Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

Seems like this is a common issue.

Can you see if this suggested simple Sync repair works for you in the interim perhaps

If not probably best to inform Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Apparently my Sense is often too busy making something and won't sync. Be patient when you wake up, the Sense needs 20 minutes to calculate your sleep data. May be a stronger CPU would help. Don't try the reset to factory: my Sense went dead...

Best Answer

In my case, contacting the helpdesk didn't helped and they had to replace my Sense

Best Answer

Same problem. Synced up until last Thursday. Now can't get it to connect. 😩😡

Best Answer

I have successfully synced my Charge 4 now to my laptop so that at least I can get my data uploaded each day (although not ideal).  Means I lose the notifications, messages, calls etc. but will have to do until a fix version of the app is made available.

Any idea how we can escalate this to Fitbit ?

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. @ChickenFingerz, it's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your trackers, I'm sorry you're going through this experience. Just to confirm, have you tried the suggestions described in this help article? If that's correct, please provide me with the model and OS/software version of your phone so I can investigate on my end.

In the meantime, please give one last try to the following:

1. Remove the Charge 4 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your tracker.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon > Set Up a Device.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions and try syncing one more time.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My other fitness apps are not syncing to Fitbit to record exercise.  I wear a wahoo heart rate chest strap & it uploads stats to Fitbit.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Starting yesterday, sync has been unreliable.  The Fitbit device seems to reboot itself frequently (several times per hour).  I've tried all of the steps in the help article several times.  I've reset all devices, turned Bluetooth off and on, force quit the Fitbit app, removed the device from Bluetooth and reinstalled, etc.  All to no avail. 

I then tried reinstalling the Fitbit app, and now I'm having trouble even connecting to the device.  When I receive a message to set up the device, the setup routine finds the device and asks me to enter the four digit code from the Fitbit display.  After several minutes of a message that says 'Connecting to Fitbit...' I get an error that 'Something went wrong, there was an error while trying to pair your device''.  I've tried this from both an iPhone and an iPad and I receive the same message.

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem, starting yesterday 1/24.  Device will not pair with my iPhone or my iPad.  Everything was working fine for months until then.  No changes to hardware or anything else I can think of that would have caused the issue.

Best Answer

Hello. I have exactly the same issue as well since January 23. I followed multiple times every single suggestion in the article that @LizzyFitbit shared, even the procedure that she wrote at the end. Nothing works. I removed my Charge 4 from my Bluetooth devices and from my Fitbit app. When I try to add my Charge 4 to my app, it finds my watch, but it won't connect at all, even if I try again for multiple times....... So now, I have a useless watch that won't sync to my phone anymore.

I have a Motorola Moto G7 Play phone with Android 10 OS.

Could you please solve this problem? I am seriously thinking about buying a Garmin watch instead, because there is always weird problems with Fitbit... I like my Charge 4... when everything works fine, which is clearly not the case now!

Thank you.

Best Answer

I am having this same issue. My Charge 4 doesn’t even show up in my Bluetooth anymore (I have an iPhone). Really frustrating. I have spent at least an hour going through the tips multiple times. Fitbit please fix this issue!

Best Answer

Same issue on Samsung J9 that the app updated to 3.37 on Friday 01/22/21 and I did a reboot on my Charge 4 because it wasn't syncing with the phone since the new update making it the issue. When Charge 4 rebooted it is now stuck in the Download App setup mode and can't get out of it. I've tried everything that you have listed to do for troubleshooting. It won't pair with my phone at all. I can get it to pair with my Windows 10 OS, but somehow it won't update the software through the USB. I thought when it said it would USB recover, that would take care of it, but it hasn't. It did charge the Charge 4 to 100% with a smiley battery and the correct time under it, but it won't reboot with holding down the button on the dong.  And when I disconnect it from the dong, it will just go to the Download or Update the Fitbit App to setup... It will show up on my phone as available devices in bluetooth, but it wont' pair with the phone. It's unusable.  HELP!!! 

Best Answer

So my Fitbit Charge 4 has always been having issues syncing to my fitbit app on my android phone automatically. So every week, I try to do it manually and usually all the data from the device syncs normally. But for the last two weeks my Fitbit hasn't been syncing to my fitbit app at all. I try to do it manually everyone on the app, but it doesn't want to sync at all. Everytime I scroll down to activate the sync, it quickly tells me that there's and error with syncing to my fitbit device.

I hit the "FIX IT" button at the top where the error message was and it transferred me to Fitbit's Help Website. There it told me that I should try a few things like turn on and off Bluetooth on my android, resetting fitbit device by holding side button for 10 seconds, and resetting my android phone. I tried all that, nothing worked, the device still wouldn't sync its data with my fitbit app.

So, I came up with my own idea to unpair the device from my phone's Bluetooth settings and remove the device from my fitbit account settings. I wanted to try and pair the device again to my phone and pair my fitbit device as a new device to my fitbit account. I chose my device "Charge 4". It tells me to charge my device using the pin charger. It then finds the device by saying "Found it!". Then shortly after, an error screen comes up saying that it can't pair with my fitbit device.

It tells me I should turn on and off Bluetooth settings on my phone, make sure fitbit device is charging, and try to reset device by holding side button for 10 seconds. I did all that, and tried to pair device again in app, and the same error screen pops up. I have been doing this over and over again. I'm stuck now, I'm out of ideas and I don't know what to do now.

Can anyone help me out and tells me what's wrong?

Thanks.

Best Answer
I am using a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown and the OS is the Android Version 9.

I tried tge steps again and no luck. If you look at the reviews in the Play
Store, you'll see there's a lot of people with the same problem.

Thank you for looking into this.
Best Answer
I no longer needed the help thanks i got tired of fighting with it really
needed my tracker so i traded it in for something else
Best Answer

Yeah, this is my second Fitbit, also going to change to something else, Fitbit is just not worth it! 

Best Answer

If you look at the first 10 or so reviews for the Fitbit app on the Play Store, they are having the exact same problem as well. I tried to post a screenshot of them but can't include them on this reply from my phone. We appreciate your help in trying to figure this out,  @LizzyFitbit .

Best Answer
I got a samsung galaxy it was only about $20 more than charge 4 and can do
more than fitbit can.
Best Answer

Same, Bluetooth is not finding my Charge 4. I tries absolutely every fix in forums then resorted to deleting my device and tried to reinstall it. That does not work either. The app can find my Charge 4 but then gets hung up when it tries to pair with it.

I followed the help article...did not fix my problem.  I have rebooted my phone, deleted the app and reinstalled it, cleared cache, even uninstalled all the apps on my phone that could be interfering with it, turned off wi-fi and Bluetooth on and off multiple times on my phone and throughout the entire house (all my other devices are having no problems with wi-fi and Bluetooth btw). 

Now I have a very expensive and not very pretty bracelet. Of course customer support will not read this or do anything about this so Im looking into options to get a refund if this does not somehow magically resolve itself in the next few days.

Best Answer

Kind of a crappy workaround but I went to ***a site that the forums censored that rhymes with SmuptoSmown*** and downloaded the older version of the app (3.26.1). The new update broke the Charge 4, unfathomable to me that a forced update with no rollback option could break on so many phones. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. 

Best Answer