good grief 🙄  but thanks for the info! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Update the Fitbit App from google play. It puts the new 3.37.1 version on for you which has fixed my issueSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

See my protocol above. It helped me after many days...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SamVas wrote:

TRY THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOL (I use a Sense, you may use another device):

• IMPORTANT: Open the App on your Android phone, tap on your avatar on the top left, if Sense is listed as a paired device, tip on it and delete it.
  • On any other device than your Android phone:
    • Open the Fitbit app and force a sync. 
    • Open the Bluetooth settings > tap on "forget this device". 
    • DO TURN the device OFF. [Seems FB App has frequent problems managing two different devices when setting up.]
  • On your Android Phone (Galaxy A10)
    • Turn off the Bluetooth
    • Uninstall the App
    • RESTART (factory reset should not be necessary) the Sense
    • Reset the phones network settings (Wi-Fi and Mobile data) [THIS IS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT STEP]:
      • Switch on the smartphone by pressing the Power key for a few seconds.
      • From the home screen choose Settings.
      • In the next step select General management.
      • Now you should tap Reset and Reset Network Settings.
    • Restart the phone
    • Set up the Wi-Fi on the phone
    • Turn on the Bluetooth on the phone
    • Install the App
    • Open the App and set up the Sense
    • Finish

To be clear, are you saying this was necessary for the new, 3.37.1 version, or are you still on the old 3.37 version?  I did not need to do any of that for the new 3.37.1 version.  

Best Answer

Uninstall the app. Re-install and do the update. I have just done this and it has updated to version 3.37.1 which has resolved the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CJLarkin wrote:

The new 3.37.1 version is being deployed now, and it works for me. 

Again, if some people can't see the new 3.37.1 version yet, then that means this is a staged rollout.  It will be made available to more and more people, in stages.  If you can't see it in the Google Play store yet, then you will see it soon.

I assume moderators don't want to post that the new release is available until it is available for everyone.  

Version 3.37.1 works for me.  If you have trouble, restart the phone and the device.  This is commonly needed after an update, and should always be the first troubleshooting steps.

No one should still be taking drastic measures with the old version, version 3.37.  I wouldn't even bother trying to troubleshoot the old version at all at this point.  

Sorry to keep posting the same information, but I think some people might not have seen it.

I didn't uninstall before installing the new version.  I would not recommend it, unless you are having trouble.

Best Answer

You obviously are not having the bug issue almost every android user is experiencing. I have not been able to sync in 3 days since my fitbit app updated. No matter what troubleshoot we try no sync

Best Answer
Today 29th jan.. 👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke to Fitbit and it was this issue. The update has only been available from this morning and it has now resolved the issue once I updated the app. Hopefully it will do the same for you

Best Answer

im at my wits end, for over a month now ive been trying to sync my inspire hr but it wouldnt i deleted it and readded it but still it wont sync, 

i have tried all of the help , restart android, restart watch (which it wont) restart bluetooth nothing, ive gone through lots of the advice and followed it but still nothing.

my watch wont restart and it wont sync any help please before i chuck it and never use fitbit  again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I've just twigged that my Android phone has stopped recognising the original app via Bluetooth let's hope it's sorted soon. Thank goodness for this forum as I thought it was just my lack of IT skills and had zero information from Fitbit. Patience grasshoppers, we will get there, in the meantime, keep going 💪  🙂 

Best Answer

Is this any closer to being fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you download the update3.37.1 ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately 3.37.1 isn't available for everyone yet.

Best Answer

Anyone having any luck with the 3.37.1 update actually setting up their tracker? Support told me to clear all data on my Charge 4 and it still just sits, won't do anything besides do the rolling screen about connecting it to a device? All support did was make it worse and completely unusable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent hours trying to repair versa 2 and the best part of 3 hours on the chat installing & reinstalling everything. The advisors even advised me to get a new phone when the problem is clearly with your software/hardware update. I have just purchased a dongle to try & sync with the PC instead.

Why didn't your advisors let me know there was a problem with the update when I was on the call and to wait for it to be fixed. You need to highlight this on the app so that we don't all waste valuable time trying things that clearly won't work. We all accept that things can go wrong but communication is key to let your customers know what is going on quickly.

Best Answer

I think "the team" should test their updates on all devices and phones before pushing them out to the public.  Seems technology is big now on community feedback for whether "improvements" actually improved their products or not.  The public should not be the  test case.  Thank goodness you don't produce technology to fly planes!

Best Answer

If I can not set up my Charge 4, I'll just be switching to Garmin. I've been such a loyal customer, 4 fitbits in about 4-5 years. They don't care about us. They got their money when you bought the watch, so what do they care if it's broke or we switch. 

I won't be buying a Fitbit product in the future, and from what I hear, Garmin has limited problems anyways. I rely so much on my Fitbit in my day to day life, and this really has screwed up a lot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,  I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app, updated and finally it's working after 3 days. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only got my versa 3 on Monday!!! Really disappointed I cant actually use 200 pounds worth of gear! Is there any time frame for a fix and will we be compensated for down time?

Best Answer
0 Votes