Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531
I have been since like 3am lol... Not so patiently waiting...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kstull wrote:

So is it a phone issue or is it a fit bit app issue before i waste my time 

it's an app issue - your phone and fitbit are fine. The new app - 3.37.1 - seems to be fixing the problem

Best Answer

Hi,

I was unable to sync since last Wednesday 27th. I tried all steps uncessfully and not knowing that your team was working on this issue, did the factory restart.

Yesterday 28th I tried to reconfigurate and I finally got my ionic found by the app and sinchronized.

Best Answer

Same issue. Last sync Mon night 1/25. Would not sync for days. Red circle with ! in the center showing up when selecting my fitbit from my account page on app on android phone. Went through all available troubleshooting tips Thursday. After hard reseting the charge 4, removing it from my account, deleting the app from phone, then reinstalling app, re-adding fitbit to my account and re-pairing it with my phone, then updating the charge 4, it seemed to discover, pair, and sync. Check back this morning less than 12 hours hours later and it is back to not syncing, has not synced since it was set up again, and the red circle with ! in the center is back. 

Best Answer

Are you asking about this Android update issue, found on the Android board. 

This is the thread that you want to subscribe to for updates. 

The problem is not your Sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didnt tell anyone to do anything! My post is aimed at Fitbit to get their problem sorted!

Best Answer

we both regret buying into the fitbit family. Two tracker / smart watches and a scale, ALL of them sporadic issues. We don't use the scale anymore. Charge 4 will probably go in a drawer or on ebay if this isnt fixed soon / next time one of these 'issues' pops up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing then.... sigh....😔😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed an older version of Fitbit, (3.26.1) one that was released on Dec 20, 2020. My Fitbit now syncs and performs like it did before the newest update (3.37) was introduced. I have turned off automatic updates on Google Play for this app, and will await the "fix" that has been promised, before I update the app again. Since this issue has been unresolved for several days, I felt that this was the best and easiest course of action until Fitbit repairs its latest problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue since the 27th as well. I got my versa 2 to work for about 6 hours while I was at work, but I had to reset my watch, unlink my watch from my app, delete and reinstall the app then struggle to reconnect my watch to the app. It worked the rest of the day but stopped again by the end of the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are right.  At least I have not seen the suggestions/updates.  Would be great if Fitbit could just email us the suggestions instead of having to weed through posts where things work, and then don't work.

Best Answer

Any update? I keep troubleshooting, I get out to sync when reinstalling everything, then it disconnects right away again. 

Best Answer

I did the exact same thing to fix my Versa 2 but only since Wednesday. With the same result, the little red circle with !, nothing I did before is working now and its too much of a hassle to keep retrying. I'm gonna sit here and tap my fingers angrily on my desk till the fix they say is in the works comes up. My husband has a Fitbit tracker, cant remember exactly what one, but its just a step down from my versa and his hasn't had a problem. I'm guessing its just affecting the smart watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've joined the numerous customers who have resorted to downloading an older version  of the app from hopefully a legit site. Why theu didn't replace the new version in Google Play is beyond my comprehension. I will not be purchasing anymore Fitbits after.this fiasco. Although, maybe that's what Alphabet wants so they can better promote their Google smart watch? My next smart watch/ tracker will be from Garmin. Like others they have issues as well but their customer service isn't focused on blaming the customer for their mistakes.

Best Answer
I'm glad to see I'm not the only impatient one haha
Best Answer

Have we came up with a resolution yet on how to fix our Android phones and Fitbit's not syncing since the update?? ANY PLANS YET?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the sync problem with my Sense device with Samsung Galaxy S10e Android phone. With Amazon/Fitbit Holiday purchases I see they can be returned up to this Sunday (31Jan21)

The device was a Christmas present and purchased through Amazon. I see on Amazon that they will accept returns on this Fitbit device with full refund up to this Sunday (31Jan21). It appears this holds true for Fitbit holiday purchases directly through Fitbit or Amazon (must be purchased during Nov20-Jan21).

I am afraid that if this fix to Android 3.37 does not solve my sync problem, I am stuck with a Fitbit an no return options. After contacting support and asking to discuss this issue with a supervisor, I was sent standard "sorry" email listing their return policy. I was hoping they would extend this return policy until the fix was available to see if it works.

If I do not see either a fix or workaround available by Saturday (30Jan21) I will be returning my Sense device and I would suggest others in the same situation consider this. This is a lot of money to throw out. 

Best Answer

@Kirsten-S wrote:

Have we came up with a resolution yet on how to fix our Android phones and Fitbit's not syncing since the update?? ANY PLANS YET?

It seems that a new version of the app - 3.37.1 - is rolling out now and there are several reports that it fixes the problem

Best Answer

I have stopped to get my tracker to work...I've spent hours the last couple of days with no results.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still waiting to hear from the fitbit tech department. 4 days now of not having my watch. Still wont pair, nothing I tried works and I went through everything with the ppl in the live chat. 

Almost at the stage of just chucking it in the rubbish and finding an alternative option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes