Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531
So are you able to use your tracker on the older version? I just installed
3.26.1 but am still not having any luck getting Bluetooth to pair.
Best Answer

Same problem here after updating to 3.37.

After doing all the necessary trouble shooting, the only way to get the app to sync with my Charge 4, is to delete the app and reinstall it. Unfortunately that only works for a few hours.

Update 08:15 pm.

After deleting and re-installing the app several times, it looks like everything is back to normal. Hopefully it stays that way.

Update 27-01-2021, 0:46 am.

Back to being a brick. Deleting and re-installing stopped solving the issue too.

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer

I'm having the same issues, its infuriating I've tried the same as you for hours on end and only got my fitbit 1 week ago. Worked fine up until I updated the app last night !!

Best Answer

I thought I was the only one. I've been struggling to connect my fitbit. I wonder if it has to do with the app. I think it has to do with the recent update. 

Best Answer
I'm more than sure it's to do with the recent update! It worked absolutely
fine up until then. It seems that's the case with a lot if the
questions/reviews, it's all happened after the update. I just hope they get
it sorted soon
Best Answer

Turns out we're not the only ones. There are other posts of people complaining that they can't connect or pair their fitbit. This is so frustrating.  I wonder if Fitbit are gonna try and fix this. 

Best Answer
I hope they do fix it like I said I've only had it for 1 week! Looking in
the app reviews they are basically all the same, can't sync etc.
Best Answer

If that is the case with everyone, then this technical issue should be reported to Fitbit immediately.

Best Answer

So glad I've seen this spent hrs last night trying to sync I've followed every option possible😭 Hope they sort it asap or I will be asking for a refund because it's useless to me now.

Best Answer

25 Jan 2021 fitbit app update (android) did me in too.  No connect, can not find device, can not fix.

Another awful update not properly QC'd.  Wonder what new amateur Fitbit has in charge of updates now?

Waiting the usual long wait for fitbit to come up with something besides "restart your device".

Charge 4 firmware ver 48.20001.96.29

Best Answer

In one of the posts, a lady said that she tried calling customer. But the call wouldnt go through. She said she tried for hours. Maybe they are receiving lots of calls from people complaining about the syncing.

Best Answer

I am so glad that I am not alone.  My Charge4 stopped working mid morning on the 21st.  I have tried the chat room and got two guys (I got cut off in the middle) who read a script and didn't solve my problem.  They seemed to want to blame my phones bluetooth but I had checked that worked with another device.  I asked them to get a manager to contact me and was told that would be by email - still waiting!  Was thinking of sending it back under warranty until I saw your comments, might wait a bit until they own up that it is their problem and solve it.

Best Answer

Omg, I did some digging on these posts. Y'all this has been a problem since July of last year!! People have been complaining and have tried everything and Fitbit doesnt care! This is super frustrating! If you can get a refund,  I suggest you do! I found a post that said "charge 4 won't sync" by Abzy24. It dates to 06/17/2020. I wish I could upload a picture but it wont let me.

Best Answer

I have tried all the troubleshooting instructions SEVERAL times. I went so far as to uninstall the app on my phone and reinstall it.  It can find in an two seconds but then can't connect to it.  I need this to work.

Best Answer

Thanks to whoever reported me. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I will try this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for digging.  That's super frustrating. You'd think they would have this all figured out by now. 

Best Answer

I too tried all the suggested methods of getting the device to work then when I went on the chat room they asked me to do them again..... How do we get this message to Fitbit?  It is all very well us chatting about it but we need some action from Fitbit - how do we do that?

Best Answer

I've done exactly the same, been trying to fix it all morning. Mine finds device starts connecting the goes to not working, try again page. Spoke to customer services all they do was talk me through what I have already done, then was cut off, was on live chat. Anyone got any solutions yet, mine is useless to me without the app 😔

Best Answer

I had to renove the bluetooth pairing since it wasn't syncing, searched for the charge 4, found it,  but now it won't pair.  I've restarted the device, my phone, and bluetooth several times.

Best Answer