Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

If the Charge 4 is still connected to your Fitbit account. 

Open the Fitbit app on the phone 

Wait until the Fitbit app asks for permission to pair the tracker. 

Approve this request and let the Fitbit app pair the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thing. Fitbit Up date of the andoid app to 3.37 on 21-1-21 @11:45 pm.

Unable sync. Change clock faces (Now stuck trying to switch) or communicate with my brand new charge 4. Ver 48.20001.9 6.29.  27 days old.

Have tried ALL & I do mean ALL of posted suggestions no joy. Plus many on line suggestions. Can you get IT to push out the old 3.36 ver that actually worked till you FIX the 3.37 app.

This is also affecting my wife's Inspire HR and our Aria scale.

Best Answer

Spent several hours following all guidance,

close to returning it under Warranty as faulty.

Anyone else have this issue from 2 days ago?

Support is less than helpful. Need to be able
to revert to previous App version, which worked fine!

Better still, FIX the App for Moto E4 and others....

Gone back to my old Inspire but resisted the offered

firmware update, just in case.  UNIMPRESSED

Best Answer

Have tried your suggestion. Logged out in app. Logged back in. device 1hr later. Device never asked to pair again. Tried manual sync via pull down. Red message couldn't sync your charge 4. Tried manual sync in account page, non responsive will not even try to do anything.

Will be returning this BRICK.

Had hoped that FITBIT would have learned for the Charge 3 fiasco.

Best Answer

Same issue on Samsung J7.  I was able to sync the data through my computer.  Support caused further issues with factory reset ended up have to find a friend to get back to semi working, still won't sync with phone.  I asked if they could roll back update but got nowhere (replacement Charge4 being sent in warranty, but doesn't help because it was the app update that broke everything).

Best Answer

See the many posts in @Gjandrew to @rich_laue. Update 3.37 has turned many devices into bricks.  Charge 4, Inspire, aria to name a few at my location. HELP NON existent. Typical for Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Update to ver 3.37 on 20-1-21. Has turned many many devices into bricks. Support doing its best to C.Y.A.

Its the app update, not your phone. Iam using a Samsung J3-6. That was working great until they push the 3.37 app upgade.

Demand a refund or a new device.

Best Answer

The tracker doesn't need to be paired for the app to sync the tracker. 

Best Answer

I agree, I haven't been able to sync mine for 3 days. I've done every trouble shooting advice given and nothing. This sucks, bad fitbit, bad.....needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

If the problem is with the tracker, a restart or a shutdown will fix the sync issue. 

Other than that.. Their are about a dozen things to try in the phone

The reason a removed tracker can not be setup is simply because removing the tracker from your Fitbit account in the cloud, will not fix a sync issue 

Best Answer

Rich, I tried your advice and the Fitbit app sat on "Bluetooth pairing is taking longer than usual. Please be patient. We're on it!" for an hour and a half before I gave up. In this time I did not navigate away from the Fitbit Bluetooth pairing page at all because I know sometimes that interrupts the process. I was on the lookout for a Bluetooth confirmation dialog box or anything but nothing happened at all, just the spinning blue circle indicating that it was trying to work.

Best Answer

Sending it back and leaving fitbit forever after shocking customer service

Best Answer

I think it's safe to say the problem is with the app

Best Answer

But what we are all saying is the tracker doesn't sync after the update.. It doesn't pair or link..  Something changed in the app that broke it for our phones.  I have installed the app on my husbands huawei phone and it linked /paired immediately.. Unlinked it there, went back to my samsung A10 and it still doesn't link/pair.  The app needs to be fixed or rolled back please!

Best Answer

Exactly what I see... There is no Bluetooth confirmation just the spinning circle with the 'pairing taking longer than usual message' 😞

Best Answer

I can confirm the new Fitbit v 3.37 is unable to sync or re-setup on my Samsung A6 and Samsung A3.
I tried several, re-installes even a new account setup, nothing worked on both Samsung mobile phones.

I got my Charge 4 working with Fitibit app on Windows 10 and on my iPad.

Please Fitbit, fix this, this is a software issue!

Best Answer
Strangely, my Inspire is working fine since the update but Charge 4
(marketed as a superior product) is toast.
Best Answer

Same problem.  

Best Answer

Have the same issue, convinced it's the latest app update (3.37) too. Been working perfectly for the last year on Moto G5 Plus.

Thought re-install fixed it as it synced once (albeit slow and without GPS data), but same problem arose.

Hope Fitbit can identify a fix in the next app update.

Best Answer

Every single day in having to uninstall the Fitbit app and reinstall because it won't sync. Nothing else has changed. I had the Fitbit Versa previously and never had this issue. At this point, the money that I spent on this Sense was a waste. 

Best Answer